Forum › Lilies, Voice, Wear Wind discussion

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Bah! Every time someone says "labor shortage," I hear "not willing to offer enough pay." We need more works for the Communism tag.

This whole "AI is gonna take our jobs, it's the end of times" discourse reminds me too much of stories about the industrial revolution, when people would break into factories and smash machines.

Is AI gonna take our jobs? Then let it. We already produce enough wealth that we could pay each individual a basic income and let people choose whether or not to work.

Unless, of course, the ultra-rich aren't willing to pay taxes to fund a basic income, in which case everyone with a 9-to-5 job is going to starve.

Isn't society wonderful?

last edited at Apr 3, 2022 7:46AM

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

vore?

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Bah! Every time someone says "labor shortage," I hear "not willing to offer enough pay." We need more works for the Communism tag.

This whole "AI is gonna take our jobs, it's the end of times" discourse reminds me too much of stories about the industrial revolution, when people would break into factories and smash machines.

The whole AI taking jobs thing is a bit of a fantasy, it would be better to conceive of it like the introduction of automation into manufacturing in the 60s and 70s and then again of automation into the office in the 80s and 90s. The surprise Silicon Valley "embrace the AI because certain already low wage jobs will be unaffected" pitch here obscures the reality that it and automation will continue to turn high skilled jobs into low skill jobs that can produce more with less people at lower pay via outsourced contracts. Or at least, that's what I try to convey to my tech enthusiast coworkers.

That being said, pretty cool speaker to present at a trade school, and it was a good take for his audience. The themes seem kind of out of nowhere for the story, but now I want to be a pro narrator

last edited at Apr 3, 2022 12:09PM

Fb_img_1519001452689
joined Feb 14, 2018

don't you love it when the character flips out so bad the art style changes?

Dynasty
joined Mar 17, 2022

That was a neat little side-story to the to the other characters. I like that the manga takes the time to do this sort of thing.

joined Jan 14, 2020

I'm pretty relaxed about age gaps, but imouto is in middle school, so 14. He's a "working adult", I'd guess at least 24. Whee!

Act
joined Jun 9, 2018

bruh, this age-gap is gonna make me puke. what the hell

last edited at Apr 5, 2022 10:03PM

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

I'm pretty relaxed about age gaps, but imouto is in middle school, so 14. He's a "working adult", I'd guess at least 24. Whee!

motherfucker

I didn't realize it was that bad

please say sike, miss author

けやき坂46
Original
joined Jan 30, 2019

Our two MCs are more normal/comfortable for me to watch than all the side characters for some reason. Might be because I like their calmness when it comes to romance, unlike the rest who seem too loud. I relate to that lack of excitement a bit.

joined Nov 21, 2018

I think imouto has been established as having rather loose morals when it comes to chasing after guys.

joined Dec 17, 2021

Don't care for the little sister's romances but I do appreciate she knows they guys she likes. Still, I'm convinced she's going to start dating that annoying guy from Yuriko's work.

I enjoying seeing Matoi's perspective about her feelings for Yuriko and how it's different from the people around her. I'm all for girls getting into relationships with each other at the drop of a hat, but this slow pace is nice.

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Hey, i pride myself in being an honest man!

Huh i can relate, maybe he isnt that bad after all

In other news, the sis sure is a wild one... To say least

Shoujo%20kageki%20revue%20starlight%20-%2009%20-%20large%2035
joined Apr 22, 2017

lol, I love how Rio simping over a Takarazuka Revue actress. Such an influential troupe for gei woman and yuri XD

joined Feb 17, 2022

It's weird that she's with a guy that much older.

I think imouto has been established as having rather loose morals when it comes to chasing after guys.

I don't think this relationship speaks to her morals. The responsibility and criticism should be for the working adult going after someone that young. Her having lots of relationships shouldn't factor in to it.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Or girls. She did smooch Yuriko. I'd guess she might have been open to a response.

DaSupremeXtream
Yatsude%202-min
joined Jul 11, 2019

I was thinking the younger sister was maybe only a year or two younger, putting her at 16 or 17. That's still not good but it's also not too different from the MC and Yoriko at the beginning of the series

I don't think this relationship speaks to her morals. The responsibility and criticism should be for the working adult going after someone that young. Her having lots of relationships shouldn't factor in to it.

She didn't smooch her. She just grabbed her hand and tried acting gay to see if she'd evoke a response in order to see if Yoriko was gay and into her sister or not. She was just screwing around, which comes back to the fact that she does have pretty loose morals, regardless of chasing guys or not

last edited at Apr 6, 2022 1:33AM

Act
joined Jun 9, 2018

who cares what her morals are, he's a fucking grown-ass man

joined Jun 3, 2014

Seeing Yuriko just let the 13-14 year old kid date a working adult unprovoked seems so odd to me. Also if the annoying co-worker guy ends up dating the kid I'ma cry, like dude it's gonna be gross with you too. I usually don't mind age-gaps like this but since this series is going for realism this plot point is kinda weird.

joined Jun 11, 2016

Seeing Yuriko just let the 13-14 year old kid date a working adult unprovoked seems so odd to me.

Right? Shouldn't she at least question the morality of it?
Also wow, the coworker guy being the voice of reason is a major low point.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Seeing Yuriko just let the 13-14 year old kid date a working adult unprovoked seems so odd to me.

Right? Shouldn't she at least question the morality of it?
Also wow, the coworker guy being the voice of reason is a major low point.

What are you people even talking about? Who is Yuriko to say anything at all to the sister about what she does about anything?

What’s she supposed to say—“As your older sister’s newish friend who you have met a couple of times before, I feel compelled to object to your relationship on moral grounds and to scold you into mending your ways, (even though I myself know almost nothing about romantic relationships)”?

(Putting aside the fact that, given imouto’s track record, she’ll probably be with the guy for about three more days.)

last edited at Apr 6, 2022 10:54AM

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

I love how everyone here is projectile vomiting over the sister's relationship, but squeal in glee at age gap relationships between women. Yes, I know that different people have different reactions, but I am sure I could find at least a couple of people in this thread who fit what i complained about if I could be arsed.

But hey, this is one of the only slow burn-ish comics I actually enjoy, so good shit.

DaSupremeXtream
Yatsude%202-min
joined Jul 11, 2019

I love how everyone here is projectile vomiting over the sister's relationship, but squeal in glee at age gap relationships between women. Yes, I know that different people have different reactions, but I am sure I could find at least a couple of people in this thread who fit what i complained about if I could be arsed.

But hey, this is one of the only slow burn-ish comics I actually enjoy, so good shit.

Difference is that MC is 18 and Yoriko is 24, so they're legal adults. That said, I think the sister is 16 or 17, not 14, which is still a comparable age gap to the main couple and part of why it's a bit baffling to accept one but not the other

joined Jun 3, 2014

^^^
I said the sister was 13-14 because she's a 2nd year middle school student, it seems very unlikely that she's above 15. Also Yuriko is 22

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

As an age gap, 18-22 is basically nothing. Which is exactly what Yuriko indicates when she says that she’s “made a friend my own age” in Chapter 4.

DaSupremeXtream
Yatsude%202-min
joined Jul 11, 2019

^^^
I said the sister was 13-14 because she's a 2nd year middle school student, it seems very unlikely that she's above 15. Also Yuriko is 22

Huh, was that stated? She doesn't really look like a second year, tbh, and more like a first year high school student

last edited at Apr 6, 2022 4:35PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.