Forum › Green Plum Blossom Tea discussion

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

Chinese comics are not manga, what is the point to bring this here? why comics from China and not from France, Italy or USA? MANGA IS ONLY FROM JAPAN

Nobody gives a fuck dog. Girls being gay are girls being gay.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Chinese comics are not manga, what is the point to bring this here? why comics from China and not from France, Italy or USA? MANGA IS ONLY FROM JAPAN

There are comics and images from france, italy, and the usa if you actually payed attention. I can't think of any good reason for you to complain about getting more content but go off I guess

Iloveherface
joined Jul 12, 2020

Ouch.
I know they're into each other but still I felt Gu's disappointment

Xerine%20and%20xeri
joined Sep 30, 2021

Honestly, I consider comics from east Asia in general manga, and western stuff as comics. But that's just a label, and I'm not even claiming my categorization is objective. But like, who even cares what the label is anyway? Girls being gay is girls being gay, and if it's good, it's good. Nothing else matters, least of all the label you put on it.

That aside, heckin oof. Poor girl, hope she gets the girl soon.

last edited at Oct 11, 2021 2:37PM

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

To the people who said that we might not get the "does she like me back...?" drama
Here came chapter 5 lol

last edited at Oct 11, 2021 3:26PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Nocilla posted:

No idea what the point of this post is, given that we host comics from artists all around the world, including every country you listed. Please don't spread this ignorance further.

Any other broad, generalizing comments that have nothing to do with the content of this manga will most likely be removed. Thank you for your understanding, take care.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Goddamn, that second-to-last panel is the closest humankind has ever come to a pantyshot while technically remaining SFW. I cannot believe this wasn't on purpose. :-/

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Okay, I don't really understand what's going on anymore. In the first chapter they barely knew each other, right? And since the last few chapters all take place right after they enter high school and meet for the first time, the first chapter should be chronologically after this. But then they seem closer now then in chapter 1, I am very confused

Can anyone explain?

RadiosAreObsolete
joined Mar 6, 2021

"...could you help me deceive my parents?"
Girl, no.

Okay, I don't really understand what's going on anymore. In the first chapter they barely knew each other, right? And since the last few chapters all take place right after they enter high school and meet for the first time, the first chapter should be chronologically after this. But then they seem closer now then in chapter 1, I am very confused

Can anyone explain?

I know right? That's what I was talking about when I said that I couldn't follow the timeline!

In the first chapter it seems as though that was their first time talking...? But then in the second chapter they meet at the start of the school year, and in the third she even gets invited out on the very same day. I can only imagine that the first chapter was done before the author had a clear idea of the whole story, but I don't get what's going on.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Sure like the art style, and the gal with the high ponytail is quite a catch. Hope they find multiple subjects to tutor each other in.

joined Jul 6, 2020

Ah the classic sport hating parents

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

so when will Gu change to black thighhighs like in the cover?

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

so when will Gu change to black thighhighs like in the cover?

Asking the real questions here.

joined Jun 3, 2021

Nocilla posted:

No idea what the point of this post is, given that we host comics from artists all around the world, including every country you listed. Please don't spread this ignorance further.

Any other broad, generalizing comments that have nothing to do with the content of this manga will most likely be removed. Thank you for your understanding, take care.

The point is I don’t like China as a country, not really respecfull with LGTBI comunity at all, their comics are not good at all in my humble opinion, I don’t like them and they are a plague in mangadex and now is spreading here, sad for me :(
I dont see anywhere any comic from Italy btw, u said u host art, yea so… fan art is considered as same level as series? If it feats your argument to call me ignorant good for you, is your web you can upload bird pics if you want but it wasn’t my point at all. I ve been called dog and theated ugly but my opinion it wasnt disrespectfull at all I just dont like that kind of comics. U are the one who decide what u upload, good for you. I don’t need ofend others to express myself. Real gay XX chromosomes here, respect.

last edited at Oct 12, 2021 11:31PM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Nocilla posted:

Thanks to you for the swift intervention.

There seem to be a (very small) number of people who have a beef with manhua. No idea why...

Aizawa-san
joined May 25, 2018

these girls will have to step carefully if they plan on committing grade fraud, if they get caught the internal reportcard service will nail them to the wall

joined Dec 13, 2020

There seem to be a (very small) number of people who have a beef with manhua. No idea why...

The post right above yours might provide some clues. :'(

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@RadiosAreObsolete If we are talking when ch1 is set, it seems to be early on but AFTER the other chapters so far-
but tbh I think what that is is a more or less stand alone chapter- it was probably the test chapter that got the ok to become a serial and then the author kinda starts again, and thus they dont really fit great.

I doubt the author will bother to intergrate it in and show us when it occures- but like i said it does seem to be after these initial meeting chapters but before they properly know each other-so just consider it a flash forward to somewhere in the teens. All the other chapters are just sequential so its not like we have wierd jumping back and forth if you set aside ch1.

last edited at Oct 13, 2021 8:11AM

joined Aug 10, 2021

Nocilla posted:

The point is I don’t like China as a country, not really respecfull with LGTBI comunity at all, their comics are not good at all in my humble opinion, I don’t like them and they are a plague in mangadex and now is spreading here, sad for me :(
I dont see anywhere any comic from Italy btw, u said u host art, yea so… fan art is considered as same level as series? If it feats your argument to call me ignorant good for you, is your web you can upload bird pics if you want but it wasn’t my point at all. I ve been called dog and theated ugly but my opinion it wasnt disrespectfull at all I just dont like that kind of comics. U are the one who decide what u upload, good for you. I don’t need ofend others to express myself. Real gay XX chromosomes here, respect.

Oh no, your poor racist sinophobe feelings are being hurt. Why don't you go back to t_d then.

Nocilla, Sure... it is your opinion after all. China has the highest population in the whole world, and for a fact, I live in the 2nd most populated country ( and people think some of us are weird because they don't understand how many people live here ). If you are gonna judge a whole country for just 1-2 comic authors, you would be very very wrong! You are judging a country just becuase you sqaw a max. of 5-10 mangas in a country consisting of Billions.

joined Jul 6, 2020

Who calls themselves a "real gay XX chromosomes"??? Are they trying to say they're a terf AND a racist and sinophobe?

...anyways, weird rants aside, this plot reminds me a lot of "Did Qi Fei take flight today". We have tall long haired girl who has unsupportive parents that hate basketball, although everything else is pretty different. I agree that the faces are a bit stiff, but I think they can still get the emotions across pretty well.

I'm curious about whether the parents will break with comic tradition and actually support their kid or if they'll have to do some fake tutoring sessions. I'm kinda thinking she would just benefit from real tutoring though with those grades though...

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

I dunno man, sounds kinda gay to me... eh, probably just reading too much into it. They're just gals bein great pals, right?

RadiosAreObsolete
joined Mar 6, 2021

@RadiosAreObsolete If we are talking when ch1 is set, it seems to be early on but AFTER the other chapters so far-
but tbh I think what that is is a more or less stand alone chapter- it was probably the test chapter that got the ok to become a serial and then the author kinda starts again, and thus they dont really fit great.

Yeah, that was more or less my conclusion as well, though I guess I didn't make it quite clear with my post. Seeing how the narrative is pretty much linear since chapter 2, I kinda decided to erase chapter 1 from my mind and just see it as an alternate first meeting side story lol

Edit, cause I forgot to talk about the chapter:
I'm still kind of annoyed at Yanxing's request. If you want to go against your parents, you'll need to confront them yourself, not ask others to help you deceive them, so that they won't have a choice but to accept your decision. Is that really brave of her? It'd say it's rather cowardly and immature. I'd don't know if I'm just not a good friend XD, but I don't believe this is a favor you should ask of a friend, nor one a friend should grant you. It really is "a presumptuous request".

On an unrelated note, I feel like we were left hanging with that ball... DID IT EVER GO THROUGH THE HOOP??

last edited at Oct 13, 2021 6:59PM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

As to her actual tactic . . . I don't feel like I have enough information to judge. It may be her parents are hard-headed and stubborn and there's no way they'd give her a chance to do her thing if she doesn't deceive them.

On the other hand . . . I hate to say it, but they kind of have a point. There are millions of kids in China who are into basketball, and how many on the national team? How many girls get the chance to play professionally in any capacity? Mighty damn few. Unless her talent level is truly ridiculous (and unless she's also incredibly tall, which I'm not seeing here), it's an extreme longshot, and pursuing it could seriously impair her chances of doing other non-dead-end things with her life. Her parents may be spoilsports, but they've got a legit worry.

In some other, more slapstick comic it would turn out that actually she kind of sucks at basketball.

RadiosAreObsolete
joined Mar 6, 2021

In some other, more slapstick comic it would turn out that actually she kind of sucks at basketball.

Lol
I'd like to see that, to be honest. That would also explain why we never saw the ball go through the hoop XD

joined Jul 6, 2020

On the other hand . . . I hate to say it, but they kind of have a point. There are millions of kids in China who are into basketball, and how many on the national team? How many girls get the chance to play professionally in any capacity? Mighty damn few. Unless her talent level is truly ridiculous (and unless she's also incredibly tall, which I'm not seeing here), it's an extreme longshot, and pursuing it could seriously impair her chances of doing other non-dead-end things with her life. Her parents may be spoilsports, but they've got a legit worry.

She's clearly got it thought out though. She's alreadygot backup plans to become a PE teacher or coach either after retiring or if going pro doesn't work out. She literally said she's fine with just being obscure and ending up just becoming an unremarkable trainer at a gym, so she seems pretty level headed about it all, and has a solid step by step process she plans to take to get her there.

She'd rather go down this path and wants to be fulfilled doing the things she loves and there's nothing wrong with that. I think hard work and good planning is just as important if not more important than any raw talent for sports.

To reply you must either login or sign up.