Forum › Kimi to Tsuzuru Utakata discussion

LilyScentedBubbleBath
Img_20200913_125333_706
joined Sep 15, 2020

WHO MAKES THESE END CARDS BECAUSE THEYRE ABSOLUTELY KILLING ME ON THE INSIDE.. After every read I try to come to terms with the angst but when I get to the last page those tiny little figures always seem to make me explode in sadness. They're cute but WHY ;0;

joined Sep 7, 2021

Okay, I get angst.. but what I don't get is this kinda premise..
Are there really people out there who like hanging out with mopey depressants like this MC, like no offense to her, but in my experience, you just become a drain on anyone that tries to get to know you or help you.
I don't get it, don't normal people just wanna be around normal people.. where's the interest. Admittedly I am only a few chapters in. Our ("love interest?") Kaori has her own experience that influences her reasons for being drawn to the MC, if so then perhaps I can understand.. but like I see this story premise often and I can always feel for the MC because its not a good place to be but like seriously, who wants to hang out with these people seriously and even if you want to, is it feasible.. being realistic? Idk, I feel like it really makes it hard to buy into these stories without turning my brain off a bit.

Anyone else feel what I am trying to say here or am I just sounding nutty? Perhaps this another case of me thinking too deep into it. I might be missing something here, probably idk.

I think human diversity covers any type of attraction or interest. I don't want to spoil you with later chapters, but there are lots of reasons why this could be the case.

Kaori was interested by something other than Shizuku's isolation.
Kaori is truly touched by the writing.
Kaori is also broken and broken people tend to attract each other.
Kaori's physical attraction overrode her reluctance to be with someone like Shizuku.

People get together for all kinds of reasons. I feel like your comment just says that you wouldn't want to hang out with Shizuku, which is totally fine. But it's not unrealistic for someone to, and that someone happens to be Kaori.

Fair enough I suppose. Reading further I can now see the motivations and sympathies a bit more. I sometimes do this thing where I judge something after one chapter and then, have to row back and admit I may have jumped the gun. I never learn really. XD

joined Dec 3, 2017

at this point I don't even care if it ruins the story, i just want the author to pull off something dumb so they can have a happy end together

also the end cards need to stop hurting me

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Okay, I get angst.. but what I don't get is this kinda premise..
Are there really people out there who like hanging out with mopey depressants like this MC, like no offense to her, but in my experience, you just become a drain on anyone that tries to get to know you or help you.
I don't get it, don't normal people just wanna be around normal people.. where's the interest. Admittedly I am only a few chapters in. Our ("love interest?") Kaori has her own experience that influences her reasons for being drawn to the MC, if so then perhaps I can understand.. but like I see this story premise often and I can always feel for the MC because its not a good place to be but like seriously, who wants to hang out with these people seriously and even if you want to, is it feasible.. being realistic? Idk, I feel like it really makes it hard to buy into these stories without turning my brain off a bit.

Anyone else feel what I am trying to say here or am I just sounding nutty? Perhaps this another case of me thinking too deep into it. I might be missing something here, probably idk.

I think human diversity covers any type of attraction or interest. I don't want to spoil you with later chapters, but there are lots of reasons why this could be the case.

Kaori was interested by something other than Shizuku's isolation.
Kaori is truly touched by the writing.
Kaori is also broken and broken people tend to attract each other.
Kaori's physical attraction overrode her reluctance to be with someone like Shizuku.

People get together for all kinds of reasons. I feel like your comment just says that you wouldn't want to hang out with Shizuku, which is totally fine. But it's not unrealistic for someone to, and that someone happens to be Kaori.

Fair enough I suppose. Reading further I can now see the motivations and sympathies a bit more. I sometimes do this thing where I judge something after one chapter and then, have to row back and admit I may have jumped the gun. I never learn really. XD

Haha, I think we all do that. It can be a struggle to hold off making judgements, especially if it's a long time in between chapters. It's why I prefer to read finished works overall, but I'm here reading this month to month and suffering so I can't even keep to that.

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

this manga hurts ...(
they deserve a depressing as fck epic 2-pages kissing scene with tears and sunlight

joined Jun 9, 2018

drop this because it's pro bullying

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

What ?

My%20project%20(4)
joined Jan 15, 2020

How??? Literally the opposite? Like if it was pro-bullying then the bully would be instantly forgiven or her past actions brushed to the side and the author would write something along the lines of “oh it was just a silly mistake”. Pro-bullying is to normalize bullying to the point where it is no longer seen as wrong but as something “normal” and “natural”. In this manga, the author clearly writes bullying as something so horrible and wrong that the bully continues to punish herself to this day and she is never truly forgiven, not even by herself. She is driven to the point where she almost takes her own life, and we see that the effects of bullying continues to hurt her victim even years later. There is no support for bullying in this manga, not by the authors nor by its characters.

joined Jul 14, 2021

How??? Literally the opposite? Like if it was pro-bullying then the bully would be instantly forgiven or her past actions brushed to the side and the author would write something along the lines of “oh it was just a silly mistake”. Pro-bullying is to normalize bullying to the point where it is no longer seen as wrong but as something “normal” and “natural”. In this manga, the author clearly writes bullying as something so horrible and wrong that the bully continues to punish herself to this day and she is never truly forgiven, not even by herself. She is driven to the point where she almost takes her own life, and we see that the effects of bullying continues to hurt her victim even years later. There is no support for bullying in this manga, not by the authors nor by its characters.

Probably he/she didn't read it all, dropped in middle of the manga or something

joined Jun 9, 2018

In this manga, the author clearly writes bullying as something so horrible and wrong that the bully continues to punish herself to this day and she is never truly forgiven, not even by herself.

That is exactly my problem, bullies in real life never feel this kind of remorse, on the contrary they continue to live in a natural way and in the worst case they are happy and successful people who trampled on the lives of many just to feel better. The manga makes it look like they are really sensitive people, which they are not. Anyone can feel remorse for their bad actions, that being part of the plot so that we feel sorry for a character who was a bullie is pro-bullying.

last edited at Feb 2, 2022 3:34AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

In this manga, the author clearly writes bullying as something so horrible and wrong that the bully continues to punish herself to this day and she is never truly forgiven, not even by herself.

That is exactly my problem, bullies in real life never feel this kind of remorse, on the contrary they continue to live in a natural way and in the worst case they are happy and successful people who trampled on the lives of many just to feel better. The manga makes it look like they are really sensitive people, which they are not. Anyone can feel remorse for their bad actions, that being part of the plot so that we feel sorry for a character who was a bullie is pro-bullying.

Nothing in here implies anything of that sort. Most bullies, especially those you described, know exactly what they're doing. Here we are dealing with a character who genuinely thought she was doing the right thing until she found out otherwise. And any discussion of actual bullying here clearly condemns it.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Anyone can feel remorse for their bad actions, that being part of the plot so that we feel sorry for a character who was a bullie is pro-bullying.

This assertion is a simple failure of logic. A depiction of a character suffering severe emotional consequences for making a particular mistake cannot be construed as the author advocating that real-life people make that same mistake.

The other generalization, that bullies never feel remorse, is likewise based on no evidence whatsoever.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Besides the other comments which reacted to this, I think you're ignoring two important things.

1) "Bully" is not a category of person that is the same across all age groups, social classes, genders, etc. People bully, and people are different. There are certainly bullies who do not feel this kind of remorse, and there are those that do. This manga depicts one particular person who bullied someone and felt remorse. It's not a statement on all bullies everywhere.

2) They were kids. Really young kids. I give a lot of leeway to kids for doing stupid things and then growing and learning from their mistakes. Fifth graders in Japan have an average age of 10. I don't think I would take any 10 year old's personality as their final personality or take it as a given that how they act at 10 is how they will act for the rest of their lives. I think it's silly to assume that.

henrytruongfe522
joined Jan 25, 2022

After Kaori died, Shizuku moved to a new school where they learned magic to became weapon of war, changed her name and fell in love with a girl who literally immortal XD

5f0ca5d083bd9556371dde3c4aa8baf2
joined Dec 24, 2020

I literally cried for another manga a few mins ago.. this is too much for me

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

If you like this series, go support the author: https://may7523.fanbox.cc/
Only $3 to get access to exclusive goodies, very easy to sign up (and cancel) on Fanbox.

joined May 1, 2015

I don't want Kaori to die.
Man, these feels.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

The novel actually gives me a bit of hope for Kaori to live, as the narration of the first chapter could be taken from the "a little dramatized" novel about their love and not be entirely true about their actual life. Although there's still very little chance of that actually being true,,,

Yeah
joined Apr 14, 2021

After rereading chapter 1 in the first pages. What if the brown haired girl (I forgot the name) was already dead? (Not sure if her hair is actually brown) And then the white haired girl (I forgot the name too) left the letter that the brown haired girl gave her before she died? Sorry if there's already someone who commented this but I'm just too lazy to continue reading comments

...Just realized what I commented is stupid

last edited at Feb 28, 2022 8:52PM

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Good chapter. Even though it moves slow, the plot here is important. You cannot write a biography if the subject is dishonest. It does not matter whether it is your classmate, or a war crime criminal. Good that Shizuku figured that out early, after all she is looking at the count down clock.
Oh I know bullying. I was bullied in high school by a specific person. Finally at the end of that semester I had had enough and open triggered him in the canteen in front of everyone, then when he caught me up in the dorm, I beat him up like a kamikaze pilot. I cannot remember who rolled down at the top of the stairs, I don't care.
Nobody stopped us. They just were there to watch, including the teacher. Boxing match front row seats. After that, the bully never talked to me again, let alone touch me.

last edited at Feb 28, 2022 10:57PM

joined Oct 27, 2018

Am I alone in not wanting Kaori to live? Not because I hate her or anything, I just think at this point it would be a total copout.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Am I alone in not wanting Kaori to live? Not because I hate her or anything, I just think at this point it would be a total copout.

I don't think that will make or break the series for me by itself

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Still beautiful, still depressing

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Was this a part 1 chapter? It was much shorter than the last few have been,

joined Nov 11, 2020

Bro this manga will end so bad omg
(Just my opinion)
Its giving me vibes from your lie in april

To reply you must either login or sign up.