Forum › Alcohol and Ogre-girls discussion

Dynasty
joined Mar 17, 2022

That was pretty cute. I hope Naori can make Mikage a drink for real in the future.

I do like the slight edge they're adding too with the mysterious danger of getting Naori involved.

joined May 1, 2015

Now we have more questions that need answers
The ogres have been cursed by humans, but does Hinata have an additional curse? Maybe she is the direct descendant from the original ogre that caused all ogres to be cursed.
What is her fate, an early death due to this curse?
Naori, do your best for Hinata.

joined Oct 22, 2021

Gona be honest, didn't like the last 2 chapters. All of these are tropes used when story has to end fast. Was this cancelled already/given only 2 volumes or sth?

joined Jun 11, 2016

I don't like how ominous that was. Is she gonna turn into a mindless human-eating monster at some point or some shit?

last edited at Mar 25, 2022 9:58AM

Dynasty
joined Mar 17, 2022

Gona be honest, didn't like the last 2 chapters. All of these are tropes used when story has to end fast. Was this cancelled already/given only 2 volumes or sth?

If I remember correctly its on volume 3 and still ongoing

joined Oct 22, 2021

I don't like how ominous that was. Is she gonna turn into a mindless human-eating monster at some point or some shit?

She has a male fiance to make babies or sth?

Also thank you for information about the volumes, hopefully it gets back to form!

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Ah yes "Now that I have pushed the plot forward I can take my leave". Although I'm happy about that. I was getting worried we'd get Kobayashi's Ogre drunk or something...

Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

I getting big "arranged marriage with some asshole ogre" vibes off this exchange. And the danger to our human is that this (probably a) guy won't take kindly to Ibuki getting herself a human girlfri- err, bartender.

Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

Ah yes "Now that I have pushed the plot forward I can take my leave".

I mean, she never had the intention to stay in the first place. So it would be more unexpected if she did not leave.

joined Dec 17, 2021

Realizing someone is eating badly and wanting to give them something they'll enjoy more. I can relate to that aspect of Naori.

joined Jan 13, 2021

Hinata: Listen, Naori, traditional depictions of ogres are horribly unfair. I'm not a bloodthirsty monster. I just want to lift this curse and live a happy life because that's what we both deserve.

Mikage: Listen, Naori, traditional depictions of ogres are horribly unfair. I'm not a bloodthirsty monster. I'm just going to gently strangle you because that's something we'll both enjoy.

(On account of this now being a story about a gloomy girl caught between two demons, one bubbly and one terrifying, I shall be mentally referring to this manga as A Monster Wants to Drink Me from hereon out).

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

For a moment I thought "Aahh come on! there's no way she didn't know that they were in the same University! specially given how popular she is" but then I remembered that Naori used to spend her days making drinks alone and that made me a little sad :.)

As for the mythical drink... Well, if Onis exist, there must be other yokais or Deities, if they find them (and that's a big IF) maybe they could throw a hint.

last edited at Mar 29, 2022 7:02PM

joined Dec 17, 2021

I getting big "arranged marriage with some asshole ogre" vibes off this exchange. And the danger to our human is that this (probably a) guy won't take kindly to Ibuki getting herself a human girlfri- err, bartender.

it'll be funny if Mikage is the fiancee and that's why Hinata also wants to "free her of her chains" or whatever she said at the end of chapter 8. Even more if the reason they are both Ibuki and say they are distant relatives is because they are already married.

Alright, providing Mikage doesn't end up falling in love with naori, I'll be shipping her with glasses girl from this chapter.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

damn Naori who let you have two extremely popular ogre girlfriends. haha

joined May 29, 2021

Looks like it's a harem story after all.

joined May 1, 2015

I didn't think that Mikage was also a college student, considering she hates humans.
Naori, your life just became even more eventful.
Hinata will rage at this.
Thank you for working on this volume too anons.

last edited at Mar 29, 2022 11:41PM

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Random Glasses Girl appears with MASSIVE crush on Mikage.
I don't remember giving the author my permission to write me ino this manga....

My%20god
joined Dec 27, 2014

Hi, this is the chapter where there is a single clue that indicates more than one (1) love interest. I am now a full advocate for the poly route.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

These "famous student/etc fawning" scenes ... I like that, but they are so out of this world. Probably the most unrealistic aspect of any manga; even ones that include onis ^^;

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

These "famous student/etc fawning" scenes ... I like that, but they are so out of this world. Probably the most unrealistic aspect of any manga; even ones that include onis ^^;

Yeah, also the whole time I was like ... aren't they at college? Who knows everyone at college? There's always a changing student body.

joined Jun 11, 2016

Ah yes "Now that I have pushed the plot forward I can take my leave".

I mean, she never had the intention to stay in the first place. So it would be more unexpected if she did not leave.

she did, in fact, not leave!

joined Jun 11, 2016

Yeah, also the whole time I was like ... aren't they at college? Who knows everyone at college? There's always a changing student body.

tbh there are actual students who are just that popular that nearly everyone knows/has heard of them in highschool/college where I'm from. However they're all active students who go out and do stuff. People who are cold/unsociable are rarely ever that popular, no matter how beautiful they are.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

tbh there are actual students who are just that popular that nearly everyone knows/has heard of them in highschool/college where I'm from. However they're all active students who go out and do stuff. People who are cold/unsociable are rarely ever that popular, no matter how beautiful they are.

To be fair to the manga, probably Mikage wouldn't be that famous if she didn't happen to be the sister of the most popular girl on campus, making it easy for people to do that dramatic summer/winter fire/ice thing.
But it seems weird to me too--at my university nobody's ever heard of anybody. After the fliers have been taken down they instantly forget who just got elected to student government and so on. I'd say people mostly have no idea who the university president is (not student, I mean the real thing). They're just here to take classes and maybe party.

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

dammit naori stop think-cheating on your amazing gf while she freaks out because you used her first name

Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

Possessive Hinata is pretty great. It's clear she saw that "play bite" as more of a "marking the territory" move and wasn't about to let anyone move in on her girl.

To reply you must either login or sign up.