Forum › Uso to Kiss wa Houkago ni discussion

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Dunno if the tags really do the story justice, but I'm also not really sure what's missing...it's kinda interesting anyway, not really sure where it's headed. Thanks a lot to Butterfly Scans for allowing us to re-host this! Your work is much appreciated.

last edited at Nov 19, 2021 9:34PM

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

an interesting story for sure but I'm gonna be honest I do not like Momoka one bit right now. Her entire reasoning for why she's playing around with other people is because she feels like Rin is the one who left her behind when that is just straight up untrue like girl, you're the one constantly playing around with other people despite knowing that Rin hates that. You're the one who left her behind and I somehow have to believe that you're the one who's hurt here like c'mon.

I do still want to see the rest of this story but god if Momoka is not going to be confronted about her actions I'm going to be sorely disappointed.

last edited at Nov 19, 2021 9:49PM

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Uwawawaqaa

IceCreamFortress
Utena%20smug
joined Sep 11, 2016

Jesus fuck I don't like Momoka at all. Fuck her issues.

I love how the artist draws the female body.

last edited at Nov 19, 2021 10:59PM

Glsp3y3v_400x400
joined Nov 19, 2020

Hmm, this is messy...

Nice.

Dont%20ruin%20your%20life%20stardom
joined Apr 21, 2020

This seems very similar to Netsuzou Trap. I'm interested in seeing where it diverges, or if it does at all. I feel for Momoka, aware that just asking for what she wants outright doesn't mean she'll get it, and her anxious need for someone to rely solely on her that was fed by the shy, unsociable person Rin used to be. It's interesting that it developed in her when Rin was the one who was left by her mother, so I wonder what Momoka's past was like. All the kissing scenes where Rin isn't sure whether she should do it or not are so exciting, and even better when she gives into her desire to keep Momoka close to her, urging her on rather than conceding. Someday Momoka is going to grow up and realize that forever love she's chasing won't be found in any person, no matter how well she picks them, but facing that is harder than continuing to search.

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Can Rin stop being so pathetic already? Why these artists are obsessed with doorknob characters without an ounce of self-steem who crawl back to those who willingly hurt them? It's such cheap drama. I would love to see once, JUST ONCE, a story that ends with the wronged party just saying "fuck it" and just leaving. Some relationships are not worth fighting for.

last edited at Nov 20, 2021 1:01AM

Dont%20ruin%20your%20life%20stardom
joined Apr 21, 2020

Can Rin stop being so pathetic already? Why these artists are obsessed with doorknob characters without an ounce of self-steem who crawl back to those who willingly hurt them? It's such cheap drama. I would love to see once, JUST ONCE, a story that ends with the wronged party just saying "fuck it" and just leaving. Some relationships are not worth fighting for.

This exists, it's a yuri called Behind the Curtain and can be read on Webtoon.

It's explained that Rin has trouble getting close to people, and has never had a close friend besides Momoka, who initiated everything. She can't bring herself to choose to pursue someone even platonically. That was her one good friendship, and there isn't an indication yet that reconciliation is completely hopeless. This is a person with low self-esteem after the traumatizing event of losing her mother and the general public having the gall to talk badly about her for it. It obviously is an incredibly poor choice to go after someone that is expressing themself so immaturely, but she doesn't want to lose someone else and maybe even she doesn't expect good treatment in the first place. Rin is a teenager who's barely begun to work out her issues and isn't going to behave like an adult who's been through therapy.

joined Oct 21, 2020

This sucks lol

joined Dec 18, 2020

Yeah I don't see them getting into any kind of healthy relationship. I hope Rin can learn from it and just move on, but it won't happen unfortunately, it looks like we're in for the angst ride. I'll skip this one. Thanks for the translation.

joined Jun 9, 2021

Anyone got spoilers of how it ends or has it ended? I wanna see if this is worth sticking around for. Probably not but.....

Untitled
joined Aug 17, 2020

Toxic relationships like this one is intoxicating for me, I dig in on how it will go, if ever Rin can be honest with her feelings or will Momoka just let go of her. It's a ride of emotions, I don't dislike the drama

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

You do realize that the story isn’t even simply about Rin being spineless, but that she’s pretty much become subconsciously distant to relationships due to what happened with her mom and that she’s basically kept most people at a distance herself. They’ve already begun to explain that part of the underlying issue is Rin and the fact leaving and keeping things at bay is pretty much what she resorts to because she’s unable to confront and talk about any real issue without the other person confronting her about it first or actually pay attention to anything else other than her own issues that even her own dad called her out on it. Momoka’s a bitch, but Rin isn’t blameless either.

Wallpaper_2~2
joined Jul 4, 2021

What a pleasant discovery , subrscired , thanks to the group who brought this to the site.

I'm intriguied by the story as much by the the choice of the author on drawing female body , the legs in particular proportioned to the body , it seems a realistic but odd at the same time , also this happens to the male character/s especially forearms being bulky ( seems everybody lift in this city ).

Looking forward to new chapters.

Fishy
joined Oct 19, 2020

Man, I dislike both of them quite a lot. Rin's indecisiveness and her shell are kinda annoying and would be a handful to deal with, but Momoka should have been aware of that before she started her little game. Her attitude towards Momka after the fight is kinda impossible to gloss over since she obviously takes their relationship for granted.

But Momoka is on another level. She should know that if she wants to build an actual relationship with Rin, it needs to be slow and steady. Instead, she tries to push the physical aspect, almost completely ignoring the need for trust and emotional closeness to be there for it to work. Thus she creates a superficial relationship with her own hands and then gets pissed when the other party calls it superficial. Following, she immediately jumps ship and intentionally does the most hurtful thing she can, expecting... not sure what exactly?

Character likability is like 4/10 for Rin and 1/10 for Momoka in my book.

Still curious where it will end up though, so waiting for new chapters.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Eh, they're not that bad. Momoka clearly fell for Rin early on and eventually chose to seek love elsewhere, either believing it would be impossible with Rin or just not wanting to risk losing her altogether should the confession go wrong. A rather common trope, but in this case it caused an even wider rift between them due to Rin's past bad experience with her mother. She took the chance when confronted by Rin again, but Rin's rejection at the hotel shook her again, telling her it may have been impossible after all.

And on the other hand we have Rin. Entirely lost in this, not at all knowing how to handle this relationship. Not for a moment thinking that Momoka could actually be serious about it, especially after how she described her previous relationships. Even less realizing, not before Momoka leaves her again and she starts to imagine her with others, that she herself also wants Momoka for herself.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

When you want to wring both characters necks the manga

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

This is so painful to read lol

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

So here I'm guessing what's their past was like

They both come to love each other in the middle school, but Rin was oblivious to her own feelings, and to test her out Momoka went on a date with a guy, but Rin totally thought Momoka left her behind. It's unfair since Momoka didn't let her get close to others, so wtf?!

And they had a fight.

Rin says something like "Your're just like my mother" and it hurts Momoka really deep. So she really becomes like that to provoke Rin, and at least get some glaring not just total ignore.

After time Momoka comes up with a lie about a message from her mom and asks Rin directly why ignoring. The answer is basically stop flirting with guys. So Momoka confronts her with be my guy.

And we go from here to point #1 the love is mutual. I can't see any reasons why else would Rin agree.

Also Momoka doesn't want some love - she wants Rin. She's sure she can only look at her and her alone.

Though here I think this love might be out of jelousy that her mom kinda prefers Rin. Mom's happy when Rin is around = shoud get Rin)) Have sex with her and make her dirty with thoughts like "if only mom could see what I do with her good little other daughter Rin". Daaamn I just see it sooo clearly))

What an interesting manga, I love it. I think they are both right, and they are both wrong. And that's so humanlike. Rin is dense, and Momoka's starving. Cheating is going overboard, but that's what hunger might do, I guess.

last edited at Nov 20, 2021 8:37PM

Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

Love this manga!
I really like the main characters. Really feels like their actions make sense given what we know of them!

Sans%20titre-1
joined Dec 19, 2020

edgy yuri mangas in my veins

Entxsd8uuayd9sm0-
joined Mar 26, 2018

i likeee this story a lottt already

joined Jun 23, 2018

Hmm, nyess. Need me more of this kinda manga...

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

I can understand their actions and thought process but I do not think they are good for each other at all

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

i seriously hate momoka, super toxic energy
her not talking to rin is rin dodging a bullet

To reply you must either login or sign up.