Forum › The Two Sides of Seiyuu Radio discussion

joined Nov 11, 2010

As somebody who's been reading the LNs from when vol1 was first released, it's good to see people enjoying this series.

Spoilers up to vol. 5 with regards to the levels of explicit romance:
As seen in the manga, Yumiko and Chika bathe together and Chika gropes Yumiko's breasts. These are recurring events: bathing together has happened 4 times, while breast groping is more frequent.
Not captured as well in the manga are Yumiko's monologues about how cute/pretty she finds Chika. The LN often features descriptive scenes where e.g. Yumiko bumps into a cute girl in the hallway, going into great detail about the girl's appearance, only for her to turn out to be Chika.
There have been no explicit lesbian couples in the series, nor romantic acts such as kissing. Numerous other seiyuu pairs are introduced who could be seen as subtext pairings (rivals like Yumiko and Chika, or long-term radio partners who live in adjacent apartment units), as well as characters who could be seen as explicitly gay (a seiyuu/seiyuu otaku who reacts extremely strongly to her oshis, or a kouhai who demonstrates fanaticism towards Chika to stalker/obsessive levels). However, as of vol. 5, Yumiko + Chika still seem to be the pair closest to making the jump to a romantic relationship.
Yumiko and Chika's relationship as tsundere seiyuu rivals who elevate each other continues to be developed. Although there have been great scenes where they admit how much they mean to each other, their dominant mode of interaction still leans extremely tsun.
I agree with the assessment of the series as yuri and fully recommend it to yuri fans. However, it should be acknowledged that there is a strong chance the series will never feature an explicitly romantic lesbian relationship.

last edited at Nov 12, 2021 9:01PM

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

To sum it up: "Lap up your subtext and say thank you."

last edited at Nov 15, 2021 2:25PM by OrangePekoe

Onehundredthousandyears
joined Mar 27, 2021

I love subtext because I hate it. Sounds paradoxical? Sure does, but I feel that way anyway.

Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

I will never accept this series as subtext! Neveeeeer! ;w;

Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

Is there any possibility of a translator picking this back up? And where can I read the light novel?

joined May 1, 2015

I forgot about these 2. I remember, I looked at the raws as they were being publish but then I couldn't find them anymore.
Is volume 3 the last one? The story could have ended at this chapter + an epilogue.
I am glad it didn't.

last edited at Mar 11, 2022 12:06AM

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

Subtext is yuri, the reader just needs to add imagination.

Cool
joined Apr 4, 2021

Subtext is yuri, the reader just needs to add imagination.

You're def correct as expected with a pfp from a subtext manga XD

Tumblr_338965de880627681ecd916bc458a939_84d98ad7_500%20(1)-min
joined Feb 4, 2022

I love subtext because I hate it. Sounds paradoxical? Sure does, but I feel that way anyway.

i felt that in my soul.

anyways, i appreciate the scanlators for translating, redrawing, and everything else to push out a chapter! i truly miss this series and I am about to do a re-read!

last edited at Mar 11, 2022 1:51AM

joined Jun 11, 2016

Oh gosh thank you everyone on the scans teams for this chapter! I really love how everything is resolved here (yes I'm a sucker for happy ending)!!

Is this the end of the series or will there be more? I feel like this is the end.

Also honestly I don't mind if this stay subtext lol. I love these two but I'd rather have them as friends and have other people be couples.

ambiguousfiction
joined Nov 7, 2021

omg omg new chapter??? !!!!!!! yay ty translators

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Is volume 3 the last one? The story could have ended at this chapter + an epilogue.
I am glad it didn't.

Same I totally thought this was the final chapter and had to double check to see that it was indeed the first chapter to this volume. Glad to still see there's more to read after this! Even if it never goes beyond subtext (tbh would've been more surprised if they made it text), I still really enjoy their relationship.

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

This feels like an end. Apparently it isn't?

It also feels very satisfying to shut the hater group down with a flood of truth, though how successful it would actually be in reality is questionable.

ckretaznmayden
__sakura_futaba_persona_and_persona_5_drawn_by_kion_kun__d693cf24f18f5565a7cc666e236df3fc
joined Apr 9, 2019

Honestly, this feels like the chapter was structured to end here—big emotional climax and a several page epilogue—but I'm interested to seeing where we go from here.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Problem solved. And contrary to their expectations, careers looking better than ever.

joined May 23, 2017

I thought there was no hope after chapter 11 but man it turned out well on chapter 12. I wonder if there's more chapters? It does seem like a conclusive ending here but I'd like to see more of them.

Edit: nvm I'm blind saw the content page after going back to main page. 6 more chapters to go ~

last edited at Mar 11, 2022 6:14AM

ArtemisOnVtubers
joined Dec 16, 2021

is over? This type of manga need a proper yuri ending or is not whorty

Ss%20(2022-10-15%20at%2007.19.30)
joined Aug 19, 2021

It's the start of the vol 3, we have time for the yuri to comes.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

It also feels very satisfying to shut the hater group down with a flood of truth, though how successful it would actually be in reality is questionable.

Idol otaku do be crazy bastards, so probably not very.

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

Given how thorough this has been in its exploration of VA/idol/otaku culture Id be surprised if it didnt address shipping wars. Hopefully that will segue into yuri.

joined Jan 25, 2017

I feel like I heard that the manga ends in this volume - though the novels are ongoing. Can anyone confirm?

Lol%20eiko
joined Mar 29, 2021

Why does this subtext series have better romantic tension and depth of relationship between the two leads compared to a whole lot of other actual yuri. Bit annoying knowing that this is the manga last volume and the manga just serves as an advertisement for the novel. Nice chapter anyways, and nice to have one after such a long break, seems like we'll get to see the volume release exclulsives in the coming weeks.

joined Mar 8, 2020

I feel like I heard that the manga ends in this volume - though the novels are ongoing. Can anyone confirm?

Yeah manga adaptation ended with this volume, so there is 4 chapters + extra left , and the LN still ongoing (and pretty sure in the toc is supposed to be Afterword (あとがき) instead of Afterward <- fixed)

last edited at Mar 13, 2022 3:26AM

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Oh its back yay. Wow, I forgot how strong the subtext is in this lol.

last edited at Mar 12, 2022 5:56PM

joined Jun 9, 2018

ch. 1

This is yuri fuel!!

To reply you must either login or sign up.