Forum › My Girlfriend's Not Here Today discussion

Tumblr_inline_nhvrix3pa41suuiq8
joined Feb 16, 2018

This gonna be the best kind of messy

Images
joined Dec 15, 2016

Huehuehue the cheating has started, her reasons are really stupid, but I am enjoying this manga, really interested In how things will play out.

78519a80bda4a346c682b1a92a6a70883ccaf876ac706c027e9425ec84be03c5
joined Nov 28, 2017

Good dramaaa x3

catsfootironclaw
Imagem_2021-10-09_150323
joined Oct 9, 2021

Is this.. manga a response to Hana no Arashi? the MC looks like Chidori and everything about both couples seem very similiar, this seems like a cynical take on it.

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

Kinda obvious fuukos luring her in while she's most vulnerable, hell she might even know its their anniversary, but it's probably better than Nanase

joined Mar 26, 2021

Idk if someone write it her, but atfer this chapter and when Fuuko said "im not their number one" when Yuni was talking about her family, so I thought maybe just maybe Fuuko and Nanase are sisters not like blood related and Nanase might be number one for their parents since she do sports, unlike Fuuko that looks like a lazy person. So she found out that Yuni is dating Nanase and decided to Yuni become her number one and steal her from Nanase.
That scene in that room after percing her ear I think at that moment Yuni would cheat with any girl that said she is her number one. I hate cheating but im curious how the story will go from this point

joined Oct 2, 2021

Fan-fuuko-tastic

Sono.hanabira.ni.kuchizuke.o.-.atelier.no.koibito-tachi.full.1462399_avartar
joined May 28, 2015

The inevitable NTR !

joined Jun 21, 2021

This series has a pretty interesting take on cheating and how it happens and I kinda like it. Cheating is obviously really shitty and I don’t condone it, but I’m a lot more tolerant of teens doing it while they still lack maturity and are more naive. You’re so young and vulnerable at that age, just expressing your frustration to your significant other can be a hard thing to do(hell that’s still hard for the average adult to do)

Idk I just kinda appreciate the reality of this writing. The girls are having a troubling relationship, and it’s really easy to be manipulated or exploited when you’re vulnerable and just want someone to appreciate you

Untitled-1
joined Feb 6, 2017

I don't think anyone (except maybe Fuuko depending on how master manipulator she's being) has done anything wrong from a moral stand point yet. It's really unfair to say a couple closeted high school girls are all not decent people are abusive or whatever yet based on this.

In my opinion, realizing your current relationship isn't working even if it's because of "cheating" by making out once isn't a bad thing. Especially because Yuni wasn't even tempted to cheat until she realized she how unhappy she is. The bad thing is not acting on that unhappiness by continuing to date the first person while cheating on them. If Yuni uses this as a springboard to communicate with her girlfriend or to break up with her, then all of this is just normal growing pains for teenagers in their first relationship. I doubt the manga will go that way because drama, but everyone is still good in my book as of this chapter.

Nanase is clearly more in love with volleyball than her girlfriend and there's a cultural reason she thinks that's okay because Japan's model of success is the "man" works 24/7 to support the family and the "woman" waits patiently at home cooking and cleaning. If she ultimately can't make time for her girlfriend such that they're both happy, they should break up and that's okay.

Yuni just wants to be with her girlfriend. She wants to feel valued and for her girlfriend to be considerate of her feelings by showing her gestures of love and appreciation. Because they have terrible communication, it's possible Nanase honestly doesn't realize how bad it's gotten in which case Yuni needs to learn to communicate her needs honestly. If she can't do that or if Nanase doesn't compromise after being told, they should break up and that's okay.

Fuuko is definitely the creepy one with her stalker tendencies, but if we give her the benefit of the doubt and all she's doing is following Yuni around because she's a lonely baby gay who finally found another LGBT friend, then she really just needs to learn some boundaries which is not unusual for a teenager. If she's been intentionally putting a wedge in by targeting Yuni when she's desperate and planning to interrupt their anniversary then she's more of a scumbag. And she needs to learn not to mess with people. Possibly with therapy if this is about her family problems and less about Fuuko herself just wanting a girlfriend. Even then, while she needs behavior correction, she's just a kid and can hopefully grow from here.

I'm looking forward to the train wreck after this where all of my careful considered character analysis goes right out the window for the draaaama. :D

Gfkenr4j2k-2
joined Aug 7, 2019

WOO THE CHEATING HAS BEGUN! LOTION UP EVERYONE!

joined Mar 30, 2020

Plotwise this is so much better than the author’s previous work, I’m kinda shocked. I’m rooting for the cheating lesbians! Nanase can choke, I wish Yuni broke up with her right away but i doubt it will be that easy.

Jamal_Williams69
joined May 13, 2018

thanks, I hate it

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Ok the characters may not be the brightest tools in the shed, but that scenario and position is kinda lewd

Yuri Newbie Fan
joined May 16, 2021

I’m not into with cheating but I will have an exception for this one, I’m not the type who wants all of my lover’s time but dedicating most of her life than our relationship is too much and take things for granted what little things we have can break me completely.

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Good lord this getting messy. When this entire mess unravels, all hell is going to break lose and it will be glorious. Would love a chapter that goes into the mind of Nanase as I am curious to whats are her deep thoughts on this relationship.

joined Feb 7, 2017

Nothing gets my heart going doki doki more than a dramatic yuri kiss scene. I really like Fuuko so I really hope she wins out in the end even if she's being manipulative about it.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

MC denying that she's doing anything wrong lmao. This is so frustrating.

joined Sep 28, 2017

I really love this one. Cheating is one of my favorite fetish... err, tags, and I really like this one since it's not just cheating for the sake of it, but it shows the emotions and the psychology of the cheater, so we can feel more empathetic towards them and "justify" her "sin".
I'd really love if she ended up with the earring girl instead of the volleyball obsessed girlfriend.

last edited at Oct 21, 2021 7:28PM

Iloveherface
joined Jul 12, 2020

I didn't know that getting ears pierced would be hot

Same how I get the feeling that this series will have 2 volumes worth, I could be wrong.

joined Aug 13, 2021

spicy drama
i like Fuuko's angle, she's both manipulative and candid about the whole situation, interesting compared to the other two who can't be honest about their intentions or priorities

joined Feb 9, 2021

Oof, it has finally begun. Prepare for the drama

joined Mar 8, 2019

Reply dump...

Idk if someone write it her, but atfer this chapter and when Fuuko said "im not their number one"... So she found out that Yuni is dating Nanase and decided to Yuni become her number one and steal her from Nanase.

That would be a good twist.

Idk I just kinda appreciate the reality of this writing. The girls are having a troubling relationship, and it’s really easy to be manipulated or exploited when you’re vulnerable and just want someone to appreciate you.

Totally agree. Well written because of how real the situation is and how the characters are acting. At this age, every thing feels extreme because you're experiencing things for the first time. You make mistakes along the way but hopefully they learn something from this.

Nanase is clearly more in love with volleyball than her girlfriend and there's a cultural reason...If she ultimately can't make time for her girlfriend such that they're both happy, they should break up and that's okay.

I don't know if it's the model per se. I don't exactly remember if she's doing this for college or hoping to get a career out of this? Right now it seems like it's fun for her and she's really good so she's getting proper recognition for her efforts so she's really happy and dedicated. And I get that it isn't healthy to center your world on your lover, but I think Yuni would be happy if she's thrown a bone here and there but as of now, it seems Nanase forgets about Yuni when volleyball and other people are around.

Yuni just wants to be with her girlfriend.... If she can't do that or if Nanase doesn't compromise after being told, they should break up and that's okay.

She loves her though so it's hard to let go for her. Right now, that one good thing her love does matters more than all the negative during the honeymoon phase. It's been six months so now things are starting to boil over and that good deed chip is starting to weigh less and less.

Fuuko is definitely the creepy one with her stalker tendencies, Even then, while she needs behavior correction, she's just a kid and can hopefully grow from here.

I see her more as an opportunist. Fuuko wants the girl she likes to feel loved and wanted and I'm all for it. She likes Yuni and sees an opening so she takes it. Right now she seems to be the one who can provide Yuni what she wants/needs so she feels like the better match and she knows it so she wants to prove it to Yuni. Of course I wouldn't be surprised if there's a twist about why she set her sights on Yuni.

spicy drama
i like Fuuko's angle, she's both manipulative and candid about the whole situation, interesting compared to the other two who can't be honest about their intentions or priorities.

Fuuko's making a point to be at the right place at the right time for Yuni. So far, she is the one who is most honest about what she wants. She's certainly brave. First outing herself at those boys and then now, throwing herself at a taken girl hoping what she does will land her the coveted number one spot.

UnappropriatedFox
Screenshot_3
joined Jun 11, 2021

and finally... the cheating tag has came.

To reply you must either login or sign up.