Forum › My Sister's Best Friend, My Lover discussion

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Kiku is too good. I love how gentle and understanding this chapter was.

joined Mar 8, 2019

The Love Triangle and Incest tags feel like they’re going to be used thoroughly… what if Yuuna started going out with Kiku to get over Sena? And then when her sister started withdrawing from her, Yuuna thought Sena figured her out so she randomly moved? I want to see Yuuna’s POV….

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

^ man I really hope it doesn't go that way because then it'd just end up being like every other incest story. It would pretty much destroy every bit of meaning and character development these 4 chapters gave.

Fb_img_1627005325889
joined Apr 26, 2018

Kiku is the one Sena needs.

Ec324dcc-cdf2-41b8-a84a-08270b64c8bc
joined Feb 20, 2019

That’s very twist story

joined Sep 22, 2015

Kiku is a keeper. Reading this chapter is so healing. Gentle women are the best. ♡( ◡‿◡ )

joined Mar 8, 2019

^ man I really hope it doesn't go that way because then it'd just end up being like every other incest story. It would pretty much destroy every bit of meaning and character development these 4 chapters gave.

Not necessarily. Sena admitted her deepest secret and Kiku proves her love by accepting her. And that might be the kick in the pants Sena needs to move on.

As for Yuuna, if the incest be requited, a confession could just be cathartic because they both know how doomed a relationship between them would be. A sort of “I love you but we shouldn’t cuz how would we explain our relationship to our parents and we both found other people we can be happy with.” Doesn’t mean they’d end up together.

Who knows, maybe Kiku confessing to her sis triggers Yuuna’s old feelings for Kiku and that’s why she looks distraught in that one panel. Or this has a poly ending. Still lots of ways this can still go.

I’m rooting mostly for Kiku’s happiness tho! Everyone else’s top of course. But mostly Kiku so Sena, get over your sis and let Kiku love you.

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

Kiku is such a good girl! I do hope Sena appreciates her even if she doesn't develop feelings for her. Tho the latter would be best. Don't want it to be forced tho. Speaking of, here comes big sis. I know a lot dislike it and I do hope it doesn't happen or at least be executed well but I can definitely see her butting in Kiku and Sena's developing relationship. Easy drama points.

Untitled
joined Aug 17, 2020

Kiku is so generous and gentle. She's giving Sena the push she needed to talk with her sister. But I still have this mixed feelings for the sister, I think I'm too attached with Kiku to give the big sister a chance to reconceal a relationship with Sena.

Tumblr_inline_nhvrix3pa41suuiq8
joined Feb 16, 2018

Such a wonderful chapter! I really hope Kiku isn't going to used as an emotional doormat and launch pad for the incest.

Maybe those vaguely ominous panels of Yuuna were her fiance asking for a break or backing out, rather than something about Sena. Hopefully, maybe lol.

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

Can we like, have sena confront her sister, don't really care about wehter or not feelings were mutual but they don't get into incest and Kiku and sena can grow into their relationship while sena slowly gets over her sister and gets back into her writing and out of depression? Please? I just want Kiku to not get screwed over at this point lmao

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

This title just reminds me of that manga where s little girl hangs out with her older sisters Ex

How come that one just stopped

My Sister's Friend? I don't know. It's completed and published in two volumes in Japanese. The scanlation was a collaboration between two teams, and maybe they just got busy with their own projects…

Nana8
joined Jul 27, 2018

I need someone like Kiku in my life

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Man, just when I thought it might be something refreshing, instead of being incest angst, it might be getting over it angst or something, this story goes ahead and drops a forbidden mutual love foreshadowing bomb

last edited at Oct 8, 2021 7:10AM

joined Apr 7, 2016

At this point, this story can go a bunch of different ways. I just hope that we're not hit with a "Surprise! Yuuna's been in love with Sena this whole time, too!" or "Yuuna starts to develop feelings for Sena (and gets in between her and Kiku)." The story doesn't have a high-drama, high-intensity tone, so I'm hoping that it just ends with Sena telling Yuuna the truth and Yuuna either accepting Sena for whom she is but being firm that it can't happen or--if we want more angst--Yuuna rejecting Sena and blocking her out of her life.

Kiku really is such a kind and gentle person, huh? She's really what Sena needs, whether that's as a lover or a shoulder to lean on. This story better not screw her over.

DivineAlexandra
Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

This is a story where I for once don't hope for an incest ending. I'm not sure if Sena would reciprocate Kiku's feelings, though over time it is possible; most importantly, she just needs to let her feelings out to her sis and get properly rejected. Be told that it's simply impossible, and then be able to move on.

Agree with others who's pointed out this story isn't at all fit for some shoehorned drama, so I'm hoping the eventual final confrontation with Yuuna won't ruin this story.

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

I'd like to note that a few pages ago, this thread was ready to crucify and imprison Kiku as some kind of manipulative criminal-in-waiting.

Fb_img_1627005325889
joined Apr 26, 2018

Chill out. I don't think incest route will ever be possible on this one. The author is slowly building up Sena and Kiku's relationship. Just like the end note, it changes a little at a time. But yeah I think that Yuuna as well Yuria will surely be part of a conflict.

last edited at Oct 8, 2021 8:20AM

TheEternalShade
20230425_150259
joined Aug 25, 2021

I...really love this story, actually. It's kind of refreshing to see topics like this get worked out in a healthier way (so far, at least) instead of the oceans of (often unnecessary) drama that usually come with it.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I'd like to note that a few pages ago, this thread was ready to crucify and imprison Kiku as some kind of manipulative criminal-in-waiting.

Sometimes, especially when a series might have especially nuanced or slightly unconventional writing/characterization, that common mode of reading where readers strongly "relate" to the characters and/or want to pass moral judgements on them can lead to some extreme, and misguided, initial reactions.

Add in strongly "predictive" reactions ("Character X is [a certain way], therefore the story is obviously going in Y direction, which sucks"), and it's easy to get off-track when the author ultimately has something else in mind.

1011820_10203495624854953_6088973233617870240_n
joined Aug 29, 2019

Wow... I wonder how deep things can go about Sena's feelings, and I hope Yuuna doesn't give false hopes to Sena, poor thing...
Thanks for the TL!!! <3

Img_20210601_105552
joined Jul 27, 2018

MAYBE Yuuna know how her lil sis feeling towards her. And she also have a feeling for her lil sis. But she know she cant, and as a bis sis, she need to handle it. Either by dating other people or married someone else to forget the feeling she have for her sister and to save their sibling relationship. And she try anything so that her sister get over it. So when Kiku told yuuna that she want to have her sister, she have a complicated feelings, the times when someone really want her lil sis, will she really able to let go. andd I hope it end up with both siblings get over their incest feelings and move on, Yuuna go with her current lover, and Sena go with Kiku. End story.

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Well sometimes it is okay to depend on kindness of strangers. And they are pretty much strangers at this point. You can just feel the awkwardness of their first date/therapy session. At least the elephant in the roo is accounted for early on.

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

i really like Kiku....she's a really nice person

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

The Love Triangle and Incest tags feel like they’re going to be used thoroughly… what if Yuuna started going out with Kiku to get over Sena? And then when her sister started withdrawing from her, Yuuna thought Sena figured her out so she randomly moved? I want to see Yuuna’s POV….

i never think of that...oh boi

To reply you must either login or sign up.