Forum › Kami eshi JK to OL fujoshi discussion

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I don't really care either way about Madoromi since it's a secondary character all things considered, but I thought it's pretty clear we're not supposed to feel bad for her :P She was being portrayed as pretty horrible and this chapter has this finally catching up with her, since she's mostly miserable in it. Not quite the Tatsubon's school of thought where she falls down the stairs and gets second degree burns, but she sure got served.

last edited at May 15, 2022 8:17AM

joined May 1, 2015

Madorami should now be able to see what makes Ai chan so special. Even if just a little.

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Damn pretty wild that everyone dislikes Madoromi so much. I'm having a great time seeing her outbursts as she comes to term with the fact that she can't just keep looking at the world in superficial terms of how famous or skilled someone is to determine if they're worth spending time with.

Yeah, I feel the same. I initially hated her so much, because I didn't want her to tear our main couple apart, but eventually, she became a counter-current driving force instead, plus she's going through personal growth (albeit slowly), so all through her lashing outbursts, she's actually even caring for Aizawa by now. I think she's an interesting character.

Ss%20(2022-10-15%20at%2007.19.30)
joined Aug 19, 2021

I don't hate her, but to be honest I found her presence with her bad attitude a bit annoying for a 40 pages chapter.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I don't hate her, but to be honest I found her presence with her bad attitude a bit annoying for a 40 pages chapter.

I mean, one can't really expect her to have less presence in a chapter mostly focused on her growth.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Well Madoromi coming from a rich family that apparently spoiled her rotten explains a lot. Not that it makes her any more sympathizable in my opinion. At least she finally seems to be within sight of the path to not being such a trash person.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Madoromi isn't a very likable or complex character, but I can empathize (if not sympathize) with her in this chapter. Crashing headlong into your own limits after having enjoyed both talent and privilege from birth hurts like hell, and that pain is quite relatable. It's in no way an excuse for treating others the way she does, but realizing that her way of sorting people into boxes based on some arbitrary numbers is a shitty way to treat them is the first step to her becoming a better person. Eventually. Not in this manga, though, probably.

last edited at May 15, 2022 1:58PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Not in this manga, though, probably.

I don't think we would have seen her start on this journey here if the author didn't plan on also showing her arrive at the end.

Png-clipart-mega-man-x-mega-man-zero-2-mega-man-zero-collection-mega-man-bass-others-miscellaneous-video-game
joined Dec 18, 2021

I don't believe there's any cause for people to dislike Madoromi so much. I think she's a great character.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

I don't believe there's any cause for people to dislike Madoromi so much. I think she's a great character.

She can be both a great character and also an unlikable character imo. She is great and well written, she's also super irritating and unlikable. bc she's supposed to be, i think

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Giftnova posted:

She can be both a great character and also an unlikable character imo. She is great and well written, she's also super irritating and unlikable. bc she's supposed to be, i think

It's like Snape in the Harry Potter franchise. A great character but a really trash person. There's almost nothing to like about him as a person but he has some decent moments, even if many of those moments involve him being an unrepentant asshat.

kingkhalil001
Hikamaru%20(1)
joined Feb 5, 2020

When was sensei introduced? I don't remember her like at all

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

She is Aizawa's first (or at least the oldest we are presented) god artist she fell in love with, back in her days. I don't remember in which exact chapter, but we're shown how sad she was when Camuno-san disappeared from social media without a trace.

KokoKagamihara
Download20210305131100
joined Mar 10, 2020

As always thank you for the hard work Daphie.
As for my thoughts on Madoromi I was finding it really hard to like this chapter and I definitely feel it ruined the vibe of the date. Bless Ai for continuing to live up to her name though. Also Ai at the begging of this series would have responded with doubt and a depression spiral, so glad to she she’s subtly more confident in herself and relationship with Misumi.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Thanks for the Update Daphie! aahhh what a bliss to see them happy... And there's nothing Madoromi can do to stop it xD lo/ I was going to comment right away but I wanted to measure everyone's else impression of this character first, I knew it wasn't gonna be positive of course and you're all right, we know she has a nasty personality but this time around is like she couldn't take it anymore and the jealousy twisted her personality even worse.

When she was insulting Ai but she got ignored and Misumi and Ai went hand in hand into the attraction, that was gold! because for too long she has been getting away with being a jerk and that's the worse part, sure she can be as nasty and egocentric as she want but why the others have to just accept it? only this time around Misumi is reacting but not so much, just some "Hey!"

I would've doubled down, I would've wrote this chapter differently with Misumi getting actually mad with Madoromi for insulting over and over her girlfriend, to stop her once and for all ... And maybe then we could've avoided the scene in the bath that was creepy and desperate, and now we know that she's just used to get everything she wanted from her parents.

ON TOP OF ALL THAT she outed Misumi to the teacher!! MISUMI'S TEACHER! that's too many red flags

joined Feb 18, 2015

She is Aizawa's first (or at least the oldest we are presented) god artist she fell in love with, back in her days. I don't remember in which exact chapter, but we're shown how sad she was when Camuno-san disappeared from social media without a trace.

She also seriously tried to discourage Misumi from pursuing a career as a mangaka because of her own issues.

As for Madoromi, I think this chapter made her even MORE unlikable. Finding out that her biggest issue is that she's always been a spoiled rich girl that always had everything she wanted handed to her and was always gifted as an artist and THAT'S the main reason why she can't deal with the fact that the person she developed one-sided feelings for before they ever met in person is in love with someone else just makes her an entitles rich brat. Then add to that an attempt to force herself on Misumi in the bath while Misumi's girlfriend was sleeping in the next room and you get an entitled rich perverted brat that has way too much trouble taking NO for an answer! And that doesn't even get into the whole "classist" attitude about the difference between creators and consumers of art!

Of course, it really doesn't help that Ai herself believes she isn't good enough because she's a no-good, dirty otaku that will never be worthy of being with a godly artist like her girlfriend. That's probably the biggest hurdle that needs to be leapt in the story.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

She also seriously tried to discourage Misumi from pursuing a career as a mangaka because of her own issues.

To be fair, it was out of genuine concern and she pretty much stopped immediately after seeing Misumi's resolve.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Jesus. Can Madoromi just gtfo from this manga?! Previous chapters were so much better when she wasn't present...
Usually I hate such bitchy characters but there are some exceptions where I like them. For example: Red Fox from Xian Chan.

Except Bunsy has legitimate reasons for trying to keep Roundy away; demons and humans don’t get along. But she still sympathized with her and protected her from harm. Vastly different.

I think my biggest complaint is that it doesn’t seem like anyone ever calls her out on how she treats Ai, especially Misumi. I mean, the vast majority of the verbal abuse happened right in front of her.

Herosandroiii
joined Jan 16, 2020

Jesus. Can Madoromi just gtfo from this manga?! Previous chapters were so much better when she wasn't present...
Usually I hate such bitchy characters but there are some exceptions where I like them. For example: Red Fox from Xian Chan.

Except Bunsy has legitimate reasons for trying to keep Roundy away; demons and humans don’t get along. But she still sympathized with her and protected her from harm. Vastly different.

I think my biggest complaint is that it doesn’t seem like anyone ever calls her out on how she treats Ai, especially Misumi. I mean, the vast majority of the verbal abuse happened right in front of her.

Red fox also tries to keep her away and is mean to her because she's jealous, that Xian pays more attention to Shiqing. They both love her, but she knows, that Xian doesn't like her in that way : P I still love Red Fox's and Shiqing relation and their funny interactions. I think right now, they're like friendly rivals.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

https://twitter.com/sasasatotototo/status/1530030570918772737

Aw shit, is Sato announcing the final chapter is coming?

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Yes I also saw the tweet and will be making the final chapter really soon! I called it, sadly.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Well it was a really really reeaaaaaally great manga so I can't complain, it also managed to tell the story it wanted without rushing anything... plus who knows, maybe an epilogue or extra chapter might show up with the last volume or twitter shorts

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Honestly, chapter 24 felt like it could have been a fine end for the series, so I'm happy that we got to have a few more past it.

KokoKagamihara
Download20210305131100
joined Mar 10, 2020

I was really hoping we’d get more of them dating, but I’m really satisfied with how this all went, chapter 26 being the exception.

Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

I want to say thank you so much to princess_daphie for translating this wonderful series! While I'm sad that we won't get to see more of Ai and Misumi being adorable together, it's soooo satisfying to see them walk off, hand-in-hand, still doing what they love- geeking out about manga together. <3

To reply you must either login or sign up.