joined Aug 18, 2015

Maya02 posted:

They're BFFs, what happens next?

A timeskip, what else?

And they were roommates!

Oh my god, they were roommates...

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

I love these two so much. They’re being so good to each other and themselves as they grow. This manga is the best.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Little bambi is suddenly top
Me: "A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one!"

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

They are both quite mature and their dynamic is really cool and relaxed

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Just to show you how important going to University is. Matoi matured so quick that she is still in her first year (or has finished the first year)
it i pretty good so far. Which magazine is carrying the serialization.?

last edited at Apr 18, 2022 11:11PM

joined May 18, 2021

Thanks for all the hard work! I really love this manga and I'm really glad y'all brought it to my attention (honestly i feel that way about ALL your projects)

Bildschirmfoto_2018-08-23_um_21.02.14
joined Jun 13, 2012

I really love the dynamic between the characters in this one. Each one knows exactly what they want and they also respect and appreciate each others boundaries. The way Matoi is taking care to not burden Yuriko is just so sweet. I really love those two!! I think we often forget that they are also other relationships we can have than just friendship and romantic relations. Just being connected to a very deep level without having to be sexually attracted to each other is also a very beautiful thing and this manga portraits it very nicely!

DivineAlexandra
Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

Even with very little going on, plot-wise, I really like these chapters where they just hang out. It's nice and wholesome, and it's clear how much they care for each other.

I think we often forget that they are also other relationships we can have than just friendship and romantic relations. Just being connected to a very deep level without having to be sexually attracted to each other is also a very beautiful thing and this manga portraits it very nicely!

Yep, pretty much exactly my thoughts

last edited at Apr 21, 2022 6:22AM

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

Just to show you how important going to University is. Matoi matured so quick that she is still in her first year (or has finished the first year)
it i pretty good so far. Which magazine is carrying the serialization.?

Matoi matured quick not because she went to University, she matured quick because she had to live alone and got to meet a wide variety of new people, while having to think about her future. I've met plenty of people who started and finished higher education with the same teenager-without-concerns mentality.

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

They soon going to cross the line, lol

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

They soon going to cross the line, lol

matoi better use the turn signal before she leaves the lane then sheesh

last edited at Apr 21, 2022 2:55PM

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

I think we often forget that they are also other relationships we can have than just friendship and romantic relations. Just being connected to a very deep level without having to be sexually attracted to each other is also a very beautiful thing and this manga portraits it very nicely!

Like what? We have:
Parental
Fraternal
Romantic
Friendship and its derivates which funnily includes sexual relationships too

And honestly i cant even call their relation the typical "more than friends and less than lovers"

At this point theyre just BFF and with the way Yuriko is currently i dont see a future where theyre more than that xd

joined Mar 16, 2013

Like what? We have:
Parental
Fraternal
Romantic

And honestly i cant even call their relation the typical "more than friends and less than lovers"

At this point theyre just BFF and with the way Yuriko is currently i dont see a future where theyre more than that xd

Asexuals and/or aromantic people sometimes get into whats called a queer platonic relationship, or qtp for short. It's somewhat between a friendship and a romantic relationship where sex or kissing doesn't neccisarliy have to happen, though It varies from individual to individual.

Pretty sure this is where the story is leaning towards.

joined Dec 28, 2016

After all this I think I'm going to avoid any of these "ace"-like stories. They're just incredibly bland and empty of any real emotion. Feels like I'm watching two robots.

last edited at Apr 23, 2022 3:58AM

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

wat

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

I'm really liking this, it's a lot more subdued than the average "romance" but I'm liking it a lot especially because of the quieter moments

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

... okay so is Matoi remixing voices and stuff the whole reason this has "voice" in the title? Lilies are obvious, now to decipher what the hell is "wear wind"

last edited at Apr 23, 2022 8:06PM

Untitled-1
joined Feb 6, 2017

... okay so is Matoi remixing voices and stuff the whole reason this has "voice" in the title? Lilies are obvious, now to decipher what the hell is "wear wind"

I think it makes more sense to combine all the nouns. "Wearing Wind, Voices, and Lilies". Or maybe "Clad in Wind, Voices, and Lilies" for the old fashioned coolness points.

2here3there
joined Mar 19, 2022

I think the "wear wind" is referencing riding the motorcycle.

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Like what? We have:
Parental
Fraternal
Romantic

Asexuals and/or aromantic people sometimes get into whats called a queer platonic relationship, or qtp for short. It's somewhat between a friendship and a romantic relationship where sex or kissing doesn't neccisarliy have to happen, though It varies from individual to individual.

That... Sounds like BF to me... Call me stubborn or something along the lines but im putting my brain to work to find the place where that qpr could exist while being different and a more than a BF relationship and less than a romantic relationship and i cant find it, else the deciding factor could be the sexual aspect but... I still dont understand how that works and im reaaaallly trying

last edited at Apr 24, 2022 4:37AM

joined Sep 16, 2019

Did she make an utauloid

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

That... Sounds like BF to me... Call me stubborn or something along the lines but im putting my brain to work to find the place where that qpr could exist while being different and a more than a BF relationship and less than a romantic relationship and i cant find it, else the deciding factor could be the sexual aspect but... I still dont understand how that works and im reaaaallly trying

(TL;DR for the below, it's a term that exists because it can be used to describe relationships that don't usually get given much of society's brain-space.)

This is basically the way I expect most people to react to the idea so don't worry about it too much if it just doesn't ever make sense. It might just be something that's impossible to grasp if it's not something you intuitively understand.

I can't guarantee I'll do a good job explaining, but I'll do my best. I'm kind of a baby ace, I was only able to put a name to the feeling in the last year or two, so I'm probably not qualified to speak for ace or aro people in general. But asexuality can be very different for different people anyways so you probably shouldn't take any one person's word as gospel regardless of who they are.

First, think of "queer-platonic relationship" as more of a catch-all term. It exists more or less because there's no easy word to describe the idea right now. So, you know, you just make one up, right?

At its core, it just refers to any relationship that defies societal norms for "friendship" and "romance". Often this means that it lies somewhere between the two.

In other words, "friendship" is often seen as shallower than a romantic relationship, right? And it's where the majority of your relationships hit their cap. And then romantic relationships are usually seen as a sort of "highest possible level", and also thought to be pretty much inseparable from the element of sexual attraction.
So, people start as friends, then you might find yourself having increasing affections, and then that builds towards a romantic relationship. That's the assumption.

Now, in a way a QPR actually is like "best friends". It refers to a deeper connection than what people normally expect of friends. Say you go out for a night on the town with your friends, then go your separate ways at the end. You might stick around after the other people leave to hang out with that friend you're closest to for a little bit longer, right?

And then, you go your separate ways with that friend.

But what about if you don't go your separate ways then? What if you walk them home to chat a bit more on the way, because their house isn't too far from yours, even though it's in the opposite direction? What does that make the two of you? Good friends? Best friends? Something more?

What if you walk them home, but not just to chat. What if it's because you want to make sure they get home safe? Not because you're head over heels in love with them, but because you care about them deeply, and you wouldn't want them to get hurt? Is that something deeper than walking them home because you wanted to chat a bit more? If so, what does that make you? Best friends? Best-est friends? The BEST of best friends?... Or is that a sign of romantic attraction?

What if you walk them home, then give them a hug before you go? Was that a friendly hug? A romantic embrace?

And what if you walk them home... because it's your home as well? What does living with them mean if you want to do it simply because you enjoy living with them? What does it mean if you kiss on the cheek? What does it mean if you hold hands while you walk?

You see what I'm doing here? Things get more personal, you become more emotionally-invested... but where is the line that determines when a friend that you love as a friend becomes a friend you want as your lover? There isn't really any way to refer to the space between "best friends" and "lovers". But what if your relationship, instead of maxing out at one or the other, maxes out somewhere in that space between?

Well, you can just call that a queer-platonic relationship if you want to. It's your choice.

That's the crux of it. It exists to describe something that had no real way to describe before, because it wasn't seen as either significant enough or common enough to be given a word of its own.

There was a manga linked earlier in the thread that was essentially just a depiction of a qpr. It was called Marriage as Friends. I thought it was pretty good, just don't take it as the only way a qpr can manifest itself.

So in summary:
- Catch-all term
- It's weird as hell to anyone who doesn't understand why anyone would want it.
- But that's fine. No big deal.
- Happy just living with someone and being around them? That means you're in love!... or does it?
- "And they were roommates!"
- "No, really, they're just roommates. They are very close though."
- Again, catch-all term. You use it to describe something that normally doesn't have a word to describe it. Which is probably why it's so difficult to understand, I guess.

I hope I didn't go on too long and that it made some sort of sense.

(also, AVEN wiki article for qpr's. I like the section on zucchini the most.)

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

Anxious....

To reply you must either login or sign up.