Thank you, Kami-sama!

sanshouowo Uploader
Output-onlinepngtools(4)
Homusaki Shikibu
joined Jul 10, 2021

cute n gay

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

This makes me realize how much I prefer Himawari-san over Miss Sunflower, but with that said the happiness I feel at finally seeing a new chapter makes me not particularly care.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Personally I'm always in favor for keeping the Japanese names and honorifics for authenticity and nuance but I'd gladly take a miss sunflower over no sunflower any day. I'm so glad this is back <3

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Great to see another chapter at last :)
I always profered miss sunflower- normally i would rather have the original japanese name but I got used to sunflower over many years.. But then I was getting used to Himawari-san so now miss sunflower seems a bit strange lol.

Is Kawaii and Sexy not working on it any more? I see this chapter was done by a new group?

last edited at Jan 30, 2022 9:02AM

Adashima
joined Sep 3, 2018

After the notice of the series finally ending I lost all hope for this to get picked up again. Thankfully got proven wrong.

Thanks Gouma-den and thanks to Kawaii Scans for working on this for so long, hope we can all get to see how this will end <3

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

I would understand preferring Himawari-san if that was her name, but it isn't. Sunflower Books is the name of the shop, so everyone just calls the shopkeeper Ms. Sunflower. There's no familial relation between the current and former Ms. Sunflowers.

joined Jun 21, 2021

I would understand preferring Himawari-san if that was her name, but it isn't. Sunflower Books is the name of the shop, so everyone just calls the shopkeeper Ms. Sunflower. There's no familial relation between the current and former Ms. Sunflowers.

I mean, there doesn't have to be? Every shopkeeper of the bookshop is gonna be "Himawari-san" bc that's their name/title for being the shopkeeper, regardless of relations. I don't exactly remember if the previous Himawari-san opened that shop (or if that was ever brought up) but chances are her actual name wasn't Himawari either

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Oh, what a treat this was to find.

This manga really surprised me a few times with its mood. At first, it gave off really cold vibes, which made me a bit worried that it's how it would be. It especially fit considering how cheerful Matsuri was. Having this really cold bookstore owner and this cheerful high school girl. Now, that's partially what this story is about of course, but I just expected way more extreme... Uh... Coldness from our current miss Sunflower.
Luckily the mood really warmed up after just a few chapters, which I was glad for. Because this really turned out to be a warm read. The second thing that surprised me was how introspective it was... Introspective? I think that's the right word to use here. I expected a bit more of a typical slice-of-life manga, but instead, I got a very deep and emotional look at some of the characters' backstories and personalities. With the constant back and forth jumps between the past and the present, we can see the same characters in a different light and see how they got shaped to be the way they are "in the present". While I know it'll be a weird comparison, this reminded me a bit of "Haru and Midori". Just... Well... Less heavy? If that make sense? Being done with what's translated, I might re-read that one. Might be I remembered it all wrong.

Now, from what I understand the story is at least 3 volumes ahead of what's available here, but I'll still have to ask (and wait for future updates to get my answer) about how will it go for those two. So far the manga dances around the issue of Matsuri having to move on or going to college and all that. While I wouldn't expect a sad ending, for some reason I wouldn't be surprised to receive a bittersweet ending from this story? Oh well, hopefully, there'll be a good end for those two.

joined Jun 21, 2021

Ami-chan: shows Himawari-san some clearly romantic BL manga
Himawari-san: "They seem like good friends :)"

Poor Matsuri, she's gonna have a hard time xD

joined Jan 14, 2020

I guess I need to re-read, I don't recall who most of the characters are. Or are we having an unusual flood of minor characters?

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Minami has been my favorite from the beginning, so it's nice to see her get some attention after all this time.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

... even though there's a school festival, there wasn't enough Matsuri in this chapter.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

... even though there's a school festival, there wasn't enough Matsuri in this chapter.

While literally true (Matsuri is a delight, and there can never be enough Matsuri), the fact that it’s been well over a year since we’ve seen a Matsuri-focused chapter (and a full year since any chapter at all) makes it seem far worse. If we had been getting monthly installments it would feel like business as usual for this (absolutely charming) series.

0ee2c60a-7956-404b-9118-b3d2a41bdeae
joined Dec 7, 2020

They seem like very good friends

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

I’ve not read a single chapter of this but i noticed it started in 2011 lmao. Yall been reading this over 10 years is it any good?

10 years

crumbles into dust

I remember being so into this manga and how I really loved Matsuri and her being a loveable bundle of joy. Just her being the sun to Himawari-san fills me with life. But yeah the updates have been really slow to the point I'm forgetting already. I even forgot to buy physical copies of this which I was planning to do before covid.

See you guys again in January 2023

I'm expecting it but I also hope not pls.

Anyway this is a wholesome series that I enjoyed before and I'm happy to see return.

FreyjaWolfieN65
Yuu%20koito%203
joined Feb 8, 2022

Wow the comments are so old... UwU dang, why is the last chapter posted on the first time himawari-san goes to watch matsuri TwT it's the first time she wants to see matsuri instead of other way around dangg

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

RIP your pun. A good effort. Much appreciated.

Imgonline-com-ua-compresstosize-vijden3cpybzpq
joined Feb 27, 2020

I used to read this back in the day, but dropped it, did they acc make any progress in their relationship?

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

Oh no cliffhanger... I wonder what happened there. It's been so long but Matsuri is sickly I think...

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Probably a parent cancelling so her effort into finishing whatever it was was for nothing? Maybe? Possibly there'd be an answer in previous chapters ...

RIP your pun. A good effort. Much appreciated.

Ha (:

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Oh no, is that drama on the horizon?!

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

What do you call that kinda skirt? Does it have a panier or some kinda support under it? Seems like it must.

p.s really liked this chapter- some wonderful matsuri expressions and little moments of connection!

last edited at Feb 11, 2022 9:33AM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

What’s with the sudden “Himawari-san” after 30 chapters of “Miss Sunflower”?

The new translators changed it to the original name. Then a reader named Oomuro Sakurako complained, so they changed it back to Miss Sunflower.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

I must admit, not getting to see Himawari-san in that dress is a bit disappointing, but man that was a really good chapter. I had a giant cheesy grin on my face for most of it.

last edited at Feb 23, 2022 2:19AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.