Forum › School Zone discussion

joined Mar 31, 2017

it is just talking nonsense

It's not. Go match up the Unicode and Shift-JIS representations of the characters in the original text and you'll find out what it says. If anything, the way I made my text corruption is way easier to decipher especially since I pasted the whole text up there.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I'm wondering how Tsubaki has gone from mind broken to a total siscon. I mean Yokoe didn't change that much after geeting érejected" because she was already a bit of a goofball before but Tsubaki wasn't that much of a siscon before Hiiragi choose another school.

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

I'm so confused still like why is her sister even apologizing like it seems stupid

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

Yeesh, Hiiragi owes her sister a massive apology. What an asshole.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Lilliwyt posted:

I'm wondering how Tsubaki has gone from mind broken to a total siscon. I mean Yokoe didn't change that much after geeting érejected" because she was already a bit of a goofball before but Tsubaki wasn't that much of a siscon before Hiiragi choose another school.

Puberty hits hard!

joined Oct 30, 2018

Some more backstory on Hiiragi and it is not painting her in a good light at all. Definitely not my favourite character still.

last edited at Dec 13, 2021 1:22PM

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Yeah, that’s a pretty shitty thing to do to your sister. Hiiragi owes Tsubaki a pretty massive apology. I could be mistaken, but it looks like Tsubaki passed on the elite school too (unless that’s the one that they’re at but seems not to be given Yokoe’s study habits). So she kept her sister from attending a better school, even though she was secretly taking an additional exam anyways, so why bother? Also, can’t believe the parents allowed that too. I always wondered what the beef was between the two, but didn’t think it would be Hiiragi acting out because she felt inferior to her sister. Damn.

Honestly, I hope Tsubaki can learn and grow from Yotsuba and the others and realize that it wasn’t all on her. Make Hiiragi realize she screwed up and is missing out on her sister’s presence because of her actions.

I hope Hiiragi can also grow with the friend that she has, they honestly both probably needed to branch out a bit but no reason to hurt each other in the process.

Helmet
joined Jun 9, 2021

Wow, Hiiragi just keeps getting worse and worse. How can someone who is supposedly so talented be so dumb?

It's not even like I can't understand her situation. I was totally overshadowed by my older sibling growing up, they always won the awards and my parents always gave them all the love and attention, while I was scolded and punished for not living up to the standard. We even fought occasionally, but I don't think I was ever so utterly devoid of awareness that I couldn't recognize someone else's good intentions.

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

Hiiragi and Tsubaki just annoy me at this point.

last edited at Dec 13, 2021 1:45PM

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Nothing angstier than twins in a yuri manga

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Dang, what with the hate on Hiiragi ? What she does is pretty understandable. Imagine having your twin who always relied on you suddendly becoming better than you at everything but still thinking she is worthless without you. Hiiragi is just angry that her sister can't realize how good she is and instead insist on puttting herself down. Imagine how frustrating that is, having someone who is better than you but insisting on telling she is bad, it's extremlyfrustrating.
If i agree that not telling Tsubaki she didn't want to go in the same highschool was not the best thing, you have to understand that Hiiragi know that Tsubaki would have follow her anywhere and continuing putting her in her shadow.
It's for the best like Tsubaki mention, if it mean Hiiragi can be happy then maybe it's better if they're in differents highschools.Plus they see each other at home anyway.
This situation remind me of the Hino/Saya relation is often portrayed in more serious Bang Dream doujins.

Fowgib%20me%20(2)
joined Nov 28, 2021

Dang, what with the hate on Hiiragi ? What she does is pretty understandable. Imagine having your twin who always relied on you suddendly becoming better than you at everything but still thinking she is worthless without you. Hiiragi is just angry that her sister can't realize how good she is and instead insist on puttting herself down. Imagine how frustrating that is, having someone who is better than you but insisting on telling she is bad, it's extremlyfrustrating.

The reason for the hate is because, well, it's something that could really have been solved by any amount of communication at all. Even yelling or screaming about it would be a wake-up for Tsubaki. But instead, Hiiragi just lets everything happen and keeps it secret and even makes their parents keep things secret. It's frankly ridiculous, at least IMO, that neither parent would have the two sit down and talk.
Teenagers will be teenagers, sure, but there are so many better things you can do than letting someone continue to deceive themselves. Hiiragi is just being disgustingly selfish by not even telling her twin the truth of "I don't want to keep doing the same thing as you," or "You're doing so well that it's making me feel like I shouldn't even try."

Like, there's tons of people who put themselves down while being good at something, but playing into their delusion by saying nothing and just acting distant only feeds into it. Hiiragi wanting to be separate from Tsubaki is fine, but the way she's going about that isn't justifiable. She's just being a dick.

last edited at Dec 13, 2021 3:51PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

It could be taken as Hiiragi being fine when the situation was reversed, when her older sister was in the shadow instead.
Is not that her sister was better than her at everything, now we know that Tsubaki just tried harder, it wasn't a natural talent, she stayed up late studying and practicing to keep up with her sister and because of that diligence she took the lead, but Hiiragi didn't have the same motivation so of course she was left behind.

But I think the main problem was that these two refused to socialize with other kids, they only had each others all the time, plus an awful communication problem, both of them go with assumptions only, look at the end of the chapter, Tsubaki keeps asking questions after question (and to herself too) but she gets exactly ZERO answers from her sister or her parents, they refuse to talk out of shame? despise? jealousy? who knows! better keep hating and ignoring.

If Hiiragi had spoken sooner, at least she and Tsubaki wouldn't have to waste their time in that stupid exam but both her parents and her decided that hurting her and lying was the best solution. Honestly is all really just awful.

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

what the hell Hiiragi,she just want to be with you
i hope she will apologize to her later

i understand her feelings but,does she need to go that far?

last edited at Dec 13, 2021 4:06PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Don't act like Tsubaki wouldn't try to take the same exam of where Hiiragi wanted to go. Like whether she say it to her or not wouldn't have change that Tsubaki would have take it badly.It was the better solution. Hiiragi can try to leave her sister shadow and Tsubaki can stop relying and comparing to her sister.
Why this forum choose carefully when a teenager can act irrationaly or not ?
And like someone is thinking about it.

last edited at Dec 13, 2021 4:11PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Yup she would've tried but only based on the assumption that Hiiragi wanted that too, that's what she was assuming all this time and when Hiiragi had the idea to tell her parents about the school change, that's when they should've sit down as a family and fix things. You saying that this is the better solution is really hard to believe, communication and understanding can fix most of these problems, but Hiiragi and her parents refuse to talk about it (With Tsubaki, they had no problem talking about it themselves) and even after going to different schools you can see through the manga that she tries over and over again to at least have a good relationship with her sister with small talk but the response she always got was despise.

And of course I'm not forgetting that Tsubaki is a siscon crossing the creepy line sometimes and having some distance is good for both of them, but this is also the result of not talking and then taking radical decisions.

I Get that this is a manga about highschoolers, so they leave the focus and problem solving to them but that's why once in a while we get .... this... And it doesn't look good.

Machi_12696
joined Feb 2, 2020

That was a great chapter actually, love it when this manga suddenly has a serious chapter. This author has potential

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Sure, but . . . there they are, so close to each other as to exclude everyone else, she knows she's by a mile the most important thing in her sister's world, and she never bothers to say a single word to give her twin the slightest clue of what was up in her head before dumping her cold. I don't see how you can bitch about someone being frustrating if you've never given them the slightest hint that they're frustrating you. "Acting vaguely sullen" is not a hint because it gives no clue why you're acting that way--might have meant she had a philosophical crisis of meaning, might have meant she was being abused by a teacher, could be anything.

And I mean, it's clear Tsubaki would have altered her behaviour in any way Hiiragi asked, and that it was totally obvious she would. So if she didn't like how their dynamic was playing out, she could have said she wanted a different one and that would have happened. If she didn't know what she wanted, she could have at least talked it out. Instead she runs this deception with no purpose except to delay Tsubaki finding out until it was too late for her to, I dunno, re-switch or something, not apparently caring that the collateral damage is Tsubaki not getting into the school she wanted . . . although, come to think of it, even that school wasn't Tsubaki's own choice, it was Hiiragi's pick, so she was yanking her chain from the beginning.

Basically, this is Lucy / Charlie Brown / Football stuff except she's yanking away their relationship instead of the football.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Well officially i hate hiragi....

C67
joined Aug 19, 2021

Damn Hiiragi u little shit

last edited at Dec 13, 2021 7:09PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Damn, Tsubaki really went through something painful right before high school. That said, I'm still curious about Hiiragi's side of the story.

And here i thought i were the only one who doesn't hate Hiiragi

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

All that and we still dont know what Hiragis problem is

joined Jul 26, 2016

All that and we still dont know what Hiragis problem is

...the general gist of it really should be fairly obvious by this point. But I'd say the lower right frame here encapsulates an important part of it.

joined Jun 30, 2017

Leaving aside the issue that all of this mess could have been avoided if Hiiragi had had the guts to say a single sentence about her plans or her feelings to Tsubaki...

You may not realize this, but high schools in Japan are a big deal. They can have a huge impact on your acceptance into a prestigious university, which in turn will have a huge impact on your job prospects (much larger than how well you actually study at that university). By refusing to simply tell Tsubaki that she wanted to go to a different high school, and thereby letting her deliberately downgrade to a lesser school than the one she wanted, Hiiragi may have damaged Tsubaki's future prospects very badly out of nothing but petty spite and insecurity. In Tsubaki's position, I'm not sure I could ever forgive that.

Also, this is making me hate Hiiragi a great deal indeed, but objectively their parents are even worse. It was their responsibility to step in and clarify the situation when Tsubaki turned down her first choice of high school under the impression that she would be going to the same place as Hiiragi. They knew Hiiragi's plans. They have failed their daughters quite thoroughly.

To reply you must either login or sign up.