Forum › Kami eshi JK to OL fujoshi discussion

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

I wouldn't have said this at the start, but I would love to see a spin-off for Madoromi. She grew a little, but it doesn't feel like she's had a proper arc. Also, I always want the failed romantic rival to get something better than the "accepting that they lost" story beat.

It's purely crack-shipping, but I do think Madoromi x Ai's work kouhai would be funny just for the irony of it.

last edited at Jun 2, 2022 3:42PM

M1%20-%20memory%20snow.mkv_snapshot_07.53.879
joined Aug 9, 2021

Can't say it was the most exciting ending, and it did get annoying sometimes with the goddess artist thing but It was sweet and pretty cute overall, and I would even say it was my favorite ongoing manga at some point in time. Gonna miss it. Really hope the artist give us some bonus lovey dovey chapter(s) between the two.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

oh this is the end huh, kind of abrupt but I guess the main couple wrapped up their story. A shame about Madoromi though she sure was still entirely in the middle of getting over herself and I would have loved seeing the rest of her character arc. But ah well.

joined May 1, 2015

Great ending, they are living together, they wear wedding rings, they did "it" (Too bad we didn't see it) but overall alright.
Thank you for your hard work Daphie and Golsho.

2024-01-09%2004_02_51-3%20_%20chapter%20162%20-%20the%20100%20girlfriends%20who%20really,%20really,%20really,%20really,%20really
joined May 28, 2020

I'm going to miss this series, but I can't hide that the endings less than I wanted. I didn't even realise we were doing a timeskip until Ai went home.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

It's always so sad to reach the end of a series you enjoy. It's been a fun ride. Thanks to everyone who made this possible!

bleudelalune
Akiko%20megaer%20think%20smaller
joined Aug 7, 2021

Honestly, when I first started reading this way back when, I thought it was a decent enough comedy, and that was all. Just weird and fun enough to keep my interest, but definitely not the best thing I'd ever read.

As a few chapters went by, more and more of Ai's character came through, and I really liked how her otaku-fueled obsessiveness initially hid (or maybe always complimented?) how honest she could be with others. Misumi's difficulty with her desire to be a mangaka being resolved as it was felt great, and it really did serve to make Ai feel like the "perfect" partner for her: someone who just gets her, without much effort required to hit it off, but with the desire to know as much as possible at the girl she loves. Something about the genuine tenderness of Ai's and Misumi's relationship quickly worked with the wackiness of the setup to make something I genuinely looked forward to reading more of, chapter after chapter. I even thought Madoromi was a good addition to their dynamic! Just a little something to remind you of how bizarre the whole situation was. Most of the other characters felt a bit hit-or-miss at times, but that's expected considering how laser-focused it was on the main relationship and their cute, tsuntsun third wheel mascot.

Going to miss this greatly. Thanks for the TL's.

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Boring.

4 / 10

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Rings! ^_^

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Good bye, I will miss you!! what a nice ride it was, how the author managed to avoid the most lame cliches by having 2 crazy protagonist but who are also very good people and small, I guess the maturity of Ai and honesty of Misumi was to thank for that, any adversity or doubt they pulled through together.

Even back with fragtime, we knew this author wasn't happy with just any average romance but this time it really went above my expectations, so I'm very glad we had the chance to enjoy this, thanks to you Daphie!!! and of course Golsho thank to you too!

Even at the very end, I never get tired of seeing Ai's eyes when she gets into fujoshi trance state lo/ also the rings...So CUTE!!!

And of course like everyone else, hoping for some twitter extras or maaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyybeeee a bonus sometime in the future just to see how the other characters are doing would be great XP

Orestes posted:

Boring.

4 / 10

Tsunderes who stay around for 27 episodes with series they don't like are just part of any forum ecosystem I guess

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Anime when?

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I wouldn't have said this at the start, but I would love to see a spin-off for Madoromi. She grew a little, but it doesn't feel like she's had a proper arc. Also, I always want the failed romantic rival to get something better than the "accepting that they lost" story beat.

It's purely crack-shipping, but I do think Madoromi x Ai's work kouhai would be funny just for the irony of it.

Nah, you should never pair two tsunderes. It's like crossing the streams.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Joddascus posted:

She would certainly put Madoromi's feet back to earth, given how sharp she is... But for Madoromi, I think she needs to start by having friends in school at the very least before thinking of love, just like Misumi.

Ah .. Misumi's friends were great too.

last edited at Jun 2, 2022 5:59PM

Lilification
Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

I feel like the ending might've been a little weak, and I'm sad to see it go, but I'm also glad to have gone through the whole thing. Even the extremely embarrassing part where she introduced herself to Misumi's parents.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

I mean, NicoMaki has two tsunderes and it’s one the most popular ships on the site

last edited at Jun 2, 2022 10:09PM

joined Jun 25, 2021

ah, it's over. well, pretty cute ending.
also dang, I didn't even notice the rings until the comments. that makes it better

Lilisionnach
Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Aww it’s over, thanks for all of your hard work Daphie!!!

joined Jun 3, 2021

Ty Daphie

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

This was a fun ride. Hah, I remember having to step away from this and come back with a different mindset to actually enjoy it. No regrets here. The ending, to no surprise, could offer a bit more. While I can understand writing a slice of life for couples in an interesting way might be an issue, I wouldn't mind seeing how things "settle down" just before "monotony" hits.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

And thus,the yaoi adventure has concluded.

Co-worker is still MVP though.

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

Se acabo.

Nice twist at the end, it seemed just another day in this dumb couple life, then we notice they live together, then the rings, then it clicks.

The last chapter was in the short future, where they got to live together as wives, nice character progression in such a simple step.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Sometimes makes for the best of couples, though.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Heeeeey, what's with the 20-something age jokes making me feel bad for being older than that? My memory and my anime nerd-cred are all just fine, thank you.

Also, when Ai said I don't care if you have a deadline today...
I was kind of expecting that to go elsewhere. Mind in the gutter. I should have known Ai thinks of talking and fangirling as the most intimate thing she can do.

Justmisclick
joined Jan 19, 2022

The ending felt kinda fast but tbh I thought the story was going to end after the parent confession arc but we got a few extra chapters which is a plus. I would’ve liked to see more fluff moments but it’s been a fun read!

Ty for the chapter.

MapleLovesYuri
Okay%20magge
joined Mar 5, 2021

prob the most chaotic duo over lol

To reply you must either login or sign up.