Forum › Okiku-san wa Ichatsukitai discussion

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Prediction: The series will conclude with Okiku being exorcized/moving on to the next life as Ryou rekindles her relationship with her childhood friend

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Whoa, an update of that silly manga about a ghost sexually harassing that one exorcist girl. Well, I could use a little silly pick me up today! ...
Oh... Well... That... That wasn't silly at all.

But in all seriousness, I like this inclusion of a serious... Plot progress? Well, character development for sure. I too think that it might be a possibility that Meguru (The girl from her past) will be in some way an end goal for this story. I'd at least hope it will. Ghost yuri (or any kind of ghost romance) always has that underlying feeling of tragedy and/or passing. It's a bit like having the same thing with some immortal or long-living creatures. I don't mind them, it's just that sour aftertaste that some of them leave.

Also, this chapter reminded me of Kindred Spirit on the Roof. And how messed up it would get if it went a bit more towards the horror side of things.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

So she's going to end up being a villain somehow, right?

joined May 1, 2015

Man, I didn't know I wanted ghost yuri with a decent plot so much.
I am looking forward to volume 2
Thanks translating team

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

Imma be real, if I was the girl that the exorcist left behind and I heard her reasoning, I'd be like "what the fuck was it really necessary to break up with me? You could deal with the ghosts while still dating me, just saying."

Spiderman thought the same bud... It never ended well

Fair point

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Prediction: The series will conclude with Okiku being exorcized/moving on to the next life as Ryou rekindles her relationship with her childhood friend

I hope the author realizes that if she writes that kind of conclusion all her readers will turn into angry onryō-like entities and go after her in a mission of extermination.

Png-clipart-mega-man-x-mega-man-zero-2-mega-man-zero-collection-mega-man-bass-others-miscellaneous-video-game
joined Dec 18, 2021

Calling it: Okiku will possess Meguru, then she and Ryou get their happily ever after.

joined Mar 10, 2022

Hehe...siuuu

joined May 8, 2018

Ever since someone pointed out the ghost that haunts Ryouyo, I've been unconsciously noticing her.
Also (pg153, bottom left panel) Yes, Ryouyo, I agree with you.

lord-of-roses
Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

Good lord, the nipples on the first page of 5.5

joined Sep 5, 2021

The ghost in chapter 4 is also in chapter 5.5 page 2

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

So she's going to end up being a villain somehow, right?

You mean the “past love” from high school in ch5? no doubt, even if it’s not intentional (on her end)

possession, maybe??? she was also sensitive to the presence of ghosts, but at a lesser level. someone like that would be an easy target for spirits with ill intentions

last edited at May 25, 2022 3:42PM

%e1%a8%b3%20%e9%ba%b7%e2%ad%8f%20icon%20%db%ab%db%ab%e2%9c%a7%20(1)
joined Jan 6, 2021

why is nobody talking about the scary woman that appears in every chapter?!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

why is nobody talking about the scary woman that appears in every chapter?!

Plenty of talk about her, most recently just two posts before yours.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Who else came for the ecchi but stayed for the compelling plot? I'm eagerly waiting for an update so we can see what the third ghost is about

So any general idea when the new chapters are going to be translated and Uploaded here?

joined Mar 31, 2017

So any general idea when the new chapters are going to be translated and Uploaded here?

What new chapters? There hasn't been one since the end of volume 1. Yuino said they're coming though. And should they ever appear, I'll wait until volume 2 comes out because Comicwalker quality is seriously awful. So no real idea when. Either that or Dynasty will have to host translations made with awful image quality, should anyone even bother.

joined Feb 10, 2022

Well chapter 6 was released recently

3818_1775681535988481_4988113658273068935_n
joined Jun 15, 2016

I FREAGGIN LOVE IT UUGGGGGHHHH.

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

What new chapters? There hasn't been one since the end of volume 1. Yuino said they're coming though. And should they ever appear, I'll wait until volume 2 comes out because Comicwalker quality is seriously awful. So no real idea when. Either that or Dynasty will have to host translations made with awful image quality, should anyone even bother.

Ah thanks for letting us know mycro. Thanks for your hard work.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Just hopped onto the train on reading this series. So much potential and it's going great in the first 5 chapters already.

evildeadfan102
Anemone
joined Mar 26, 2020

Volume 2 is out now :)
I'm really excited to read more chapters of this manga in English
Its a really cute and fun series, so thanks for when you translate them.
I'll be ready for more ghost girl time

joined Aug 21, 2017

Imma be real, if I was the girl that the exorcist left behind and I heard her reasoning, I'd be like "what the fuck was it really necessary to break up with me? You could deal with the ghosts while still dating me, just saying."

Spiderman thought the same bud... It never ended well

Fair point

I thought the exact same thing, and the reply perfectly addressed my objection. I feel like I just understood a koan or something.
Anyway, Ryou is a Spiderman fan confirmed.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

I was shocked at how short Okiku was until I realized it's because she doesn't have legs

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

With that face I am sure she ain’t seeing no panties, she saw something terrible go down. One of them will be severely injured, and something tells me this third ghost who’s been watching Ryou for some time already is definitely connected to the high school friend (almost lover), if this shadow means anything (it lowkey looks like Meguru is possessed by her), or at least will be.

By the way, here are the instances she showed up, which is on every other chapter:
- Chapter 1 looking at the gays. Is she angry or is it just that her face is covered?

• Chapter 2, as the horny police on the first panel

The shadow on the last page could also be her, but after revising this post I noticed that the hair length seems much shorter than of the ghost haunting every chapter of the manga. It looks to be the same as Meguru's, so it could just be a random evil spirit, but it could just be the fact is a shadow and how sometimes people with long here seen up front could look like they have shorter hair when it's pushed back.

• Extra Chapter, bottom left panel looking at the lewd with an “is that allowed?” face (it’s always the same face, actually)

Also, on page 22, the hypothetical scenario of the third ghost visiting the MC looks a lot like the shadow behind the high school friend. The same eyes and creepy smile.

Since it’s been like a year and i don’t care if i already said it or not, I also want to point out that maybe this ghost is somehow related to Okiku’s special person from her past, who obviously is connected to Ryou, if the physical similarities indicate that.

This person could be the wife or maybe daughter of Okiku’s boss (master?) who had her killed, hence this jumpscare, indicating Ryou and whoever betrayed Okiku while alive have a link.

What if the ghost IS the woman in question and all her surprised Pikachu faces are jealousy? Since obviously Okiku and her past love are a case of star-crossed lovers. And the ghost is said to have been heartbroken and anguished (maybe having regretted whatever mistake she made or becoming too burdened after Okiku’s tragic death that before her death she was harbouring strong feelings of regret — even if she wasn’t guilty and Okiku’s “I will never forgive you” is misplaced grudge)
Maybe jealousy could be the reason she approaches Ryou, who might be a descendant or something for her to be watching over for so long and never attacking, even when she was “weaker” (before training). But that seems like a reach since the girl Okiku loved has blonde hair while the ghost has black.

last edited at Apr 7, 2023 8:30PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.