Forum › Kami eshi JK to OL fujoshi discussion

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Wow.
Just.

WOW.

I was not expecting that!
This was such an amazing chapter!!! It really did just keep getting better and better with each page!

I thought I'd read something light-hearted before going to sleep but this was not a good idea. I just keep going

GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

(in my head)
It was just so exciting! I went and hyper-enthusiastically brushed my teeth, but I still couldn't vent off the excitement so I came to write this lol

I just can't. Everything about this was perfect! Such great balance of hotness and cuteness! The almost complete absence of anything related to BL was so surprising but welcome! (even though I don't actually mind it most of the time). I'm glad we didn't miss Ai's gushing, though (only the theme had shifted somewhat....) lol

Also, Misumi actually making such a grand statement... Can't wait for the next chapter!

Edit: I wanted to add that Ai's face at the bottom panel here was so great! It's kind of like she started all strong and assertive, only to realize how outrageous(?) this was and falter half-way through... This mix of determination and shyness/awkwardness was awesome!

last edited at Sep 29, 2021 9:12PM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I was like, good, good. Going the wholesome route, she is a minor, after all.
Then she forces her to grab her breast! Whoops! Too far! Sirens! A kiss!
The tension makes it exciting, haha.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

princess_daphie posted:

Your reaction comment is epic and super welcome! Had been a while since I heard from you as well (i blame MDpocalypse!!!) I'm so happy this chapter was as amazing to you as it's been for me and I'm glad to see a healthy comment page after waking up this morning.

It's really just too cute :) Almost too much, hahaha! I simply cannot wait for the next one...

Hello again! yeah that was a big factor but I also went through some roughs times myself x/ even if I read the chapters, I couldn't get into the mood to comment or anything... ANYWAY this mangaka is truly wonderful! subverting expectations, keeping things fresh and delivering fun and tons of pages too, there were so many nice moments from previous chapters that I wanted to talk about too but I missed the timing, but I can't stop loving this one.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

At some point will this be love triangle? Or is the young mangaka sure enough of her love for the OL that the other mangaka basically has no chance?

Also, why not have OL write JK's next doujin???? That's her skillset.

last edited at Oct 1, 2021 8:04PM

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

IM SCREAMING
THEYRE SO CUTE
FUCKKKKKKKKKKK

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

i am blessed to read this, i relate to Ai on a spiritual level as a yuri fan lmfao
us yuri fans should really have a proper name like the fujoshis do!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Something like this? Although like fujoshi, it only applies to female fans.

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

So the initial date for an update was last week, but the date got pushed to late November, so I'm still waiting!!! I want moooooooooreeeeeeeeee!!!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

princess_daphie posted:

So the initial date for an update was last week, but the date got pushed to late November, so I'm still waiting!!! I want moooooooooreeeeeeeeee!!!

To be frank, are we really ready for whatever it's coming next? XP

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

I was like, good, good. Going the wholesome route, she is a minor, after all.
Then she forces her to grab her breast! Whoops! Too far! Sirens! A kiss!
The tension makes it exciting, haha.

Saaaame! Dude I was like Noooo Ai-san!?! You're better than that. If it were truly for the heartbeat she could've placed it more in the upper middle (in the middle of collarbone and breast) the heart sits closer to the left side but still in the middle of the chest. I would have accepted a sudden hug, but hey what can ya do. The kiss I approved of but the sudden forced groping was like WOAH FBI OPEN UP XDDDDDD

last edited at Oct 28, 2021 9:53PM

joined Mar 26, 2014

Something like this? Although like fujoshi, it only applies to female fans.

Dude yeees that is hilarious hahahahahahaha
I usually just say yuri fangirl. GL too is used. Fan of GL

joined Mar 26, 2014

Totally looking forward to more! I do like that it's a pure take on an age gap. I read a few or have read a few. This one seems very interesting and adorable.

I'm glad it isn't the angst or outrageous like some others cough cough I'm looking at you My Dear Teacher and Hoshikawa Ginza District 4 (outrageous).

High school age gap is acceptable to an extend, but Ginza had a teacher being romantic with a middle schooler... That I could not approve of. Like if it were two adults or even a 17 year old then frenching would be acceptable but using tongue and beyond with a middle schooler is just gross. I don't even care that it's fictional. Just no.

Adult is 18 and over (mostly cause I'm American).

More to the point: That's why I DO LIKE THIS MANGA. Because it's really sweet in a way and wholesome.
Hopefully it stays comical and lighthearted cause it does these two things well.

I hope it moves the focus and that we get to see Misumi grow up (18/20) so they can be more open about their relationship. They do seem happy and that to me is important and it seems more like to idiot friends hanging out (idiot as in like silly not to be taken offensively) and having butterflies lol

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

going to meet the parents huh, well good luck is all I can say here because god an office lady in a relationship with a high school girl is never going to look good is it.

Very excited to see a trainwreck in motion next chapter haha

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Oh man, time to meet the parents. Here we go!

Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

Next time, on To Catch a Predator-

Really though I hope it goes well, this is going to be a very, very awkward chapter.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Oh Thank God! she didn't met the parents now, the hospital bill would kill me if I take too much at once... I just finished reading Ienai himitsu and then this pops up too! Have mercy! lol, yeah this wasn't the big encounter we feared and yet, this chapter is still packed! we extend the A M A Z I N G scene from the store, we get to see some of Misumi's internal struggles, what hurts her and what she wants and the embrace of her lover. That was soooooooo gooooooood.

On top of that, not one but TWO offers for serialization! oh my God! maybe she truly is a Goddess? and what the teacher said is cold but true, it's not a recommended job, after all, you get paid as long as you're serialized so you have to be on top of your game always and fight the tides, it's really stressful ! But isn't that the same for most professional works? is not more or less stressful than working on a big company, as doctor or researcher, is just different, she was actually too hard, asking "Are you making money from it ?" Huuuuuh? do you ask that from all your students ? are they getting paid while going to the University? you're supposed to guide them to their desired path, not tell them what to do, if you want them to take specific choices then don't ask them what they want to do ! JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW HOW IT WORKS DOESN'T MEAN IT'S BAD!

Baaaaaack to the yuri... we didn't get to see the parent's reaction but judging by Misumi's seemingly relaxed call, it wasn't so bad? but I bet she omitted the most difficult parts.

We're going to really exotic waters mates, tides that even the same age yuri works avoid (not even YagaKimi went there) the parent meeting, whatever happens from this point onward is uncertain, don't lose hope! this ship won't sink!

Akiko%20megaer%20think%20smaller
joined Aug 7, 2021

Every chapter of this never fails to put an enormous grin on my face. It's just the right balance of weird, funny, and cute. I have high hopes for Ai meeting Misumi's parents to provide all three.

joined Jun 11, 2016

This series is amazing lol. It doesn't have to be this bold, but it did. I'm so excited for the next chapter, can't wait to see how it will be.

joined May 1, 2015

OL is going to have a death battle with the parents.
I can feel it.
That is a joke off course, I am hopeful that we get to see a heart to heart.

Blue_izumi_hair_glasses
joined Aug 1, 2020

Oh dear... we are on DEFCON 5, here...

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

This is a catastrophically bad idea.

I mean, I'm sure it won't end in prison, this isn't that kind of series, but I mean, "caution to the wind" doesn't really do this justice.

joined Jun 25, 2021

next chapter is going to be very
very interesting

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

This went from 0 to 10000 in the blink of an eye. Like, is commendable that Ai is willing to take responsibility but boy, Misumi's parents are going to have the surprise of their lives, their kid is not only seeing someone older but a woman to boot.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

This went from 0 to 10000 in the blink of an eye. Like, is commendable that Ai is willing to take responsibility but boy, Misumi's parents are going to have the surprise of their lives, their kid is not only seeing someone older but a woman to boot.

On the other hand, though, this is the best step for her manga career. Even if the initial meeting will most likely be a mess, Misumi is right about moving to Tokyo being for the best if she wants to take this seriously, and having Ai to support her can be what truly allows her to do this.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Easy. if she was going to live with a man, parents would probably have misgivings.

But with a woman? Unless a surprise coming out, they'll be fine with it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.