Forum › Please Bully Me, Miss Villainess! discussion

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

What was that thing at the beginning of the story that tried to get Elsa to jump off the school? Are we gonna talk about that?

She called it a mare, probably some kind of demonic spirit that latches on the emotionally weak to force them to commit suicide or something.

I think it was spawned/summoned by the system to force Evie to choose something for once, or maybe since Evie won't do anything it tried to finish off Elsa by itself by summoning it and potentially empowering it.

Would honestly make the system even scarier tbh..

Seeing as how the only two options it gave Evie at that point (doing nothing or just straight up pushing her) would both result in Elsa's death, I can definitely believe that. But that just raises a whole bunch of other questions. Like, if it wants Elsa dead this badly why doesn't it do it itself? Or is it just trying to force Evie to do it, since she's supposed to be the 'villainess'?

The more and more I think about it the more and more it scares me lol

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

What was that thing at the beginning of the story that tried to get Elsa to jump off the school? Are we gonna talk about that?

She called it a mare, probably some kind of demonic spirit that latches on the emotionally weak to force them to commit suicide or something.

I think it was spawned/summoned by the system to force Evie to choose something for once, or maybe since Evie won't do anything it tried to finish off Elsa by itself by summoning it and potentially empowering it.

Would honestly make the system even scarier tbh..

Seeing as how the only two options it gave Evie at that point (doing nothing or just straight up pushing her) would both result in Elsa's death, I can definitely believe that. But that just raises a whole bunch of other questions. Like, if it wants Elsa dead this badly why doesn't it do it itself? Or is it just trying to force Evie to do it, since she's supposed to be the 'villainess'?

The more and more I think about it the more and more it scares me lol

Probably, but throughout the series its only given violent/hopeless options to Evie when it prompts during rather critical moments, like the knife one. As to why it doesnt just summon more things to force Evie to hurt Elsa, maybe the mare wasnt actually summoned and only latched onto Elsa because she was emotionally weak from bullying, perhaps a total coincidence.

The system's patterns seem pretty wacky and doesnt seem to give violent options unless the event is inescapable and dangerous, like Evie couldnt really do anything with the paper knife other than to cut Elsa, or she couldnt really do more harm to Elsa when she fell from the building.

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Thinking about it, I wonder if the problem is Evie still thinks of herself as the villainess. She just refuses to believe that she might be one of the valid fates.

It's really not clear what affects how extreme the system's options are, though...

New
joined Aug 4, 2016

Yeah, that's right, reject being the villain to the heroine, be the villain to the system!

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

So much pain in this chapter, I am very much looking forward to the reconciliation soon

joined Aug 10, 2021

I want more ...

b0undarybreaker
C12%20wink
joined Oct 29, 2020

Ugh, they better fucking make up soon. You're being such an idiot, Evie.

432027e9-d7bf-4855-8947-d2e8c86accea
joined Jun 3, 2018

I really don't like this trope. What did you expect to happen?

"I told you to leave, now I'm wallowing in self pity and loathing".

I remember reading a sentence somewhere that went something like, 'The moment you made the decision, you lost all right to regret it'. If she really wanted to distance herself, then she should bury all that pain and hesitation deep enough that it never shows up in her actions or on her face.

Zzhohcp%20(1)
joined Oct 7, 2021

I really hope it doesn't take too long for the next chapter!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, at least she's decided to go for what she wants now, even if it didn't go quite as planned this time. Time to turn this thing around again.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

yeah, Evie, you kinda are an idiot. I'm pinning the blame on the system much more than I am on you, but still.

Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

Angst 100

Dynasty
joined Mar 17, 2022

My conspiracy theory is that if Elsa and Evie kiss, the Villainess System will break since that will flag them for the romance route instead. That's why it suddenly threw up all those warnings.

joined Mar 23, 2022

well eve let me repeat it for you dear, yup you're stupid af, so I hope you come up a better way and realize that you're gay and break the villainess system.

joined Mar 23, 2022

yup better go the way gurl!stop kicking ass the heroine but instead kick ass the fucking system

joined May 25, 2020

well eve let me repeat it for you dear, yup you're stupid af, so I hope you come up a better way and realize that you're gay and break the villainess system.

you already saw how strong the system is in ch1. it literally ruined one of the strongest families in the country over night. it might even have some reality bending powers. being scared of what a seemingly omnipotent system can do to you if you dont follow it means you are smart not stupid

New
joined Aug 4, 2016

Why is everyone calling Yvonne stupid/an idiot? This system has forced her to do awful things, and the one time she refused it destroyed her entire family (when it prompted her to basically kill Elsa, no less). Then here, in a pivotal moment, it flashed a ton of literal warning signs. She has no idea what that could mean (and neither do we). I'd be scared shitless, too.

Yaa%20898
joined Apr 24, 2022

I think the only way out of this to get them back to the wholesome goody romance is through explaining the villainess system as just saying “hey I want us to continue living together” would probably be kinda weird. I think Elsa has the potential to be isekaid herself. Though I’m still wondering on if she knows the gist of the villainess system herself or if she knows entirely the game she’s in and what occurs in it. She also seems one of the only people in this world to have a personality outside of their stereotypes. I can’t really provide any more evidence or further add on as I’m on vacation without an access to my computer so it’s mostly just a “source: trust me bro” theory so yeah.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

The only thing that it's stupid in here is the entire premise, I just can't bring myself to treat these "transported into the videogame" stories seriously because of dumb shit like this, they're always at their best when they ignore this aspect as much as possible. (And yet I keep reading these, I guess I am stupid).

last edited at Jun 10, 2022 7:26AM

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

there sure is a post on tumblr to the tune of "there only one thing I'm scared of in fiction and it's seeing a character make a decision that is bad for them but is completely reasonable to make under the circumstances of their story and having readers say that character is stupid because they forget that we the readers have an omniscient viewpoint of the story and the characters themselves do not"

and like god I feel that post in my bones every single time I go into the comments of this story to see what people thought of the new chapter.

last edited at Jun 10, 2022 8:16AM

ArtemisOnVtubers
joined Dec 16, 2021

But they will end as couple sooner than Claire x Rei

__fujiwara_no_mokou_and_houraisan_kaguya_touhou_drawn_by_ootsuki_wataru__abfa356e1066a80ad94144d78ad40e5f%20-%20copia
joined Sep 22, 2019

I really don't like this trope. What did you expect to happen?

"I told you to leave, now I'm wallowing in self pity and loathing".

I remember reading a sentence somewhere that went something like, 'The moment you made the decision, you lost all right to regret it'. If she really wanted to distance herself, then she should bury all that pain and hesitation deep enough that it never shows up in her actions or on her face.

Well, it's not like she actually wants to distance herself. She just feels obligated to try anyway out of fear that she will end up hurting her otherwise because of the villainess system.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Why is everyone calling Yvonne stupid/an idiot? This system has forced her to do awful things, and the one time she refused it destroyed her entire family (when it prompted her to basically kill Elsa, no less). Then here, in a pivotal moment, it flashed a ton of literal warning signs. She has no idea what that could mean (and neither do we). I'd be scared shitless, too.

Because all she had to do was to communicate with Elsa on what's going on then see how she respond then this whole thing could've been avoided. I highly doubt Elsa would dismiss what Evie would claim if she had decided to spoken up about the whole system instead of bottling it up. The two would've probably tried to do something too by that point.

I honestly would've preferred for the story to go that route. I want to know the mechanic of the villainess system.

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

I dunno, in Yvonne shoes i'd be worried that talking about the system makes it go apeshit and kill both me and Elsa or some shit like that.

last edited at Jun 10, 2022 8:41AM

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Damn, it's like watching Polanski's Bitter Moon

To reply you must either login or sign up.