Forum › Throw Away the Suit Together discussion

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

It seem that the path to a much more peaceful life is finally about to settle in.

Remember,kiddos,persue the path of decent happiness and decent pay,never the path of large pay with tiny happiness.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

It seem that the path to a much more peaceful life is finally about to settle in.

Remember,kiddos,persue the path of decent happiness and decent pay,never the path of large pay with tiny happiness.

I read a book recently describing the upwardly-mobile careerist appearance-oriented approach to life like this: "And then one day they look around and realize their life is all wrapping and no present."

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Remember, kiddos, pursue the path of decent happiness and decent pay, never the path of large pay with tiny happiness.

In America the path usually is tiny pay, large workload and tiny happiness.
Demo ii no? Honto ni sore de...

joined May 1, 2015

I got a feeling that Seto chan has/had love troubles.
It is harder on those sort of far away/middle of nowhere type of places.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

…also am I crazy for wanting a poly ending where they include the boat lady?

No you're not, I immediately felt like there was some cute chemistry going on as well xD

Naaah, I’d rather it remain a couple in this case. Just a feeling I got. And honestly, they were much more forgiving of someone stealing their bike than I would have been.

I'd have been FORGIVING; I suppose it was an understandable mistake and she didn't take anything, including their so-essential wallets.
But they were acting downright GRATEFUL, and I wouldn't go that far. They're talking like it's thanks to her that they have their stuff . . . but sheesh, it's thanks to her that it was gone in the first place, so.
On the other hand, it's probably a good move. That girl is their first social contact on the island, and small communities run on social contacts. Cultivating her is a lot smarter than blowing her off would be, that's for sure. And she seems nice.

Yeah, they were definitely on the grateful side of things and that just feels wrong to me. Look, even if she sees this all the time, at least take it to the police or lost and found and let it sit for a day or two before claiming it. The only reason she didn’t keep it is because their belongings were in there. Otherwise she was going to do what she wanted with the bike, no questions asked.

I’m probably the only one that doesn’t think she’s incredibly nice, but that’s fine. Maybe she’ll warm up to me later on.

joined Dec 5, 2019

Thank you very much for the translation, I love the art and the couple!

The way that Hi-chan called Seto "senpai" during the gay talk makes me think they both had an unspoken understanding that Seto was gay too

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Should the angst tag be applied only to the first chapter? Because everything's been just so wholesome after that.

joined Jan 14, 2020

->A third character is introduced
Dynasty forum : "Is this polyamory ?"

-> A character is introduced
Shipping begins.

joined Jan 14, 2020

I got a feeling that Seto chan has/had love troubles.
It is harder on those sort of far away/middle of nowhere type of places.

Especially if you're gay.

Even if the local society is tolerant -- which, rural Japan, no bets -- you're a minority in a small population, so just finding another gay person, with mutual attraction, is harder. One reason gays often move to The City.

17fc5f58-a1a6-4fda-9386-99deb9efe203
joined Mar 24, 2020

listen listen I'm just sayin.... it'd be cute if they all dated

joined Nov 22, 2019

Ahhh, this is so good. I love the way the couple is portrayed like, you know, a couple. Take this page for example, https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/throw_away_the_suit_together_ch04#13 They are just genuinely enjoying eachother, being themselves and expressing affection. Reading this i was surprised at how hard it is for me to think of a time when the main couple in a yuri has been openly affectionate in public. Maybe they hold hands and get embarrassed, but I don't think I've ever read something that portrays two women in love as well as this has.

last edited at Dec 31, 2021 4:56AM

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

No you're not, I immediately felt like there was some cute chemistry going on as well xD

Naaah, I’d rather it remain a couple in this case. Just a feeling I got. And honestly, they were much more forgiving of someone stealing their bike than I would have been.

I'd have been FORGIVING; I suppose it was an understandable mistake and she didn't take anything, including their so-essential wallets.
But they were acting downright GRATEFUL, and I wouldn't go that far. They're talking like it's thanks to her that they have their stuff . . . but sheesh, it's thanks to her that it was gone in the first place, so.
On the other hand, it's probably a good move. That girl is their first social contact on the island, and small communities run on social contacts. Cultivating her is a lot smarter than blowing her off would be, that's for sure. And she seems nice.

Yeah, they were definitely on the grateful side of things and that just feels wrong to me. Look, even if she sees this all the time, at least take it to the police or lost and found and let it sit for a day or two before claiming it. The only reason she didn’t keep it is because their belongings were in there. Otherwise she was going to do what she wanted with the bike, no questions asked.

I’m probably the only one that doesn’t think she’s incredibly nice, but that’s fine. Maybe she’ll warm up to me later on.

My interpretation of the line about being thankful was that they were thankful a nice well meaning person like her took it (and brought it back) rather than it getting taken by someone else who might have just robbed them and sold the bike.

joined Jun 11, 2016

At first I was rather upset that they weren't more pissed off at her for literally stealing their bike.

But then I understand their point of view and get why they're more grateful than mad and was less pissed.

Still don't like that senpai much, but she might grow on me later.

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

I almost feel that this girl fall in love for this couple

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

Yo, put the wholesome tag on this right now, and don't argue. It deserves it.

Screenshot_3
joined Jun 24, 2021

this art is a blessing from the heavens

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Shipping begins.

-> The leads don't have hardcore sex on the first three pages.
"Why is this tagged Yuri? Should I keep reading?"

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

Remember, kiddos, pursue the path of decent happiness and decent pay, never the path of large pay with tiny happiness.

In America the path usually is tiny pay, large workload and tiny happiness.

Ouch.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Shipping begins.

-> The leads don't have hardcore sex on the first three pages.
"Why is this tagged Yuri? Should I keep reading?"

Tfw the poly people and the pro- and anti-NTR folks start having an argumentative three-way.

joined Jul 17, 2021

goood stuff

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

Shipping begins.

Way to call me out

joined Jun 5, 2021

Tfw the poly people and the pro- and anti-NTR folks start having an argumentative three-way.

My official prediction is that Ms Bikethief has a long-term useless boyfriend that she's currently on an extended break with, and he's going to be the NTRee when our primary lesbians pull her into a polycule.

last edited at Jan 2, 2022 10:48PM

joined Feb 18, 2015

My interpretation of the line about being thankful was that they were thankful a nice well meaning person like her took it (and brought it back) rather than it getting taken by someone else who might have just robbed them and sold the bike.

I frequently ship poly but I'm not going to jump on this bandwagon quite yet, mostly because this couple is just too dang sweet and it seems like their relationship is pretty strong, based on the short background we have on them. Of course, this could be the high of doing something totally off the wall and fairly romantic and they could run into the cold hard realities of being an unemployed couple in a tourist area in the off-season VERY soon... And really, poly relationships are not for everyone and none of these characters have given any indication that they are poly.

I was really skeptical about the bike-taking diving instructor from the start. I don't care how often people dump working bikes on the beach around where you live, that really DOESN'T give you salvage rights to one that you found there without verifying that the owner isn't coming back for it in a couple of hours. Yeah, it probably wasn't in a legal parking spot, but she is also NOT a member of the police force and wasn't going to turn it in. She was making the assumption that it was a derelict vehicle that was only good for scrap until she found that there were purses with IDs and cash inside stored in it.

That said, I kind of understand why the two protagonists are soooo thankful to her for returning their own property... they were freaking starving and she showed up at just the right time to not only provide them with the means to purchase dinner but she also took them to one of the few open restaurants on her boat. She could have just left the bike in their front yard, knocked on the door, and run away (or hid). Then they would have opened the door, found the bike, and not known who it was that took it in the first place, but they also wouldn't have had any clue where to go to get food at that time of night and probably would have run all over the place until they found out that they needed to go to a different island to get food. So they probably would have ended up eating convenience store junk, if there was one available. For that matter, she could have just left the bike and not even let them know about it, figuring they'd find it in the morning.

Of course, having heard the exclamation that they were getting married while she was bringing their bike to them, she was interested in meeting these two anyway...

last edited at Jan 4, 2022 4:35PM

K7gwfbovdc
joined Dec 2, 2021

New girl is legit, love her already and I can't wait to see how things go for these two crazy kids on their journey to happiness.

Greenmage%202
joined Jul 29, 2017

so cute

To reply you must either login or sign up.