Forum › Lilies, Voice, Wear Wind discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^^^
I said the sister was 13-14 because she's a 2nd year middle school student, it seems very unlikely that she's above 15. Also Yuriko is 22

Huh, was that stated? She doesn't really look like a second year, tbh, and more like a first year high school student

In Chapter 10, Yuriko says of her, “middle schoolers are terrifying” (she might say “these days,” I forget).

In Chapter 1, Matoi and her friends see the sister making out with “a second year” (with a gold pin that indicates that, I guess), suggesting he’s older than her.

The school year has changed since Matoi graduated, so I guess that makes her a second-year middle-schooler.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Ah, my bad, no smooch. But yes, "Middle schoolers these days are terrifying" https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/lilies_voice_wear_wind_ch10#7

けやき坂46
Original
joined Jan 30, 2019

Matoi is at least 18 in the beginning. From what I remember reading, I'm not sure where but it was mentioned that she is 19 now. Yuriko iirc was 22-23. Since they are legal adults, I really wouldn't consider that an age gap (if anything, it's quite normal here at unis for 19-20yos to date 22-23yos). Even more because they seem nearly equal in terms of life experiences. "A friend my age" - Yuriko.

Also a 4-year age gap between a 19yo and a 23yo is not comparable to a 4-year age gap between a 14yo and an 18yo, before anyone asks. Even if there was a considerable age gap between them, unlike the sister and her boyfriends, Matoi and Yuriko's relationship has been incredibly pure/innocent from start till now. While in her sister's case, it looks like the older guys are preying on her and taking advantage.

38480014_1294573784011995_381968514128281600_n
joined Mar 29, 2017

How about a generation gap instead?

DaSupremeXtream
Yatsude%202-min
joined Jul 11, 2019

How about a generation gap instead?

Play the VN OshiRabu: Waifus Over Husbados (which you can get on Steam and get the uncensored patch on mangagamer). That game is about a Millennial OL and a Zoomer Gyaru

Xerine%20and%20xeri
joined Sep 30, 2021

I gotta ask, how close are we to the raws? The scanlation speed has been ridiculous lol, but I know it'll slow down once we're caught up xD

2here3there
joined Mar 19, 2022

I gotta ask, how close are we to the raws?

There are currently 4 volumes out and volume 4 covers chapter 18-23 + extra.

last edited at Apr 8, 2022 6:28PM

DaSupremeXtream
Yatsude%202-min
joined Jul 11, 2019

I gotta ask, how close are we to the raws? The scanlation speed has been ridiculous lol, but I know it'll slow down once we're caught up xD

Pretty sure the series is finished. There's 24 chapters in total so about 10 chapters are left

Dynasty
joined Mar 17, 2022

I'm really loving this series. It feels so calm and the pacing is wonderful. I hope Rio finds someone who can love her back soon

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

This is more like an exploration of the types of love than anything else.

joined Jun 11, 2016

I really like Rio a lot

Vivy-v-chan
joined Aug 14, 2020

Cool chapter ^^

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Ah... Yeah, such is love for ya

joined Aug 21, 2017

Love Triangle?

Reimari2%20-%20crop
joined Sep 7, 2016

Can't help but to root for Hime-cut lady, 'cos unlike the other two, she has strong focus on what she wants.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Dynasty forums be like...

Some thoughts:

I'm really enjoying the diverse representation. Sure, it feels like it gets a bit textbook-y at times, but you have to keep in mind that these are topics that many people have trouble understanding, or might not have even heard of. It's particularly uncommon to hear about how "asexuality" is an umbrella term and that it's actually a pretty wide-ranging subject that encompasses much more than just disinterest or repulsion towards sex. Speaking from the perspective of an ace-spectrum person, I'm fine with a bit of over-explaining if it makes it easier to follow the story for someone who otherwise wouldn't really know what was happening. People on dynasty are usually more knowledgeable about queer topics, but the average reader doesn't know as much, if they even know anything at all.

The fact that Matoi goes from definitely seeing herself as aroace to considering whether she might be some other kind of asexual is nice. She's still young, and her understanding of who she is and what she wants is probably still in some state of flux. She might end up deciding that she was right the first time, or she might not, she might even decide she's not ace at all (though I highly doubt that's the case, for a variety of reasons). My best bet at this stage is that she's gray ace (which I'll admit is in part because just about everything but that has been covered by a different character :P) I'm really glad she has people around to help her discover who she truly is. Rio especially. She seems like she really cares about Matoi, and will respect Matoi's feelings and boundaries (that is, now that she has learned what Matoi's feelings and boundaries are. Remember, kids: just because your japanese mangas have people confessing by suddenly kissing someone, doesn't mean it's okay to do in real life! :P)

While I'm sure some people would like it if Yuriko eventually returned Matoi's feelings romantically, I'm personally hoping they enter into more of a queer-platonic relationship (especially after that incredibly cute bit of snuggling at Matoi's apartment. My heart...) They're both calm, relatively mature people (for manga characters), I think they're definitely capable of finding a way to be together that makes both of them happy. I expect the ending to be something along those lines, but we'll see.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Can't help but to root for Hime-cut lady, 'cos unlike the other two, she has strong focus on what she wants.

Tomolo [The Other, More Overtly Lesbian One] Love strikes again.

Put money on it folks, whenever there's a series with a dithering/useless, or otherwise pre-yuri MC couple along with an out (if only to themselves) lesbian side character, a flock of Dynasty readers will immediately line up to book passage on that (alas, usually doomed) ship.

Reimari2%20-%20crop
joined Sep 7, 2016

^ Tobey meme, in case people don't get it.

I knew I should've added this emote ":v" just in case people take my random meme-ing seriously :v

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Rio has a strong focus on what she wants because she already knows exactly what it is that she wants. The other two don't yet know what they want, and they're currently focused on figuring that out.

This might sound blasphemous to some, but I'm rooting for no romantic couples at all. I'd like to see Matoi and Yuriko get together, but in a way that's acceptable to the both of them. Seeing as at least Yuriko is aromantic, I'm going to say the chances of a mutually-reciprocated romance are slim to none, though that could change. They can be together without needing to feel the same way though, and I'm hoping we see that in the end.

A queerplatonic relationship not unlike the one in this one-shot that was linked earlier is fairly close to what I'd like to see. They don't have to be lovers to be special to each other. (By the way, thank you so much to the person that linked that manga, it was a delight.)

Of course, there's always the poly route. Though I guess it wouldn't be "polyamory" so much as "poly...amory". :P

edit: wait was all that a meme? did I get wooshed?

last edited at Apr 11, 2022 2:41AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^ Tobey meme, in case people don't get it.

I knew I should've added this emote ":v" just in case people take my random meme-ing seriously :v

I have no idea what you’re talking about.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

How can be the mom just be... cool with her middle school daughter dating an adult man like that?? Kinda weirding me how how she of all people is not batting an eye to that.

Also, love that character chart at the end, nice to have it all black on white like that <3

Dynasty
joined Mar 17, 2022

Yeah I'm also surprised that the Mom is all like "my middle school daughter is dating a 40 year old man...this is fine"

I like that both characters have resolved to be honest with one another, hopefully this means we won't get drama dragged out for a long time.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Yeah I'm also surprised that the Mom is all like "my middle school daughter is dating a 40 year old man...this is fine"

What we actually know is that the boyfriend is “a working adult”—i.e., not in high school.

Partly the issue is the weird way that mangaka do or don’t draw age differences in their character designs—I’ve seen stories where guys drawn like that are supposed to be big-for-their-age middle-school athletes or (maybe with just a bit more beard and a line or two more in the face) somebody’s hunky grandfather.

So sure, there’s an age difference, and obviously the mom isn’t as weirded out by age gaps as Dynasty readers are, but “he seems honest,” and that’s good enough for her.

last edited at Apr 12, 2022 10:06AM

Dynasty
joined Mar 17, 2022

What we actually know is that the boyfriend is “a working adult”—i.e., not in high school.

Partly the issue is the weird way that mangaka do or don’t draw age differences in their character designs—I’ve seen stories where guys drawn like that are supposed to be big-for-their-age middle-school athletes or (maybe with just a bit more beard and a line or two more in the face) somebody’s hunky grandfather.

So sure, there’s an age difference, and obviously the mom isn’t as weirded out by age gaps as Dynasty readers are, but “he seems honest,” and that’s good enough for her.

I dunno, I'm usually cool with the Age Gap tag. But you're right, we don't actually know the guy's age and he could just be drawn to be Younger Than He Looks (how's that for flipping a tag?)

As long as everyone's happy, I guess we'll see how it plays out.

joined Jun 11, 2016

HOLD THE FCK UP!!!!! Did the mom just casually accept that her middle school daughter is dating a grown man???

the mom isn’t as weirded out by age gaps as Dynasty readers are

Age gaps isn't the main problem. The main problem is the age gap between a 14yo girl and a 18yo+ man!!! Like how the fuck is that normal and even casually accepted, especially in Japan!?! Seriously this is just insane.

But well, considering that there's a girl who ran away and stayed with a 37yo man for a month without her family knowing, maybe the Japanese are indeed just that mad.

To reply you must either login or sign up.