Forum › My White Rose discussion

Dynasty
joined Mar 17, 2022

Yay a Kashikaze one-shot.

I like that it didn't quite follow the same plot that other manga with a "sister system" tend to. This one felt more about fluffy close friendship than the longing you usually see...or that could just be me.

joined Jan 13, 2021

Ah yes, St. William, patron saint of adopted children, clearly alluding to how Mashiro's onee-sama (an adopted relation) is actually baby. This anthology's referencing game continues to be on point.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Marimite but with cats ? Sign me up ! :O

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Yay somebody wrote yuri about me! lol

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Awwww!!

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Kashikaza doing this as a series when?!
(Soon I hope)

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

I really like Kashikaze's work, but they have a real tendency to re-use character designs. I know "sameface" is a traditional joke about manga like this but the designs are literally 100% the same and it confuses my brain lol

It might also be because I really liked "Lonely Girl" and all the characters in it, so any time I see em my brain lights up like "oh hey its character I like!" but it's not. It feels weird

last edited at Apr 15, 2022 12:01PM

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Ahhhh, that was cute!

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Sweet

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

I really like Kashikaze's work, but they have a real tendency to re-use character designs. I know "sameface" is a traditional joke about manga like this but the designs are literally 100% the same and it confuses my brain lol

It might also be because I really liked "Lonely Girl" and all the characters in it, so any time I see em my brain lights up like "oh hey its character I like!" but it's not. It feels weird

I don't really see the "same-face syndrome" here. Yes, they are drawn in the same style (obviously), but there isn't that much of a resemblance with the characters from Can't Defy The Lonely Girl, I think.
This was cute. I particularly liked that one panel at the top here (excited onee-sama is just too cute).

On another note, I don't know why, but lately I don't really like seeing these Marimite-like settings in modern works, even though I actually liked Marimite quite a lot. It's not like I outright hate them or anything, I just get this "Oh, this again?" kind of feeling. (Maybe it's because I get reminded of the fact that I never got to read the last few books of the series, which left me with a bitter taste lol.) But I feel like, for most of these works, it just seems very... fabricated. Especially in a one-shot, where there isn't much room to explore the setting, it just feels way unrealistic, and even unnecessary —as in this case— to introduce this Maria-sama garden into the story. Marimite obviously had a heavy influence on the yuri genre and having now watched/read it, I can see the countless references in other yuri works, which I wouldn't have recognised before. And even though it can often be fun, it also accentuates this feeling of unoriginality, I guess? I'm still open to exploring more Class S works though, ngl XD

Edit: I just noticed that this was part of an anthology that apparently has the soeur system setting as the main theme...? That being the case, it's quite funny how Kashikaze basically threw that right out of the window, in favor of some good pampering and cat-café fluff XD. Staying true to their desires, I appreciate that.

last edited at Apr 15, 2022 8:26PM

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I don't really see the "same-face syndrome" here. Yes, they are drawn in the same style (obviously), but there isn't that much of a resemblance with the characters from Can't Defy The Lonely Girl, I think.

Yeah I didn't have any problem seeing these characters as their own unique characters. I saw the art style and thought "Oh I like this artist and their art a lot", but I didn't see the character as anyone from that series.

Anyhow, this was very cute! Thanks for the translation!

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

It took me a little while to realize, through style, that this is by Kashikaze.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Yeah I didn't have any problem seeing these characters as their own unique characters. I saw the art style and thought "Oh I like this artist and their art a lot", but I didn't see the character as anyone from that series.

Hmm, weird. I dunno why it's so prominent to me. Good to know it's just a me thing tho :P

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

On another note, I don't know why, but lately I don't really like seeing these Marimite-like settings in modern works, even though I actually liked Marimite quite a lot. It's not like I outright hate them or anything, I just get this "Oh, this again?" kind of feeling. (Maybe it's because I get reminded of the fact that I never got to read the last few books of the series, which left me with a bitter taste lol.) But I feel like, for most of these works, it just seems very... fabricated.

Um, I believe the whole “soeur” business is the theme of this anthology.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Ah! That's why Mashiro seemed so familiar.

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

On another note, I don't know why, but lately I don't really like seeing these Marimite-like settings in modern works, even though I actually liked Marimite quite a lot. It's not like I outright hate them or anything, I just get this "Oh, this again?" kind of feeling. (Maybe it's because I get reminded of the fact that I never got to read the last few books of the series, which left me with a bitter taste lol.) But I feel like, for most of these works, it just seems very... fabricated.

Um, I believe the whole “soeur” business is the theme of this anthology.

Yeah, I realised that later too. I guess that explains why it felt as though we were getting quite a few soeur stuff lately. That doesn't really change how I feel about the setting of these stories though (except for what I already wrote about this one on my previous —now edited— comment).

joined Apr 29, 2021

Ah yes a feeling of pure bliss and wholesome​ Thx Kashikaze Thx translator my day has been made

joined May 8, 2018

Ah. Gap moe. I love them.

joined Mar 23, 2022

hoping this to become a series, like dear lord please

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

What is it with “catholic school dorm with a quirky cultural twist” and feeling like bizarre cults

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

What is it with “catholic school dorm with a quirky cultural twist” and feeling like bizarre cults

I think you answered your own question.

joined Aug 10, 2018

So, her mother is allergic and she's now covered in cat fur ? Well, I know someone who is going to have a good time tonight.

Iloveherface
joined Jul 12, 2020

So cute, I want to see them kissing

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

Kashikaze and animal cafes

iconic

and cute

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

I just knew Kashikaze from how they do side angle faces.

But this was cute. Wild we're getting from the roots throwbacks nowadays

To reply you must either login or sign up.