Forum › Please Bully Me, Miss Villainess! discussion

joined Aug 29, 2019

Unless I'm missing some cultural giant taboo about giving someone else your leftovers (I'm not exactly familiar with Chinese culture), I'm on board with Elsa having hacked the system. With her insane magic abilities I wouldn't put it past her.

joined Oct 2, 2021

Depends what you class as leftovers.

2232-2
joined Nov 13, 2017

Unless I'm missing some cultural giant taboo about giving someone else your leftovers (I'm not exactly familiar with Chinese culture), I'm on board with Elsa having hacked the system. With her insane magic abilities I wouldn't put it past her.

From what I've been taught, it is considered very bad manners to finish all of the food on your plate. It is akin to telling the cook, "You thought this was enough food for me to eat?"

catsfootironclaw
Imagem_2021-10-09_150323
joined Oct 9, 2021

From what I've been taught, it is considered very bad manners to finish all of the food on your plate. It is akin to telling the cook, "You thought this was enough food for me to eat?"

the exact opposite thing is true in most western cultures.... hm....

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

She's so gonna feed her the leftovers all romancy

200069l%20(1)%20(1)
joined Dec 25, 2015

Thought this was gonna have tons of bullying, but then it's all just kawaii lovey dovey stuffs.

Rsz_wa
joined Sep 5, 2019

That's the weakest bullying I've ever seen lol

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

I know, right?! Where are the wedgies, the swirlies. And the purple nurples?!

joined Aug 29, 2019

I know, right?! Where are the wedgies, the swirlies. And the purple nurples?!

That's still weaksauce. Where's the exclusion, otherization and dehumanization? Can't really bully someone as long as they're seen as a human being with rights. Gotta make sure everyone knows that basic human decency doesn't extend to that thing, then no one will bat an eye if you do awful things to them.
Too real?

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Omg that task doesn't realise that's exactly what the herione wants.

joined Mar 20, 2012

The web novel not being translated is the first time I have ever given learning Chinese a serious thought, if only if was as easy as learning Italian or French, or even Japanese :(

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

system-san,i don't think you know how to make her suffer XD

it'll only make her happy

if they ship them too (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.)

last edited at Dec 3, 2021 5:53AM

Dont%20ruin%20your%20life%20stardom
joined Apr 21, 2020

Well, the point is that one of the tasks is dramatically easier than the other two, and in a scenario that just involves cold food, the harsher options still probably can't get that harsh. I think the idea is that you say she's poor and needs charity, and that you would give her old food you wouldn't necessarily want to eat anymore.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

I think the idea is like, feeding her the scraps or something, and like telling her to be thankful and lick the plate, or dumping the food on her “accidentally”. Just the typical otome isekai bullying tactics. Like if you got a piece of crust and were told to eat it by a bully.

Of course we all know this is going to turn into Yvonne hand feeding Elsa bites of her sandwich

Okay%20magge
joined Mar 5, 2021

time to read the webnovels, I feel like there's a lot of details being skip out and I need to know everything about them can some one send me a link. I don't usually read Chinese webnovels

joined Jun 5, 2018

the exact opposite thing is true in most western cultures.... hm....

I dont think its in chinese culture either... Finishing your plate (especially if there is a cook in your setting, meaning youd be inside a restaurant, and in chinese restaurants you always eat together from a side dish that is in the middle for everyone with your own rice bowl) its only natural to finish what you picked from the side dishes.... And in a household, ive never heared about not finishing your plate. In fact Id agree that its better to finish

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, that went about as expected. :D

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

I hope she isnt too dense and realizes that SHE is the love interest.

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

It's you, you're the love interest

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

time to read the webnovels, I feel like there's a lot of details being skip out and I need to know everything about them can some one send me a link. I don't usually read Chinese webnovels

If you do read em, could you do us a favor and give us story details that'd help make this a bit clearer for us back here? =w= I'm enjoying this, but I feel I'm not following 100%, like there's some details being left out.

joined Aug 29, 2019

That might still take a while, despite how obvious Elsa is being. After all, the notions of two girls going out seems to be foreign for her as well.

joined Jan 14, 2020

I liked the touch of Yvonne, as an isekai and not a native, not realizing how expensive cinnamon and sugar would be.

(Or at least would be in a medieval European setting. I forget the 'time' of the game, but seems kind of later?)

joined Aug 29, 2019

I liked the touch of Yvonne, as an isekai and not a native, not realizing how expensive cinnamon and sugar would be.

(Or at least would be in a medieval European setting. I forget the 'time' of the game, but seems kind of later?)

I don't think that logic applies, seeing as we have magic for many things that would technologically only became commonplace in the latter half of the 19th C or even later (see the note from chapter 7 about running water, stoves and even fridges powered by magic). Unless, of course, Evie having those things is also extremely uncommon, which did not seem to be the case, otherwise Elsa probably would have noted that as well.

last edited at Dec 4, 2021 2:01PM

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

That might still take a while, despite how obvious Elsa is being. After all, the notions of two girls going out seems to be foreign for her as well.

I feel like she's having a similar conflict to Rei, where she sees herself as someone who doesn't deserve to be with the heroine and cant be
All her internal monologues have been about her trying to protect the heroine so she can live a happy life with one of the male love interests and she sees herself as an interloper who can only do bad things to Elsa
she doesnt see herself as capable of or worthy of being loved, in a similar way that Katarina in Hamefura can't see the affection of those around her because she's locked into this idea of being a villainess who could unintentionally hurt those around her at any time, and as someone who could be betrayed or abandoned at any time

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

That was a lot of saliva in that bite. Good.

To reply you must either login or sign up.