Forum › Lily System discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Kiana posted:

What the heck is that supposed to mean?

I'm wondering the same. Feels like there's something lost in translation.

I think it's pretty clear though?

The "lies" will be revealed later probably, but what she means is that inside a tale, things must be true. There's no need to lie.

Something like, the flower fairies mentioned in Ch5 are kissing, but she pretends, inside the story, that it's not because they are in love, but because of some made up reason. Or whatever awakens isn't love. Or something like that.

So, she's lying.

And Mizuki can probably detect the lies, because she knows what Nana has in mind. That novel is probably a projection.

last edited at Dec 23, 2021 5:50PM

Wiwaxia-sketch
joined Nov 9, 2021

Yeah, I read it as Mizuki accusing Nana of not being emotionally honest in her writing, but phrasing it in the least helpful way possible (possibly because she wants Nana to put the pieces together herself?).

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Kiana posted:

What the heck is that supposed to mean?

I'm wondering the same. Feels like there's something lost in translation.

I think it's pretty clear though?

The "lies" will be revealed later probably, but what she means is that inside a tale, things must be true. There's no need to lie.

Something like, the flower fairies mentioned in Ch5 are kissing, but she pretends, inside the story, that it's not because they are in love, but because of some made up reason. Or whatever awakens isn't love. Or something like that.

So, she's lying.

And Mizuki can probably detect the lies, because she knows what Nana has in mind. That novel is probably a projection.

That or the message/theme behind the story is a lie that the author doesn't believe and that insincerity comes through to the reader.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Chapter 11 basically confirms the lie is just Nana not being honest about her feelings.

last edited at Dec 24, 2021 11:38AM

joined Jul 8, 2019

So, chapters 1-9 were the novel she was talking about in chapters 10-11....
...unless...
...unless last page of chapter 11 means that chapter 10 is a "how they got there" flashback

Yeah, DEFINITELY requesting what the fuck am I reading? tag for the whole thing

last edited at Dec 24, 2021 1:37PM

Adashima
joined Sep 3, 2018

Pretty sure chapters 10 and 11 happen chronologically before chapter 1 and they work as flashbacks after they fell to the water. I imagine next chapter would be back to the present.

Thanks as always for this Rehashed Scans, daily updates are quite the Christmas present <3

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Thanks as always for this Rehashed Scans, daily updates are quite the Christmas present <3

Aren't they just? I love Yoshitomi Akihito's yuri work, and these updates have been a real treat.

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

Leaning closer into my hypothesis about the machine trying to get her to admit her feelings. Maybe, just maybe, it's even a plot set up by Mizuki.

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

maybe she just need to be honest about her feelings

Png-clipart-mega-man-x-mega-man-zero-2-mega-man-zero-collection-mega-man-bass-others-miscellaneous-video-game
joined Dec 18, 2021

The fuck is going on?

joined Feb 1, 2021

Very worried about the implications of this for future VR nookie.

last edited at Dec 25, 2021 11:32AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

"I accidentally my totally-not-crush BFF, is this bad?"

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

This aesthetic may be dated but that just makes it better. blue reflection is weak

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Thigh pinching: Awkward VR control interface, perhaps?

Still confused.

joined Oct 3, 2016

Okay. What the love am I reading? I'm starting to get super confused

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

god,i'm confused and i love this

joined Jul 26, 2016

Okay. What the love am I reading? I'm starting to get super confused

You're reading a Yoshitomi Akihito manga; [visible confusion] is a perfectly normal reaction and no cause for alarm.

Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

What the whatting what?

joined Jul 8, 2019

What the whatting what?

why the fuck isn't still there the "what the fuck am I reading?" tag?

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Sooo... it's working off the "VR headsets are actually mind uploading" trope?

joined Jan 14, 2020

Or "the brain scanner was disguised as a VR headset".

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

At this point I don't really care that I don't know what's going on but I still love this story. Let's jump down the rabbit hole and see where it takes us.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Will only true loves kiss wake her?

joined Aug 29, 2019

Will only true loves kiss wake her?

Only one way to find out!

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Well what do you know, a kiss does wake up the princess.

To reply you must either login or sign up.