Forum › Lilies, Voice, Wear Wind discussion

joined May 10, 2021

Whilst I certainly enjoy Rio going on the offensive (though it might ruin the best-that-will-never-happen ship), I certainly don't like what's going around Yuriko... Obnoxious dickhead, and now the little sister who's doing God knows what (probably only some teasing but good Lord....).
I guess we'll see where this is going eh?

joined Jan 14, 2020

I thought it was hilarious! fwoomph on both ends. I am surprised, I thought Rio would be a bit slower about it, have more than one dinner not-date, y'know?

Predicted outcome: anti-ship missiles on both ends.

Twist outcome: relationships on both ends.

Though Tokyo seems more likely (Matoi has someone to get over) than Yuriko (if she didn't accept Matoi, why would she accept a stranger middle schooler... unless it turns out she swings that way.)

Anyway, thank you translator, and please keep it coming!

Bacon Pancakes
0b955f79-53d7-4077-9788-189760d17f51
joined Aug 21, 2013

Bruh why do you think the stereotype “u-haul lesbians” exists

Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

Rio really heard Matoi sing once and was like "Time to kick it into MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE!".

But yeah, ch. 9 has me really conflicted. This was a really laid back read and now the story's getting all this Drama. I personally don't hate it, but it's definitely shifted gears from "somber romance" to a forced "drama ship wars". The story has already given us Yuriko denying Matoi's feelings and making it past the graduation so I can understand the idea of trying to explore how the two main characters interact with other characters. It cliche, but in this case it feels justified to me. But I feel like there's still more the author could explore with just Matoi and Yuriko, and maybe the little sister without the two new additions. I like Rio and I still hope the guy is more of a comedic relief douche than an antagonist, as the story goes along (although probably not). But, the two really dove into the story out of nowhere.

Jpeg_20190202_220408
joined Mar 21, 2019

RIO GO FOR IT!!!!!

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Does anyone know which magazine this manga is in?

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

mmm... The plot thickens...

Raven%20dialogue%202%20dynasty
joined Jul 23, 2021

Yeesh, both leads getting someone eager to sink their fangs into them from the get go. Its pretty scary. Common sense would dictate Yuriko doesn't go for a middle schooler, and yet drama tropes probably indicate she'll go for it as a matoi-lite, and that's gonna cause some issues down the line.

UnappropriatedFox
Screenshot_3
joined Jun 11, 2021

well... that escalated quickly

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Does anyone know which magazine this manga is in?

A magazine called Compass? It's possible they're just the publisher
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/lilies_voice_wear_wind_ch05

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I did think Rio might have a crush on Matoi but I wasn't sure until this chapter

I'm more surprised about Matoi's sister, whatever she's planning

last edited at Mar 19, 2022 2:28AM

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Hot damn, these girls know what they want

I did see Rio asking Matoi out comin', but didn't expect the other. I'm genuinely interested to see how these two romance-averse characters will react to these advances though.

Also I imagine Rio was asking about the double ddates to see if she's go "not interestedi n dating guys right now" as a subtle lesbian hint, took it as that, and is runnin' with it.

Either way, please get consent before kisses, thank you =w=

joined Mar 19, 2022

Either way, please get consent before kisses, thank you =w=

Yeah, that's the only part of this chapter I have an issue with. Who the fuck would go out with someone after they did that? I'd be more likely to punch Rio in the face and tell her to piss off.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

This series started off pretty nicely I thought, but it’s going downhill pretty quick if it keeps going like it did in this chapter…

This. Pretty jarring, these last two chapters.

ArtemisOnVtubers
joined Dec 16, 2021

I feel it, that she was flirting with her all the time

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I addition to what everyone else said, I could totally see that the sister is trying help Matoi in her own stupid way, I feel like that would be somewhat in character based on her previous appearances :P

And also I agree this is pretty jarring compared to the overall pace so far, it's like someone realized that the volume is ending and there is still plot to advance

last edited at Mar 19, 2022 8:30AM

Ss%20(2022-10-15%20at%2007.19.30)
joined Aug 19, 2021

Oh my god she didn't get consent before kissing (how rare in a manga), we really need to cancel this satanic work. seriously...

Majyofin(1)
joined Feb 14, 2021

it's like someone realized that the volume is ending and there is still plot to advance

I feel like we don't really need any of this (the male coworker, Rio) to advance the plot, though. I think it would have been more natural to, after their separation, build on the growing romantic feelings between them. It could have been an interesting story about a relationship that is romantic in nature, but not sexual (with the absence of sexual desire (and acceptance of it) being an actual theme, something I was quite excited about when starting this manga). It might still end up being about this, but the pacing and tonal shift of this chapter is pretty jarring.

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

it's like someone realized that the volume is ending and there is still plot to advance

I feel like we don't really need any of this (the male coworker, Rio) to advance the plot, though. I think it would have been more natural to, after their separation, build on the growing romantic feelings between them. It could have been an interesting story about a relationship that is romantic in nature, but not sexual (with the absence of sexual desire (and acceptance of it) being an actual theme, something I was quite excited about when starting this manga). It might still end up being about this, but the pacing and tonal shift of this chapter is pretty jarring.

I may be wrong but isnt that thing about absence of sexual desire just a misunderstanding? I thought it was bc of Yuriko scars that she said that

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

I feel like we went from snail pace to full throttle in half a second.
If we were talking about a car I'd love it and say 'Wow, atta cool acceleration!' but when it's about fictional romance I'm not sure it works so well for me....

DaSupremeXtream
Yatsude%202-min
joined Jul 11, 2019

I may be wrong but isnt that thing about absence of sexual desire just a misunderstanding? I thought it was bc of Yuriko scars that she said that

That may certainly be part of it but I do think she might be muted in sexual orientation, too. She never really denied whether she has an interest in men or women, just that she won't engage in sex, but these recent chapters seem to suggest that she might be interested in whatever interests her (demisexual?) but she's still pretty much uninterested in sex, even if the scars might just be one reason for it

I feel like we went from snail pace to full throttle in half a second.
If we were talking about a car I'd love it and say 'Wow, atta cool acceleration!' but when it's about fictional romance I'm not sure it works so well for me....

Honestly, though things could escallate more with Rio, I think the sister is just fucking with Yoriko. And mind you, this is coming from me, who mentioned earlier that the sister might actually be a lez but is shifting through men to try to find the right person unbeknownst that she should be looking for a woman. However, this chapter suggests that may not be, because she understands what it means to look into women, but now I lean on the side that she's just trying to figure out Yoriko's relationship with her sister and figure out whether they were into each other in that way or not. However, only time will tell whether this is also wrong or not.

last edited at Mar 20, 2022 1:54AM

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

That may certainly be part of it but I do think she might be muted in sexual orientation, too. She never really denied whether she has an interest in men or women, just that she won't engage in sex, but these recent chapters seem to suggest that she might be interested in whatever interests her (demisexual?) but she's still pretty much uninterested in sex, even if the scars might just be one reason for it

I hope the scars are the only reason, that would make things less complicated

Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

I slept on this when the first couple chapters dropped but I can see we're revving up for some shit so I'm glad I finally dove in

eyes emoji

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

love chapter ten doing a dive into the ace spectrum for a bit to give Matoi a better idea of where she stands and giving us demi rep too with Rio.

Feels like this manga is really revving up to give us the whole ace experience haha

Dynasty
joined Mar 17, 2022

Oh my god I was not expecting that at all from this chapter. You hardly ever see this sort of thing being talked about in like...any media, so it was super refreshing to see.

I'm really liking this manga so far.

last edited at Mar 21, 2022 5:09PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.