Forum › Please Bully Me, Miss Villainess! discussion

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Yvonne: "I can't admit that I'm in love with Elsa, because I believe that the physical laws of this reality make us being together a literal impossibility, yet I still struggle with letting go of those feelings because I'm human."

Readers: Still think Evie is just "dense."

Y'all. She knows that Elsa likes her, and she realizes that her own feelings are very much in the same vein. But she's so traumatized by the Villainess System (which, as people have pointed out, has included such directives as "push Elsa to her probable death" and, apparently, "stab Elsa with the knife she just gifted you") that she believes it's impossible for them to be together. And if that's true, then allowing herself to be in love with Elsa will only make things so much harder for both of them.

Elsa isn't safe around Evie, the Villainess System could strike at any time. The only ways to avoid it are for Yvonne to stay away from her (she tried that, and Elsa tracked her down), or have Elsa fulfil her story purpose and get together with a real love interest (which, she was literally created to do). Then, Yvonne's story purpose will presumably be fulfilled as well, ending the Villainess System and allowing her to be around Elsa without endangering her. And it's clear that Evie doesn't think "the heroine and the villainess get together" will count for that win condition. (whether she's correct about that assumption is obviously still up in the air, and I'm betting she's not)

I actually really, really like the psychology that's going on in this story, even if it's sometimes subtle. I loved Elsa's pained musing that maybe she should just accept "rejection," and I love that Garth is here to shake up the status quo. I also love how Evie went from "I just need to get away from her," to "I just need to get her together with someone, anyone," to "I need to make sure she gets together with someone good for her," to "I'm going to pick the person literally closest to actually being with me possible, in the hopes that will work." Despite how much she believes their relationship is doomed, she still can't help but want to be closer and closer with Elsa.

I rarely read longer comments in this thread, but boy did I choose right in choosing this one to be it, because it's so on point.

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

Such a mystery innit?

Yo, ur pfp looks so familiar! may I ask what manga?

It's from getting rejected in a dream. It also has a serialized version

joined Mar 25, 2021

Yvonne: "I can't admit that I'm in love with Elsa, because I believe that the physical laws of this reality make us being together a literal impossibility, yet I still struggle with letting go of those feelings because I'm human."

Y'all. She knows that Elsa likes her, and she realizes that her own feelings are very much in the same vein. But she's so traumatized by the Villainess System (which, as people have pointed out, has included such directives as "push Elsa to her probable death" and, apparently, "stab Elsa with the knife she just gifted you") that she believes it's impossible for them to be together. And if that's true, then allowing herself to be in love with Elsa will only make things so much harder for both of them.

Elsa isn't safe around Evie, the Villainess System could strike at any time. The only ways to avoid it are for Yvonne to stay away from her (she tried that, and Elsa tracked her down), or have Elsa fulfil her story purpose and get together with a real love interest (which, she was literally created to do). Then, Yvonne's story purpose will presumably be fulfilled as well, ending the Villainess System and allowing her to be around Elsa without endangering her. And it's clear that Evie doesn't think "the heroine and the villainess get together" will count for that win condition. (whether she's correct about that assumption is obviously still up in the air, and I'm betting she's not)

I actually really, really like the psychology that's going on in this story, even if it's sometimes subtle. I loved Elsa's pained musing that maybe she should just accept "rejection," and I love that Garth is here to shake up the status quo. I also love how Evie went from "I just need to get away from her," to "I just need to get her together with someone, anyone," to "I need to make sure she gets together with someone good for her," to "I'm going to pick the person literally closest to actually being with me possible, in the hopes that will work." Despite how much she believes their relationship is doomed, she still can't help but want to be closer and closer with Elsa.

Maaan with how deep and intense Evie's self conflict is going, I really can't wait to see some spicy drama or angst or something literally adrenaline rushing event despite my past hopes of them not happening. Like Evie running away from Elsa after she confesses but Elsa catches up instead of the usual depression mode and finally affirming their love or something. God just reading these kinds of analysis makes my brain go full on fantasy mode.

SmokedSalmon
C67
joined Aug 19, 2021

Agreed. Besides, the villainess system doesn't punish Yvonne alone. The first time it punished her whole family as well, stripping them of their titles and exiling them. If it does that for disobeying a single time alone, who knows what might happen if she dares to disobey it again.

The whole "mare" thing makes the situation even worse, especially since they don't seem to follow the game original script and are out there trying to seriously hurt or kill Elsa.

If Yvonne stays with Elsa, one of them is bound to be either seriously injured or even killed. If Yvonne is gone, Elsa's negative feelings will be strong enough to get possessed by a mare, setting her up for a painful ending and without Yvonne there to save her.

Homegirl Yvonne is screwed no matter what she does. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

last edited at May 31, 2022 7:38AM

joined Mar 25, 2021

Homegirl Yvonne is screwed no matter what she does. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Unless she has the cahones to risk it and fulfill the role of true love interest herself, and have faith that doing that would make the system go away for good.

BortzObsessed
8abdf478-6a82-44b1-8f02-abaa8c9ba316
joined May 20, 2022

At this point it would’ve been easier to tell Elsa about the villainess system than break both of your hearts with this lie.

joined Aug 6, 2021

Why did she have to be mean :(

Img_5712
joined Jan 3, 2022

At this point it would’ve been easier to tell Elsa about the villainess system than break both of your hearts with this lie.

It could be that she physically can't talk about it, or if she does, the system punishes her for it.
Still painful as hell tho.

last edited at Jun 5, 2022 10:38PM

Userpic-128-white
joined Jul 21, 2015

I feel like with the stuff she's been doing lately the villainess system must be really threatening her. The last time she disobeyed it caused her whole family to get exiled and previously it tried to kill Dorothy, so maybe it threatened Dorothy again?

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

I feel like with the stuff she's been doing lately the villainess system must be really threatening her. The last time she disobeyed it caused her whole family to get exiled and previously it tried to kill Dorothy, so maybe it threatened Dorothy again?

We the viewers also see the villaness tho, so maybe it's either a hard lie or maybe the other side taking over again? All in all, I very much miss the wholesome ark.

I just want them to be cute and cuddle in bed and do minor stuff like the water cup over head.

Or lightharded stuff like with the teacher.

But alas I am not the author, So I guess all I can do is wait

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

I'm surprised by how normal and sane the Garth/Dorothy plan ended up being. Boiled down to Dorothy sitting Yvonne down and going "look, I am in love with you for real. Just want to clear up any misunderstandings."

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Logically yes but Evie is in no emotional state to be doing so right now unfortunately

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I think this was unavoidable as a conflict. Yvonne is traumatized from the villainess system. Who wouldn't be? Especially since she also seems to love Dorothy, knowing that it's unavoidable for her to hurt the person she loves, that's really gotta fuck with her mentally. And there's always a worry that it will escalate.

Miku
joined Feb 27, 2016

This is really an emotional roller coaster. Until we somehow get to deal with the system, she can't be honest with her feelings. She can't even be honest with her about what's going on as the system will punish her whenever she tries to. Seeing Yvonne like this really hurts.

Machi_12696
joined Feb 2, 2020

"Ever since I started bullying you, Elsa, I've always hated you"

"Mmgh"

Lilisionnach
Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Oooh, that wound looks like it was more serious than I thought. It’s no wonder Evie put the pedal down and got Garth quickly. She’s really struggling with being forced to hurt the girl she loves and it has taken a toll on her.

last edited at Jun 6, 2022 1:09AM

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

I hope Elsa turns this around immediately, I don't think my heart can take more angst chapters!

joined Apr 14, 2022

Oh yeah, that's some quality angst. The good stuff. Inject the suffering straight into my veins

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Oooh, that wound looks like it was more serious than I thought. It’s no wonder Evie put the pedal down and got Garth quickly. She’s really struggling with being forced to hurt the girl she loves and it has taken a toll on her.

A cut in the wrist so it seemed, that already was a signal it could be a dangerous one

Anyway i was expecting Evie snapping since the "prevent Elsa from going to the bathroom" order, things just started to escalate to the point Evie cant obey the orders without fcking up her mental with guilty and now she was btw the wall and the sword

Damn im also fcked up cause i loved those eyes of trauma Evie had XD

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Welp, this chapter sure turned around quickly from lighthearted to heartwrenching.

I was just about to comment about Garth being a supersonic man, and then Evie finally snapped. :-( I sure hope Elsa is not so hurt by her words as not to notice that Evie's body language is just screaming in pain there.

last edited at Jun 6, 2022 4:47AM

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

We already know this villain system made her choose to either kill Elsa, or suffer the consequences. So I 100% get it. And she's lashing out, horrified about this. That final shot is genuinely soul crushing, you can tell even saying this is killing her, but she'll do anything she can to try and protect Elsa.

I hope Elsa sees through this. It's evident on Evie's face, and Elsa is a smart cookie.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Tell Elsa what? That she hears voices that tell her to hurt others and she does as they say?

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Remember that time before I even started reading this when some of y'all thought the villainess system was a wingperson? Man, how poorly such comments have aged.

joined Aug 21, 2017

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

joined Mar 25, 2021

We already know this villain system made her choose to either kill Elsa, or suffer the consequences. So I 100% get it. And she's lashing out, horrified about this. That final shot is genuinely soul crushing, you can tell even saying this is killing her, but she'll do anything she can to try and protect Elsa.

I hope Elsa sees through this. It's evident on Evie's face, and Elsa is a smart cookie.

Hopefully she doesn't get blinded by Evie's harsh words, I'd absolutely love an awesome turn like Elsa not being fooled or affected by Evie's attack, saying stuff like she's used to her and she won't be fooled, maybe even force Evie to confess her troubles, I. E the system which would probably make her look like a schizophrenic but I'm sure Elsa would believe her.
But seeing as there's like 40 more chapters I'm pretty sure we're entering an angst arc now.

To reply you must either login or sign up.