Forum › Green Plum Blossom Tea discussion

Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

I'm loving the development so far, and the body language is steadily getting better, but the faces...really look like they're masks from the same mould, you know?

Maxresdefault2
joined Jan 31, 2018

Yanxing almost went for the kiss there, well done! After winning, maybe... (if they went with the Yanxing losing route... that'd be too angsty!).

joined Apr 6, 2019

I am amused at people discussing the term queen bee.

I think the problem is the difference in concepts between China and Japan. These girls were definitely not sukeban and they were even less at the top of the gyaru/popular clique. And they don't fit in the template of "female school prince" either; they manifestly don't have crowds of fangirls. We know they were alpha girls in their middle schools, but the Japanese cliché roles don't work for them. And that's fine, because this is Chinese manhua: no reason why it should follow Japanese patterns. We just have to accept that there are characters like them in China, who fall outside of our expectations.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Girls, your Gay is showing.

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

We sure they ain't dating yet?

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

I'll just have to wait for chapter 10 to see if it really continues from where chapter 1 left off, I guess...?

Well, chapter 10 really does seem to be the direct continuation of chapter 1, so I suppose that's that about the timeline thing. I still feel that the author could have done a better job with that, though. The passage of time, the change of the seasons, none of it was properly conveyed to the reader, I think.

I feel like I wanted to talk about something else too, but I'm forgetting what it was.... Oh well

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Well. Chapter 10 went with full old fashioned, no-irony corn.

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

Well. Chapter 10 went with full old fashioned, no-irony corn.

Oh I dunno about no-irony, GuGu's entry was hilarious. The team was losing badly and they were heatedly discussing how to revert the situation and then suddeny the gym door was slammed open with a BAM that made everybody jump... and anyone who is genre savvy would expect such a scene to announce the appearance of the hero of the story who has arrived late but is now going to win the game for the main characters... but it was just some random fangirl who then started jumping and cheering for her favorite player. It made me lmao so hard. XD

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Yanxing picking up GuGu to hug her and twirl her around is extremely gay

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

My thoughts exactly.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, where does your avatar come from, Cornonthekopp?

Mai%20no%20mushigurashi%2019
joined Jun 3, 2021

My thoughts exactly.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, where does your avatar come from, Cornonthekopp?

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/maple_love

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

My thoughts exactly.

Thanks. :-)

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

My favorite kind of yuri. These gals look great together.

joined Jul 6, 2020

Aw come on, let her celebrate and then study!

Violetpfp
joined Aug 12, 2021

AAAAAA KISS ALREAIDYDYADSYGDSADASIDG

joined Jul 6, 2020

My thoughts exactly.

Possibly my favorite oneshot of all time tbh

joined Oct 15, 2014

Everytime I see the credit page I automatically hear Bebe Rexha just singing "It's just me, myself and I" in my head lol. Anyway tnx for the translation!!!

joined Mar 20, 2012

My thoughts exactly.

Possibly my favorite oneshot of all time tbh

It's so freaking cute <3. Thanks for sharing it!

Sans%20titre-1
joined Dec 19, 2020

What do 'Middle School n°4', 'Middle School n°12' etc. mean exactly?

joined Sep 2, 2018

THE AWAKENING is complete! \o/
Now pleaaaase don't be one of those series where they slow burn coming out over like 5 chapter releases. The pace has been SO GOOD so far, I'm really hoping they keep the same pace.

last edited at Oct 25, 2021 1:41AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Does anyone know what the symbolism of the tangerine is, that the translator reffers to?

@Iski123 I assume their schools dont have fancy names, each district just calls its schools middle school 1, middle school2, etc- so people just say 'im from middle school 4' or whatever.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I love the new chapter :) I'm glad GuGu realises she cant just choose to be a normal friend with her.
I think she is gonna actively be persuing XingXing going forward? GuGu seems pretty brave and proactive.

I just wonder if XingXing realises its more than normal friendship she is feeling?

last edited at Oct 25, 2021 10:32AM

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Does anyone know what the symbolism of the tangerine is, that the translator reffers to?

I think they're talking about tangerines being gay, because of citrus. I only saw this being discussed among others before (I don't remember where), so I'm not 100% certain, but I think that's it.

@Iski123 I assume their schools dont have fancy names, each district just calls its schools middle school 1, middle school2, etc- so people just say 'im from middle school 4' or whatever.

That's how it is in my country as well. Or rather, (most) schools do have fancy names, but nobody actually uses them –people just call them with numbers, like they do in this manhua. For example, my elementary school was named after a historical figure, but everyone just called it "the 13th elementary of [district]" . Using the names is so uncommon, that I'm not sure if my middle school even had a name lol

Jamal_Williams69
joined May 13, 2018

So... she finally realized she ghey?

To reply you must either login or sign up.