Forum › Brides of Iberis discussion

joined Apr 16, 2017

Well that was obviously something. I see nothing but pain in the coming chapters, that's just the vibe I get from this chapter.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Akiyama Haru! Blessed day.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

wohoooooo getting ready for another ride , helly yeah Akiyama Haruuuu

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Whoa. OK, then . . .

joined Aug 1, 2021

I can see the hell in the next chapters already. damn I don't wanna read this but I do .

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Hm hmm hmmmmm, that's a lot to take in and even more ways it could go from here. Color me intrigued

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

The name of this series seems to say that these brides are "indifferent", which is the main meaning of iberis flower in "flower language".

To be sure, they do seem to be that way. One is just coasting along to marriage while playing around, and another one doesn't really want to marry, but can't come up with a reason not to either.

Kind of thing that easily turns into a real nightmare swamp.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Interesting premise but i wish we could get bisexual representation outside of the whole “slutty woman who sleeps around with anyone and everyone” trope.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Oooh yeah baby my body is ready for some more blessed Akiyama Haru introspective angsty drama!!

joined Jun 5, 2020

I have learned my lesson and will mentally blacklist this author from now on

joined Apr 15, 2013

Interesting. Looks like it's gonna be an angsty one.

joined Oct 22, 2021

Interesting premise but i wish we could get bisexual representation outside of the whole “slutty woman who sleeps around with anyone and everyone” trope.

I don't know, "bi erasure" or however it is called seems to be the more common trope, with women never being "really" in love with the man (at least not the erotic kind)

joined Oct 13, 2014

octave author? instant read

joined Oct 16, 2016

Since this is well know retarded cheating lover kind of author of what we remember being done in Octave, we can bet both girls will sleep with guys around before settling for each other in end configuration or something.
Again we have a good glasses guy who will get cheated on, the boring marriage plans, women must be "bisluts" meme going for life cause that is what makes them going, which as we remember Octave in this main girl too will sleep around with men to cheat on her bf to check it out logic and hating it after.
Seems this author truly locked himself into the most boring genre, adult cheating one.

last edited at Mar 19, 2022 4:06PM

joined Jan 13, 2021

Very strong first chapter! My favourite aspect of A.H's writing is how she manages to take a central idea and twist it twenty different ways to convey how the 'personal' part of a 'personal philosophy' can handily override logic, be it rational, professional, social or otherwise, and this series already seems to be going all-in with that. Weddings, after all, are both incredibly personal and highly ritualized, and so we see this fascinating contrast between Kashiwai, who can tailor the ceremony to others at a glance, and Tsuzuki, who effortlessly warps convention, morality and even religion around her own interests.

I also love the conflict between Kashiwai's notion of a will to responsibility versus Tsuzuki's idea of the inevitability of hedonism, between a woman who emphatically divides matters into right and wrong to dispel the uncertainty in her heart and a woman who cheerfully absolves herself because pleasure is its own justification. The fact that they're not entirely opposed in a wife/mistress way, but both placed in the liminal category of 'brides' is also interesting, because a 'promise' hangs in the air, capable of transformation, and the vastly contradictory nature of their views on love are ironically enough both valid interpretations of marriage- there's marriages of love and there's marriages of convenience, and it's harder to slot each of them into one category than you'd think at first.

I hope Akiyama twists these women into pretzels. I hope she lights them on fire. I hope she warps the concept of marriage so profoundly that 'Here Comes the Bride' is henceforth played only at funerals and every mention of matrimony in any form of media mandates a content warning. I have faith in the mind that produced Octave.

Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

Remember, if you do not wish to see manga of a certain type, you can go to "Manage Profile" and blacklist the "Cheating" tag.

Anyways, I support women's rights and women's wrongs. Especially women's wrongs. Love me some women who are absolutely awful.

last edited at Mar 19, 2022 4:33PM

Screenshot_1644496801
joined May 20, 2018

Damn that look on page 38. I’ll definitely fall in love if some women look at me like that ( While holding someone else) :)

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Can't say I'm too wildly interested in this one so far. Both female leads feel like they're gonna end up kinda shitty people to me, or they're going to try and "justify" it by making their boyfriends shitty despite their initially pleasant demeanors. I'll keep an eye on it but I don't want this to turn into a guy hate fest just for "the yuri".

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Dayominator posted:

Can't say I'm too wildly interested in this one so far. Both female leads feel like they're gonna end up kinda shitty people to me, or they're going to try and "justify" it by making their boyfriends shitty despite their initially pleasant demeanors. I'll keep an eye on it but I don't want this to turn into a guy hate fest just for "the yuri".

I'll gladly throw all the guys under the bus if it means a happy yuri couple.

Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

I mean, so far it seems plainly clear that the ones who are in the wrong are the girls. Mizuki just seems like she might've leaped into marriage a little soon and doesn't actually love her fiance as much as she thought, whereas Tsuzuki, well. So far she's the source of the cheating tag in the first place.

So, your initial assumption might be right. Both female leads might end up being shitty people. In fact, I hope so. I gobble that shit up.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Im not liking the two females mc so far, but let see what happens next

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

Oh no

Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

Everyone was excited about the author being Akiyama Haru. So, I clicked on their name and was like "OHMYGOD!!! The Octave author! IT'S THEM!!! I SHOULD'VE REALIZED IT SOONER!" This is either going to be great or disappointing. Either way, it's definitely going to be a painful ride.

Untitled
joined Sep 8, 2017

Dayominator posted:

I'll gladly throw all the guys under the bus if it means a happy yuri couple.

Even if the guys are genuinely decent people and the ladies are shitty, cheating assholes that try to justify every awful thing they do despite being obviously horrible people? I know you’re probably just joking around, but still.

Don’t get me wrong, I love yuri as much as anyone else here. But cheating is wrong, and an undeniably shitty thing to do, regardless of gender or sexuality. And either this story is gonna cop out and show the guys to be terrible fiancés in order to “justify” the girls cheating (which will be boring and a total cliche in these adultery themed stories), or it’s gonna keep them decent dudes, in which case the shitty, cheating ladies really will deserve each other, cuz they certainly won’t deserve those guys.

But I doubt either way it will end with a “happy” yuri couple. Cheaters are never satisfied, after all.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Nekomancer47 posted:
But I doubt either way it will end with a “happy” yuri couple. Cheaters are never satisfied, after all.

They may end up being both horrible people, but I don't think it's the theme here.

From what I got, the theme is "sometimes, love happens, deal with it".

Man proposes, God disposes.

The author will now tell us how this unravels.

Some characters will suffer, will cry, or will rage, even if they don't deserve it, but such is life.

To reply you must either login or sign up.