Forum › Can't Run From My Student discussion

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Please be kind, and please consider reading the rules before posting.

Rule 10 specifically may be of interest:

Tags are meant to inform users so that they may interact with works that appeal to them, and avoid those which do not. If your comment on a given work could be summed up as a comment on the tag itself, please avoid making the comment. Repeat offenders may be disciplined as necessary..

Thank you.

Illyasvielgay
joined Mar 6, 2021

Daphie's Het spree continues
not another age gap
the lettering is actually really sick though what the heck when did you level up so much

last edited at Jan 10, 2022 12:50AM

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

You know, as much as I hate gacha games, I tend to enjoy characters that are addicted to them for some reason. Something about it being portrayed the way it is here is oddly endearing to me.

All in all, this seems like it could be a fun read. I look forward to more.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Feel we're gonna need a tsundere tag for this one

Also gotta say, this girl has bad taste in romantic partners. I mean I'm one to talk, like jfc, but I'm currently not enamored by this dude lol. He seems like he sucks. I dunno maybe I see too much of myself in him.

Hope he grows on me, this is cute enough so far.

joined Jun 5, 2018

I honestly dont mind the teacher, its the student I really dislike. Man, imagine being so stuck up, what the heck. Besides, most people should realize teachers are humans too. As long as he gets his job done, there's no need to walk an extra mile... I hope Prez becomes less extreme and also less tsundere (the tsun and dere needs to be turned down a notch), because suddenly kissing someone is not ok. Especially since this can cost the teacher his job and freedom and reputation, ruining his life.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Looks like a standard josei thingy, much like sweet boy.

Nothing to write home about imo, but to each their own.

joined Jan 14, 2020

most people should realize teachers are humans too. As long as he gets his job done, there's no need to walk an extra mile.

She's obviously trying to reconcile the difference between her crush and her standards; she rags on him because she wants him to be better, because she cares.

That said, I can (kindof) see a super-studious #1 in class president having a random crush on a teacher, even this one, but jumping to "marry me" seems kind of ridiculous. Granted I'm not native Japanese, and maybe next chapter will make it a bit less insane.

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

honestly i never usually read the credit pages but Daphie and Chads are the of the few ones I end up reading now, really like those fun and energetic messages hahaha

Bring on the age gap series, I trust your judgement

joined Aug 21, 2017

I think this is a nightmare scenario for the teacher. An underage student just forced herself on him and asked him to marry her. In addition, she's the class president, so if she wanted to, she could probably get him fired and ruin his life by accusing him of something or the other. I think I would be pretty dismayed in his position.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

I think I realized the point where I immediately was wary of the teacher is when he goes "I'll pay you back with my body", like, before any kind of relationship is hinted at. It's a... VERY inappropriate joke for a teacher to make. And y'all are talking about how this must suck for him but like, he already invited this kinda shit by making awful jokes like that.

Playing games at work, yea I do that I relate. Smoking at work, a bit much but okay, hes just human and has his vices. Weird creepy jokes on the students? Ehhhnnn bad judgement my man, you're lucky shes into you.

joined Jun 5, 2018

I think I realized the point where I immediately was wary of the teacher is when he goes "I'll pay you back with my body", like, before any kind of relationship is hinted at. It's a... VERY inappropriate joke for a teacher to make. And y'all are talking about how this must suck for him but like, he already invited this kinda shit by making awful jokes like that.

Playing games at work, yea I do that I relate. Smoking at work, a bit much but okay, hes just human and has his vices. Weird creepy jokes on the students? Ehhhnnn bad judgement my man, you're lucky shes into you.

True, I kind of made myself forget about that sexual joke. This manga is off to a rough start, as many people have pointed out already. (By that I mean, the quality of the writing. But its only the first chapter, so I wouldnt worry too much.)

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Uwewewewe

joined Oct 2, 2021

Amazing.
Was waiting for the usual wahhh wahhh there's het swimming in my dynasty-scans cornflakes type comments. Good to see none yet.
Interesting first chapter too.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Amazing.
Was waiting for the usual wahhh wahhh there's het swimming in my dynasty-scans cornflakes type comments. Good to see none yet.
Interesting first chapter too.

There is Pekoe's warning at the top so let's not start a fire for nothing.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Good to see none yet.

How sweet of you! Good to see you too!

joined Sep 6, 2018

Teacher’s mindset is akin to a janitor’s way of thinking. May he get demoted, then married… hence a double demotion!

Nah, I’m just kidding… the girl is too good for him, so she’s the one taking the hit to her life. There’s gotta be a selfish reason why she “popped the question”. She’s got a few skeletons in her closet, I guess.

This will be a fun, cautionary tale of teachers getting emotionally attached to their students.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

/clicks on discussion with trepidation.
/sees OrangePekoe's post at the top.
/thinks "Yup, this is the community that we know and love!"

Nya-chan posted:

Agreed (on this one--I like Sweet Days with a Boy). The setup, at least, feels pretty derivative. Like, it's fun, but it's nothing I haven't seen before. And maybe that's just the result of being a manga/anime consumer for over 40 years.

I'll need to give a few chapters to see where it goes.

last edited at Jan 10, 2022 10:29AM

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Also gotta say, this girl has bad taste in romantic partners. I mean I'm one to talk, like jfc, but I'm currently not enamored by this dude lol.

It's not about "this dude", he's just conveniently there.

As for his behaviour, I'll fully agree his way of interacting with his student is inappropriate... But entering a romantic relationship with them is actually much worse, and it applies to literally all and any story with these tags, so I don't think he's particularly worse than the other generic teacher characters in these stories.

Img_5033%204
joined Jan 18, 2021

I don’t like Het. That said, Princess Daphie has a really good track record of putting out mangas that I like, and she has read further than any of us. She deserves some slack.

last edited at Jan 10, 2022 1:08PM

joined Feb 1, 2021

It sorta feels like I'm being pandered to, somehow, with the main dude, he's just too schlubby. I don't mind age gap or teacher-student, per se, but for me it does have a higher bar to clear than "regular" romance to demonstrate that the relationship is worth the trouble for both of them; I'm not seeing it yet, but then it's only the first chapter.

last edited at Jan 10, 2022 1:32PM

Adashima
joined Sep 3, 2018

The lack of gratefulness for Daphie's work hurts smh.

Thanks as always Daphie, looking forward for this series, looks super fun.

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Daphie's Het spree continues
not another age gap
the lettering is actually really sick though what the heck when did you level up so much

Sorry for another age-gap, haha, that's really my thing ^_^ But thank you for that compliment! I'm always doing my best and whenever I start a new series, I try my best to find a unique font set that fits the series. On the one hand, I'm super happy about your comment, but on the other, I fail to see where it was worse before, hahaha!

Well, Sweet Day with a Boy IS another of my manga, not surprising, haha!

She's obviously trying to reconcile the difference between her crush and her standards; she rags on him because she wants him to be better, because she cares.

That said, I can (kindof) see a super-studious #1 in class president having a random crush on a teacher, even this one, but jumping to "marry me" seems kind of ridiculous. Granted I'm not native Japanese, and maybe next chapter will make it a bit less insane.

"Would you go out with me with the prospects of marriage?" is or was a thing in Japan, based on manga reading. So yeah, it doesn't strike as THAT out of place to me. Sure she's going on strong and fast, though.

honestly i never usually read the credit pages but Daphie and Chads are the of the few ones I end up reading now, really like those fun and energetic messages hahaha

Bring on the age gap series, I trust your judgement

I'm happy you're appreciating my afterwords! They're a thing I started doing really early on, and I've been adamant about keeping doing it.

Yeah, the guy really made a stupid joke there, but I could really see someone who's lowering his guard do this (and probably regretting it later on, haha)

I don’t like Het. That said, Princess Daphie has a really good track record of putting out mangas that I like, and she has read further than any of us. She deserves some slack.

Thank you! And no one is forcing anyone to read it! If anything, maybe my recent slew of het has made people more aware of the existence of the tag. I hope you do like this one as well of course :)

Thanks as always Daphie, looking forward for this series, looks super fun.

And thank you!!! I hope you'll have a blast. I know I have so far. I have 3 more chapters in the bin, so I'll try to work on them as soon as I can. For now, Sweet Days #15 is in the active slot, haha!

joined Dec 30, 2020

i was really trying to ignore the reality of what i was reading and ship the nurse with the prez but i don't see that working out for me.

generic het normally doesnt make it to dynasty so i guess i gotta wait and see what's actually happening in the story beyond the initial setup

last edited at Jan 10, 2022 3:51PM

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

I love age gap, but responsible student x useless adult teacher has been overdone and feels bland

joined Aug 21, 2017

You can be the sweetest, juiciest peach in the world, and some people still won't like peaches.
This forum is full of peach dislikers, put simply.

To reply you must either login or sign up.