Forum › VAMPEERZ discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Another reminder that these idiots are only still alive because they're immortal.

Talk about "life hacks" . . .

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

On that note, despite the sturdy-looking safe, I'm really worried that Arthur and Maoa will be a bit too "distracted" to look after the sacred sword properly.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Oh dear, they woke up Petyr.

I suppose I shouldn't quote myself. I was referring to this Petyr:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs2kVatQKkA

Somehow although the vibe is really quite different, this sometimes has me thinking of What We Do in the Shadows.

last edited at Oct 26, 2021 4:15PM

Img_20210826_205427
joined Jan 24, 2021

PEAK MANGA, will be buying it once it starts releasing : ) (next year)

F94f4454-2d43-4522-a33a-00c2b6de5666b
joined Jul 24, 2020

hopefully the ogre won't be homophobic?

Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

Oh dear, they woke up Petyr.

I suppose I shouldn't quote myself. I was referring to this Petyr:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs2kVatQKkA

Somehow although the vibe is really quite different, this sometimes has me thinking of What We Do in the Shadows.

I'd pay big money for season 4 to just be a adaptation of Vampeerz in the style of What We Do In The Shadows

Img_20210826_205427
joined Jan 24, 2021

also for anyone wondering where you can pre-order the English physical release. You can do it on Book Depository or Amazon ( on amazon searching just Vampeerz doesn't show anything idk why but if you search "vampeerz manga" it shows)

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

also for anyone wondering where you can pre-order the English physical release. You can do it on Book Depository or Amazon ( on amazon searching just Vampeerz doesn't show anything idk why but if you search "vampeerz manga" it shows)
Also Italian, and German. English is the only one not ready yet.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Actually she will be the smartest. Remember, the longer you live, the more memory you lost. Khara was pissed off that Aria (no doubt she is the oldest of the group) forgot who she is. Then Maoa was delighted that Aria could not recognized her let alone what she used to do. Also when pressured, Aria will turn into a kid with kids behavior.

Hence by calculation, if Ichika is turned, she will be the youngest and be able to remember a good amount of memory when she was still human.

I'm not really seeing the relevance, memory does not equal "smarts" however defined and I don't remember seeing any indication whatever (very) long-term memory issues the Lilu might have - and I'll remind you Aria has talked about the "first civilizations" of Mesopotamia in a rather familiar tone so it's probably more of a "what you pay real attention to" thing - affected their practical skillset and problem-solving ability.

Arguably Aria is wont to act like a kid because that's what she physically still is - she never went through all the neurological changes that happen at the end of normally living peoples' growth phase, and that physiological immaturity can overwhelm her experience. Plus her status as de facto royalty equivalent is such she can get away with it among her, ahem, vampeerz.

So by that measure if Ichika gets turned now she'll similarly be eternally stuck with the wiring of a young teen with all that entails. A horny young teen at that... so you'll probably end up with Sakuya 2.0.

Salama
joined Jun 11, 2015

I know people have a lot of opinions and feel differently about this manga, but I really really enjoy it. That's all.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

The whiplash from violence and horror/scary stuff to cute yuri is still so jarring for me, even after some 30 chapters lol

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Did Sakuya just make that random girl into a Lilu...? I don't remember if there are any other prerequisites or whatever (there probably are), but it seems like a weird thing to do ten pages after she was like "DON'T DO THAT TO ICHIKA..." though that's probably a special circumstance and all.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Did Sakuya just make that random girl into a Lilu...? I don't remember if there are any other prerequisites or whatever (there probably are), but it seems like a weird thing to do ten pages after she was like "DON'T DO THAT TO ICHIKA..." though that's probably a special circumstance and all.

Humans only turn into lilus by drinking their blood, not the other way around (see magical glowy ants). Mid-coitus blood sucking has always been Sakuya's kink.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Mid-coitus blood sucking has always been Sakuya's kink.

To each their own, I always say. (Safe, sane, and consensual, of course.)

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Absolutely Not.Once you finished 31, you will get the answer. Let just say it is absolutely not a wholesome chapter and indeed tragic. If you cannot wait, then read the previous post for the spoilers I wrote. I suggest you not to read the third and the major one, because there is where the meat is.

Also I understand the dialog, but it is not quite 100%.
Finally if the mangaka kept digging the hole deeper and deeper wth no sign of a good ending, I may want to drop it. 31 chapters, 6 Tankoubon (I have them all). I do not want to read anything that has a sad ending after that many chapters. I made it, for Citrus, only because I have a strange habit of reading backwards, just so I know what sort of ending is that, and then decide whether I should spend any energy reading that. I have re-read Citrus many times, and I always skip Chapter 36.

last edited at Nov 24, 2021 2:57AM

joined Feb 22, 2018

For the record: Ibbi-sin, King of Ur, was captured by the Elamites in 1940 BC. So Aria is right around 4000 years old.

F94f4454-2d43-4522-a33a-00c2b6de5666b
joined Jul 24, 2020

the power of lesbians is too ppwerful for the transformation to go wrong though

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

So basically the exact same reason they don't want to make the protagonist of Tonari no Kyuuketsuki-san a vampire.

Who had the brilliant idea of introducing this "failure" concept to vampire stories? It's weird it already happened twice in yuri.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

I really like how this series is developing. I want more Khara chapters though.

And good job on the editing as usual!

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Arguably Aria is wont to act like a kid because that's what she physically still is - she never went through all the neurological changes that happen at the end of normally living peoples' growth phase, and that physiological immaturity can overwhelm her experience. Plus her status as de facto royalty equivalent is such she can get away with it among her, ahem, vampeerz.

So by that measure if Ichika gets turned now she'll similarly be eternally stuck with the wiring of a young teen with all that entails. A horny young teen at that... so you'll probably end up with Sakuya 2.0.

Absolutely. This however leads to this question..what kind of mental state Gika has since she really is just a kid. Plus she is the progeny of Aria. And like Aria, was born around or before 1690.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Who had the brilliant idea of introducing this "failure" concept to vampire stories? It's weird > it already happened twice in yuri.
What are the other ones? I want to stay out of any vampire yuri that has a sad ending.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

the power of lesbians is too powerful for the transformation to go wrong though
I hope so. I don't think Aria will make Ichika until Ichika is in mortal danger, as in, dying. Another way is every luli have been subdued by Gika, with Aria left. So even a sacred sword wielder, she can die. So this will be a gamble to take for Aria to make Ichika.
o matter what happen to this scenario, the subtitle will be useless. It will not be the little love story between a human girl and vampire girl.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

I guess I did an OK job just to make spoilers, so my Japanese classes decade ago is still somewhat handy. I guess I did get the major points pointed out.
OK, Ichika's problem asides.....
As long as we have Shadi (and Khara) every issue, even if we have major or even tragic ending, I will still buy when the zine comes out right at midnight.

One thing I have learned so far. Sure the guy spent his day job drawing Loli (and VERY GOOD at it), does not mean he does not want to come up from the basement to try a more "general" wise genre. He got a false start in Prism (actually that is my favorite of his, including the more major Loli which I half hearted read just to see what sort of artist he is).
Neverestimate the knowledge he has for his (at least Yuri). He definitely knows what he is doing. I think most people will be stuck with Eromanga after the tracing that he did. But Tsubomi is really a Yuri anthology, so there is a limited readership. Sunday GX on the other hand, is a major publication. You can find all sort of manga being drawn there. Also, you can tell whether the magazine is popular or not simply by looking at their prizes, such as newcomer award. Plenty of money. $20,000 for a first prize.Special prize $10,000. Even being picked for a console prize for $5000.
So yes, despite still mainly a Eromanga artist, Vampeerz, as opposed to be published in other Yuri magazines, got picked up by a major magazine which Blue Lagoon has been there for 20 years and still counting...

last edited at Nov 25, 2021 2:07AM

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

of course there's a risk to be a Vampire

well,the only choice is,take the risk or not

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

I’m sorry, but Ichika saying she wants to love Aria for a thousand years is such a 15 year old thing to say. She really is quite casual with all these promises.

To reply you must either login or sign up.