Forum › Living with My Brother's Wife. discussion

joined Jul 25, 2022

Wait. I never thought about it but, how do a Slice of Life manga ends ? There should be some big event before it ends right ?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Kouno123 posted:

Wait. I never thought about it but, how do a Slice of Life manga ends ? There should be some big event before it ends right ?

Usually ends when one of the character says "I have to move far away/ I'm going to quit" and everyone is in bad mood, but then they say "actually I don't have to :)" and everyone is happy again.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

I want to one day click on the chapter and see the "subtext" tag replaced by "yuri" :(

Going by this chapter, it'll happen because Hitomi hooks up with crying-girl (Niwa?)

Yuri (Not the MC)

joined Feb 1, 2021

I want to one day click on the chapter and see the "subtext" tag replaced by "yuri" :(

Going by this chapter, it'll happen because Hitomi hooks up with crying-girl (Niwa?)

Yuri (Not the MC)

There is a tag for this: lesbian sidecouple

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

The standard solution is a meteor impact.

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

I'm just glad that someone is even misidentifying others as lesbians. We've seen a similar gag before with Shino's kohai but a fakeout at least gives the illusion that Kuzushiro isn't 100% messing with us. It would be nice to have another queer side-character or anyone making Shino be introspective about her relationships.

Right now, what even is the main plot? Shino will study for sports medicine, and make peace with no longer being in high school and becoming independent. Nozomi will learn to feel slightly less empty and lonely, and to share her pain and anxiety. Eventually they stay apart or have a just-roommates ending. There's more to explore about Shino and Nozomi's mindsets but the human drama of coping with Taishi's death and post-traumatic growth has lessened over time. The story isn't stale but the long-term conflict is much weaker than earlier, unless the subtext is foreshadowing (hope). It's the same problem as some romances where the getting-together part has conflict and drama but the author loses momentum in the being-together part. I love this story regardless, I just no longer understand what it's aiming for if "that's the full story" as Shino's narration said at the start. Either we're in the wind-down after the main conflict or the wind-up to gay chaos.

last edited at Sep 11, 2022 6:23PM

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

Shino and Nozomi had a little cameo in chapter 9 of Kuzoshiro's other OTHER manga, "A Workplace Where You Can't Help But Smile ",I actually reacted loudly when i saw them lol but better than doing a spitake of the coffee I was drinking or choking on it ^^;;

last edited at Sep 12, 2022 8:06PM

thechampionmike95
Latest-1-1
joined Aug 6, 2015

Latest chapter was kinda boring. I don't care for any of these side characters

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

This was licensed by square enix and is available over here:
https://global.manga-up.com/manga/33

They're almost caught up and moving pretty fast with new chapters.

0mniessence did one more chapter and then dropped the series.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Raws are up to ch132 and the official translation is on 110, 2 more to reach the fans translation!

As for the raws in 132, just with the cover alone, it's very meaningful, it shows a crossing road with the dead brother walking one way and Shino and Nozomi walking holding arms together the other way... After a talk with a good friend about her feelings, it seems that Nozomi reached an answer that concerns Shino, she wants to have a talk, but that's for next chapter! maybe! who knows...
I won't link the chapter because it's a very ad heavy site with virus pop ups.

last edited at Feb 18, 2023 10:31AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

The official translation has passed the fan translation already! up to chapter 120 right now https://global.manga-up.com/ you can download the app and read 4 chapters for free every day I think!! so yeah go check them out!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Huge! the Official translation has not only caught up with the raws (at least the ones I can find) but also beyond that already! https://global.manga-up.com/manga/33 147 chapters translated and I know I've said this before but it feels like we're in the climax of the story

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Huge! the Official translation has not only caught up with the raws (at least the ones I can find) but also beyond that already! https://global.manga-up.com/manga/33 147 chapters translated and I know I've said this before but it feels like we're in the climax of the story

Tbh i highly doubt the official english release has gone past the raws, as they used them to translate to begin with, unless official english draw their own stories.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

True! lol what I meant to say is that you can find raws out there (unofficially) up to chapter 146, but that was updated 2 months ago and square enix is the official publisher, so I tried going to the official Japanese website and there you can find the raws (if you get their app, not sure if you can read for free) up to chapter 144 and 145 coming soon https://www.ganganonline.com/title/33 so I don't know exactly how it works, but the official english translation is ahead of what I can find in raw

Suisoh1el
joined Jul 14, 2021

so I tried going to the official Japanese website and there you can find the raws (if you get their app, not sure if you can read for free) up to chapter 144 and 145 coming soon

It's published in the magazine first (available both printed and digitially), not as standalone chapters (which would compete with magazine sales). Young Gangan 2024 No.07 from 15 March has chapter 148, there was no chapter in the previous issue, and chapter 147 is from 16 February. "Out there" is up to date, too.

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

I miss this so much, my favorite manga dropped

joined Jan 14, 2020

I miss this so much, my favorite manga dropped

It's still updating officially (up to 147 here https://global.manga-up.com/manga/33 ) Unofficial sources exist but only up to 145.

To reply you must either login or sign up.