Forum › Majime Girl to Seishun Lingerie discussion

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Tho it is weird that it japanese sizes so we’ll have to translate in our heads, as far as I know there’s no such thing as G in American sizes it just goes to double D but IMO it’d be cooler if it just went down the alphabet and you could be like “me? I’m Z cup!!” Tho that’d prolly hurt ur back

Really? I heard American sizes go waaay beyond DD. Wikipedia seems to suggest they go all the way up to R.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bra_size

Oh, and apparently Z cups do exist. The person with the world's biggest natural boobs is 102 ZZZ.

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/bestoftv/2012/07/18/drew-woman-largest-natural-breasts.hln

I was thinking it's super weird to think that US sizes don't go past DD. Maybe you've only seen sizes in special fancy bra stores like Cotton On Body (do you have Cotton on Body in the US? Absolutely nothing in there fits my massive boobs).
There's even a throwaway comedy line in Hairspray where the store owner asks "DD?" and she answers something like EEE. So ...

I wouldn't know what a G is in JP though. Let's go to that bra size Wiki page and find out ;)

Edit: Wow. This bit of info "except for the initial cup size letters are neither doubled nor skipped." (initial being AAA). So JP cup size G would be ... ... ... ... ... I give up. This is a mess between inches and cm and not even standard (going up by 2.5cm in JP and 2cm in EU. Who even thought up these systems?

last edited at Oct 15, 2021 3:36AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Looks like Gerry has finally learned Shion's special skill. :D

Screenshot_3
joined Jun 24, 2021

not sure if this will develop into something, but ill just read

joined Aug 17, 2021

I was thinking it's super weird to think that US sizes don't go past DD. Maybe you've only seen sizes in special fancy bra stores like Cotton On Body (do you have Cotton on Body in the US? Absolutely nothing in there fits my massive boobs).
There's even a throwaway comedy line in Hairspray where the store owner asks "DD?" and she answers something like EEE. So ...

I wouldn't know what a G is in JP though. Let's go to that bra size Wiki page and find out ;)

Edit: Wow. This bit of info "except for the initial cup size letters are neither doubled nor skipped." (initial being AAA). So JP cup size G would be ... ... ... ... ... I give up. This is a mess between inches and cm and not even standard (going up by 2.5cm in JP and 2cm in EU. Who even thought up these systems?

Prolly the same people who thought it was ok to have “sizes” instead of measurements. I still dunno what a size 12 is and the heck that means.
Plus as your frame gets bigger you have more breasts tissue but you are still a lower cup??
Idk why I never heard of it getting higher, bein trans kinda means that I’ll always have “missed the day at school where these types of things were explained” persay. And no matter how good of a start to a one shot yuri manga it is I do not go up to randos on the street and quiz them about their boobs

joined Nov 9, 2019

I feel like this’ll be educational to all girls who lack real knowledge about their boobs and bras

Probably insofar as "maybe I should look into this", but I'd be wary taking whatever edification this manga does as gospel ... ^^;

I mean it's pretty much accurate so far. Like don't just take random info from manga, or pretty much any singular source as fact, but aside from the specifics of sizing varying around the world everything here is fine.

Reminds me of the talk in r/abrathatfits , holy land

Same~ was really eye opening seeing how completely off the sizing I got from a store was.

joined May 1, 2015

Man, I never knew how difficult it was to pick bras.
I had an idea but this goes beyond what I had imagined.
Interesting story.

Download
joined Aug 25, 2019

Tachi, just because you create a manga about the importance of wearing bras, you're not going to get me to wear them.

Dear lord, if an A-cup is rare, then even Japan won't have my size.

last edited at Oct 17, 2021 10:58AM

joined Sep 11, 2019

There's just complaints about how unstandardized bra measurements are and it's like such a bother to keep note if you're buying in a foreign country and they give you something different from your home country.
Is this some girl problem that guys shouldn't really know or care about?

joined May 2, 2019

It's not everyday you see people trying to do citations properly.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Aha! So she is rich.
Man, I'd love to be able to buy bras for my new friends ;)
Holding it to ransom levels the funny even more.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Matching underwear. You know, like all good friends.

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

I just love the main girl's attitude too. I thought she was gonna go with the whole "breast envy" routine, but nope!

Smol%20dankkonata
joined Oct 10, 2018

While interesting I wonder if this will ever go yuri... probably not farther than subtext from what I've seen so far.

joined Jul 15, 2021

This is a really cool manga! That being said, there is a major problem with the sizing in chapter 1!

There's a problem with the EU bra sizing system, where the band's are actually made 10cm too big, and you end up with a smaller cup size than you should. This matches the +4 practice that is common at EVERY SONGLE RETAIL LINGERIE STORE WITHOUT EXCEPTION where, in UK or US sizes, they will tell you a band size that is 4 sizes too high, and a cup size that is (at least) 2 sizes too low.

In reality, Umemiya Ran (our main character) should be a 55D (or a 26D in the US or UK systems) instead of the 65A/30A she was told.

You might notice that her underbust measured 65.5cm, which is equal to about 26.1 inches. The UK system is the more popular with with people in the ABTF (A Bra That Fits) community because the proper band size actually matches your underbust measurement.

The rest of their advice is still 100% true, though, including the actual method for measurement, just not the final size!

If you want to know more about this stuff, I very highly recommend looking up A Bra That Fits! There's a wonderful Reddit community and Discord with people who know way more than I do!

last edited at Oct 26, 2021 10:27PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

dankkonata posted:

While interesting I wonder if this will ever go yuri... probably not farther than subtext from what I've seen so far.

joined Jul 15, 2021

I read the rest and this series is really great!! I love the genuine positivity anout having small breasts, it's amazing to see!

That being said, I'm still genuinely offended that they told her the wrong size bra in a manga about lingerie!

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

Waiting for this to get recognized with at least a Subtext tag, that whole segment with Gerry just staring at Ran’s body seemed… hmmm….

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

There's just something magical about a whole manga kind of dedicated to how to buy and care for women's underwear, haha.

I certainly know those "wire sticking out" feels - ouch! #bigboobproblems

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

This is a really cool manga! That being said, there is a major problem with the sizing in chapter 1!

There's a problem with the EU bra sizing system, where the band's are actually made 10cm too big, and you end up with a smaller cup size than you should. This matches the +4 practice that is common at EVERY SONGLE RETAIL LINGERIE STORE WITHOUT EXCEPTION where, in UK or US sizes, they will tell you a band size that is 4 sizes too high, and a cup size that is (at least) 2 sizes too low.

In reality, Umemiya Ran (our main character) should be a 55D (or a 26D in the US or UK systems) instead of the 65A/30A she was told.

You might notice that her underbust measured 65.5cm, which is equal to about 26.1 inches. The UK system is the more popular with with people in the ABTF (A Bra That Fits) community because the proper band size actually matches your underbust measurement.

The rest of their advice is still 100% true, though, including the actual method for measurement, just not the final size!

If you want to know more about this stuff, I very highly recommend looking up A Bra That Fits! There's a wonderful Reddit community and Discord with people who know way more than I do!

That's a really weird rant to go on considering these characters are neither in the US, EU nor the UK... Are there actually Japanese people in that reddit thread that you consulted? Cause ... like ... even AU sizes are different from the three you mentioned, as well.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

What we thought was jealousy turned out to be a wire sticking out instead.

She's still blushing like crazy, though.

joined Sep 11, 2019

Feels subtext but also probably not

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

yeah honestly I can't believe this isn't even subtext haha

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Tachi's motto: doing gay things is more fun if you keep yourselves 1/8th in denial at all times.

joined May 23, 2017

Yo it has to be yuri by now lol. Or at least subtext

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Shirataki: “what do you do when the girl you like says she wants to see you in cute underwear, but you know she has a thing for wearing and buying lingerie? Is she just in it for the lace???”

last edited at Nov 10, 2021 11:35PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.