Where can we read this? :O

Darkmaster006
Maxresdefault2
joined Jan 31, 2018

All of them are perfect!

Darkmaster006
Maxresdefault2
joined Jan 31, 2018

This manga really is perfect so far. So many situations that could have been used for needless drama (Nagisa being with Kuori when Mashira finds her) just get turned into something wholesome. And I'm really on board the RiriAmi pair!

Darkmaster006
Maxresdefault2
joined Jan 31, 2018

I love this series and I just found out that they're the same mangaka as The Aquatope on White Sand. So was the anime yuri-ish or just platonic pals saving the aquarium?

I thought the Aquatope on White Sand manga was an adaptation of the anime rather than vice versa though.

It is and i don't think they implied anything to the contrary, they just said that the artist who draws Anemone is the same who drew the Aquatope manga.

To their question, you don't need shipping goggles to see the bolded, italicized and underscored subtext in Aquatope but it all stays firmly in "so super affectionate, we're basically sisters" territory with no romantic developments whatsoever, much to my dismay.

Gal pals building their lives around each other forever and ever. That kind of subtext.

I got the impression that at first the anime was working toward a yuri romance relationship, then it swerved away to become just workplace drama, then swerved back to "hard subtext" at the end. All that perhaps suggesting the producers getting cold feet about an explicit yuri story.

I agree. They literally spent the entire first cour building up their relationship only to not really do anything with it in the second one. And there were enough opportunities to do so, they just didn't utilize them at all, was kinda disappointing and felt like they went "welp, this is done and over with, no need to ever bring it back up again".

Yay! Thanks. Saved me the time. I was traumatized with Amanchu before so I avoid watching anime similar to that. Lol

Good thing I only watched Season 1 and was wise enought to stop. It's a happy memory for me still. From what I've read they did in Season 2 and the manga... so sad. S1's ending was pretty perfect too.

Darkmaster006
Yours discussion 18 Feb 16:58
Maxresdefault2
joined Jan 31, 2018

This was really really good. The art was very unique.

Darkmaster006
Maxresdefault2
joined Jan 31, 2018

Really good manga.

Darkmaster006
Maxresdefault2
joined Jan 31, 2018

No one has read it? It's really good! The art is great, and the characters are all really cute and fun to have around. The two one-shots deserve a yuri tag, too.

Darkmaster006
Maxresdefault2
joined Jan 31, 2018

I found this on her blog: https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4047270113?psc=1&language=ja_JP
Seems to be a sci-fi yuri, looks cool, maybe someone wants to do it.

Maxresdefault2
joined Jan 31, 2018

I wish this had a series, it was really good.

Maxresdefault2
joined Jan 31, 2018

"Is it true that for an author living is wor...?" That had me burst out laughing, literally. Amazing.

Darkmaster006
Maxresdefault2
joined Jan 31, 2018

You know when you were expecting a sad twist like Ryouko was just gonna disappear or something but it was actually incredibly something and doesn't even need a sequel because it's just perfect like it is? Yeah, it's an amazing feeling. Although, of course, if this were serialised... I'd love it.

Darkmaster006
Maxresdefault2
joined Jan 31, 2018

Really good and cute and wholesome.

Darkmaster006
Maxresdefault2
joined Jan 31, 2018

First things first: Kanda Ami (because I had to look up her name!) is one of the best characters ever, I love her! Mashirocchi, Naginagi, you can't beat those nicknames! Plus, seems like she's getting the stray cat with her dumb charm haha. (And let's not forget that she made the ship before anyone else in Chapter 1!)

Secondly, this panel, it was made by the gods:
https://i.imgur.com/jBceqmA.png

"A date is something... that two people in love go on, right?" That's not even a hint right there, that's to the point! The fruit is already ripe, come on! Someone needs to properly confess soon, we really need to see them going out for a while, and not just end when that happens, that'd be extremely sad.

Can I also mention how good the art is? I'ts excellent!!

Darkmaster006
Maxresdefault2
joined Jan 31, 2018

Zhang Guo, still mysterious, but not shady, in this chapter. Was a really cool chapter!

Darkmaster006
Maxresdefault2
joined Jan 31, 2018

I'm from the future, and Chapter 29 is good! Glad I stuck out, when I started reading... this seemed like it was going nowhere and it was pretty confusing, but after a while this made more sense, plus, it's funny.

Maxresdefault2
joined Jan 31, 2018

This comment section really highlights the kind of community Dynasty has. And I used to think it was a website for gay women. Lol.

Ikr. I came to re-read and look at the comment section if anyone has a link where I can find the light novel but all I see is pointless arguments.

Agreed. This whole thread is pretty sad to see. As for the LN, you can find it in justlightnovels, have fun!

Maxresdefault2
joined Jan 31, 2018

Pretty fun so far.

Maxresdefault2
joined Jan 31, 2018

The beginning is always like this... endless hiatus...

Darkmaster006
Maxresdefault2
joined Jan 31, 2018

The two continue on... on what? Being dumb lovers, of course!

Darkmaster006
Maxresdefault2
joined Jan 31, 2018

Because of the chapter titles, I left this for last, I was even considering leaving it be for a few more chapters because of the angst... finally, I decided to read it, how great was my surprised when these titles where nothing like the content! Those were such cute chapters! This never fails to deliver, I love these two very much.

Darkmaster006
Maxresdefault2
joined Jan 31, 2018

Emielle is realy cool. She's sort of an airhead but at the same time can get serious when needed, I like her. Their relationship is incredibily similar to Yuyu and Riri from Assault Lily (and well, it's a classic too, but that's one of the last anime I've seen).

Darkmaster006
Maxresdefault2
joined Jan 31, 2018

So Chapter 3 is a story for when she was 6 years old? I'm a bit confused.

Darkmaster006
Maxresdefault2
joined Jan 31, 2018

And no, these creators are never at risk for creating gay content.

The most they risk is becoming millionaires if their work is a huge success. XD

A series I really love is Mo Dao Zu Shi, it's xianxia and it's very gay, with extremely explicit descriptions of gay sex. The original novel was published on an online platform in 2015 and then printed as paper books in 2016 and reprinted in 2018. The ongoing manhua adaptation (started in 2017) is so popular it was awarded the Best Manhua award at the Golden Rooster and Hundred Flowers Festival. The audio drama based on the novel aired in three seasons from 2018 to 2020 and has such massive popularity (hundreds of millions of playbacks) it's still today in the top 3 most listened to series in the overall ranking for audio streaming websites. The anime adaptation also has three seasons (plus a Q spinoff); the third and final season aired a few months ago, from August to October, and of course the two mcs are just as gay as in the novel and get their happy gay ending in the last episode! (Squee!) And there's a live action series as well, 50 episodes of 40 minutes each, which was filmed in 2019-2020. I've found it on Youtube and just started watching it, it seems very well made and I'm liking it a lot! (Tho I'd say... Wangji's actor is too much of a pretty boy, he should look more strong and manly!!!)

This, I think, is a good example of how gay stories are not only quite common in Chinese media but also hugely popular—and widely acclaimed!

I also love Mo Dao Zu Shi. ♡ It's a rather short webnovel (about 100 chapters) so it doesn't take too long to read, I recommend it! And if you liked it then you can move to the manga, anime, etc.

Keep in mind if you look for it that for some reason the translators can't make up their minds on the English title, I've seen it as "The founder of diabolism" and "The grandmaster of demonic cultivation" and even "The untamed" which is like wtf but oh well.

If you aren't into yaoi and would rather read something yuri, then there's Jing Wei Qing Shang or "Clear and muddy loss of love" (about 300 chapters) which everyone's been raving about lately. The plot mixes yuri romance and court politics in a Chinese-like empire, and the author herself provides these descriptors: revenge tale, mutual first and only love, slow burn, palace intrigue, emotional and physical angst, fabricated history (please don’t test for accuracy), happy ending. Oops I think the author just spoiled the ending to her readers, lol.

I want to get into JWQS, but man, it does seems really long huh. How are you liking it?

Darkmaster006
Maxresdefault2
joined Jan 31, 2018

Interesting premise, if it goes well this could be really fun so I'll give it a chance even though I was not going to, because the world of superstars can get pretty tiring. Pretty annoying to, yet again, find misinformed, red-scare, borderline-Sinophobic (if not Sinophobic) posts yet again, but best to ignore.

This will surely not go a mom-daughter route, hopefully, and it'll be really cool if both of them got girlfriends by the end of it plus bonding.