Forum › Uso to Kiss wa Houkago ni discussion

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

what the heck

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Momoka was all kind of crazy. I don't know why some people think Rin was the one in the wrong here. Nor do I care to find out, to be honest. Suffice to say I totally disagree. Momoka was the one dating dudes in a misguided attempt to get Rin's attention, then getting pissed when Rin thought she was disgusting. Of course Rin would think that, considering what happened with her mom and all. What was Momoka even thinking? Then when they actually get together, Momoka is pushy and jealous, and isn't satisfied unless she gets all of Rin's attention. All the while Rin's just trying to sort out her feelings, because you know, the thing with her mom still weights on her.

Kinda funny that now that Rin caved in and decided to dedicate all her attention to Momoka, the latter is like "are you sure about that, aren't you gonna lose your friends??" Dude, this is what you wanted all along. Why are you acting as you have nothing to do with it?

joined Sep 1, 2017

Almost every time a manga like this comes out, I just find it funny reading the comments because I dont understand why people take it so seriously. Honestly, I find the story so far interesting and I just really like the drama and characters. Cant wait for the next chapter!

Would be you able to share what other manga is like this?

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Rin finally has the backbone to get over that abandonment issue when her mother left, unlike her dad who probably would gotten over. She finally trust herself enough to trust others, mot importantly Momoka. Granted there is some toxicity at the end (possessiveness and jealousy for example), but those are good toxicity, with the aim to bypass the problem she has so that she can finally completely devote herself to Momoka.

As far Momoka, she finally can trust Rin not just because of the house date, but rather earlier, when Rin completely ignored her social circle and popularity to be with her. The house date is actually the first sign that the relationship has changed.
The manga with the closest plot will be Netsuzou Trap.

last edited at Apr 15, 2022 12:49AM

Screenshot_1644496801
joined May 20, 2018

Almost every time a manga like this comes out, I just find it funny reading the comments because I dont understand why people take it so seriously.

I think making people debated is naturally the intention this kind of manga want to make though. I mean, a dramatic manga would be a failure if no one want to take it seriously or argue about it lol. I like this manga too, I like manga when the author decided to make thing go against what readers want to read, what readers think the characters should do. Even it’s stupid or just for attention.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

That's a bit concerning.

Genshin.impact.600.3396601
joined Jul 20, 2016

I think making people debated is naturally the intention this kind of manga want to make though. I mean, a dramatic manga would be a failure if no one want to take it seriously or argue about it lol. I like this manga too, I like manga when the author decided to make thing go against what readers want to read, what readers think the characters should do. Even it’s stupid or just for attention.

I guess I understand, it is fun discussing it and seeing peoples opinions, but I just find it interesting seeing people take this way too seriously lol

0ee2c60a-7956-404b-9118-b3d2a41bdeae
joined Dec 7, 2020

Bruh. I thought this chapter would segway into a new unheathily possessive arc but nope. Finished. It was somewhat of an interesting ride at least.

joined Sep 22, 2021

kitakawa flashback

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, that sure was a swerve at the last moment. Would a happy ending without that worrying thought really have been too much?

ArtemisOnVtubers
joined Dec 16, 2021

With third base confirmed that is already safe

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I was three chapters behind and I’m very glad I saved them up. Hm. After chapter 11 I was thinking this is a pretty standard yuri story, the type we’d see constantly back in 2012-2013. There’s only three notable characters. There’s very little plot outside the romance. It’s all character-driven will-they, won’t-they stuff that predictably ends happily. I was super bummed about this! And then chapter 12 happened.

I can’t say it’s what I expected, but it’s probably the most interesting closing I’ve seen attempted in ages. Rin being the true villain all along made a lot of sense to me. The characterization and imagery was really interesting. I wish there was more of it, or there were other takes on this drama-fueled “I want to possess someone” / “please possess me” narrative that I knew of.

Unfortunately I also can’t say it really had the proper grounding to get there. Both the confession and the final swerve felt…a little hollow. I never really understood Rin’s feelings, and her stated motivation wasn’t convincing enough. Maybe the manga needed to show her pain more often? Like it did with Momoka. Another volume or so of either pre- or post-confession development could’ve done wonders.

BUT I still really enjoyed it. Third girl is a pretty refreshing character and her relationship with Momoka was super adorbs. I rather wished they’d end up together and Rin would take her advice - there’s no shame in saying no. This ending is fine enough though, since Momoka got what she wanted. More than she wanted, maybe. Good for her.

I usually try to be coherent but it ain’t happening so that’s all I got

Oh! And thanks a lot Butterfly Scans, good stuff.

last edited at Apr 16, 2022 1:33PM

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Y'know I wish sexuality was listed under people's profile names on this site. I truly think there's a lot of straight men reading these stories that get dismissive, saying "toxic this, toxic that, she's not convincingly genuine, just move on to someone else." Basically lots of people commenting who truly do not understand the angst of actually being lesbian or LGBTQIA+.

Like I still like reading comments regardless of sexuality or gender, but it would just help me frame it to a general life experience context. Which would help me get the right meaning more I think.

For example, being raised as a woman, and being told your worth is your physical appearance and nothing more, can lend a lot to interpreting a story as well. Not that that has anything to do with this story since both women are cute and sociable enough, but it's a perspective that perhaps is not understood as much if you're not female identifying.

Anyway, there's a lot unsaid in this manga, but there's so much meaning when you've been through this vague, unsaid, muddy feelings shit yourself.

Beyond this point, I'm basically talking to myself to collect my thoughts, so feel free to stop reading.

As a lesbian woman, (who doesn't know how to articulate her feelings clearly and coherently anymore because they're constantly invalidated, so why retain the ability to explain it when 95% of people around me don't get it) I can say...that both sides probably don't have the best mental health, but the fact of the matter remains that there's that special feeling. Like Momoka said, "why did I have to fall in love with you?" No matter the context, that is all you need to make trying worth it. So I gotta try in my real life, and hope I get the kindness of "stop trying" like Tachibana said.

Also it's just really nice to see someone else get frustrated how one-sided efforts to be with the other person can get. Thanks for validating that for me Momoka.

Good manga overall. Thanks for translating it.

last edited at Apr 18, 2022 5:59AM

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

..............and we didn't see them having seggs :(

DISAPPOINTING

Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

Real glad this showed up as featured. Positively delicious. Well worth the read.

DivineAlexandra
Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

This was pretty nice actually. The art seems a bit inconsistent in some places, but I kinda like the mature look they're given (maybe a bit too mature for HSers even?)

Feel like there's no obvious villain here, there's just two girls who both have their issues to deal with. I think the romance between them was the right choice, but they definitely have a lot to work on, so the ending and how abrupt it was felt a bit off to me. And the apparent resolution that Rin's now completely diverted her attention to Momoka and essentially reversed the role of being the possessive, I think it's a bit unsatisfying.

After Rin walked past her friends and clung onto Momoka all day, I thought to myself that I hope she doesn't just abandon the friend she had, but I guess that's exactly what she does in the end.
On top of that, her convincing herself that Momoka will eventually leave her if she doesn't give her enough attention seems to me to go directly against everything that happened before this confession. I mean, Momoka literally said a day before that she was with others only to make Rin notice her (even if, as others have stated, that statement doesn't make sense), but Rin just completely ignores that? It makes me wonder what the point even was to spill it out like that.

I don't mean to say that I would've wanted a somewhat more "clichéd" happy ending, because I don't, but I think if the author really wanted to go down the "yandere Rin" route, they should've given the resolution a bit more cook time (I'm not sure it was ended by author choice or something else). Otherwise, an ending where Rin is still not entirely sure but they're both still willing to give it a go would in my eyes be a more fitting ending without adding additional chapters, where they obviously still have issues to iron out but at least are starting to be more open towards each other. Being on the right path, basically.

Still a nice a read though.

Smol%20dankkonata
joined Oct 10, 2018

I agree with the comment above, that ending with Rin going down the "crazy" path was a bit sudden but otherwise I kinda enjoyed watching these two mentally ill girls kinda sorta figure things out and get together.

Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

I don't think Rin's personality reveal was all that sudden, honestly. We're given breadcrumbs of it throughout the story, that thanks to her abandonment issues she's got deeper problems. It was just never completely put up front until the very end, where the rest of the mask slips off. And that was good shit.

joined Jun 13, 2020

So my take from all this. Rin was being a brat and Momoka was being self destructive. Teenagers are just so dramatic! Seems like they'll be fine though. The important part is that they're properly communicating now, so I don't even think the ending with Rin was all that alarming.

Though, I guess I'm more lenient reading stories with teenage characters. If this story took place in college of adult years, I'd be a bit more worried.

At the end, I was most interested in how Rin's father is doing.

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

ngl, reading this kinda ruined my day. This is basically one of those unpleasant oneshots about people hurting each other for dumb reasons, only as a series. Feelsbadman.

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

I adore the undercurrent of cynicism here. Just two flawed people falling in love. It’s only a matter of time until their next spat, but does that really matter? People choose to be together for all sorts of reasons.

To reply you must either login or sign up.