Forum › Virgins' Empire discussion

20200119_124434
joined Jan 19, 2020

We will need 50 more chapters till Nononon turns into a true chad (hahaha) but damn these two colored pages were soooo good

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Ah, that one moment was a killer. One page, she's holding her, so romantic. Next page, I look at it and think Yes! This is it! This is . . . hey, her head doesn't look like it's oriented right . . . dammit!!!

joined Jan 11, 2014

@botmj I couldn't help but notice your Hitsugi Katsugi no Kuro avatar. I'd read that manga, but it was never licensed where I live (and buying the US version is too expensive for me) and I don't think it was ever scanlated.

Whoa I didn’t think anyone ever knew about this series. You can read it here https://mangakakalot.com/chapter/hitsugi_katsugi_no_kuro_kaichu_tabi_no_wa/chapter_1

I’d hyperlink it but I’m on mobile rn. Sorry for off topic, mods.

joined Mar 31, 2021

Nononon x yumimi is my favorite couple by a country mile and I literally triumphantly held my fists in the air when I got to the color pages, good god. Even though there was no kiss, I'm putting this one down as an Overwhelming Victory.

1107caa0-b001-4ad0-a6c1-002016683af0
joined Jul 15, 2019

Nononon x yumimi is my favorite couple by a country mile and I literally triumphantly held my fists in the air when I got to the color pages, good god. Even though there was no kiss, I'm putting this one down as an Overwhelming Victory.

Couldn’t agree more

joined Dec 7, 2017

Woah, we just jumped about ten steps in one chapter. I can't even properly express my thoughts, lol!

But seriously, these two are my absolute favorite- the whole time I was reading I couldn't believe we were finally making progress, and all at once!

So Ena lost her nerve (I'm shocked she had it to begin with, but as someone with similar self esteem issues and shyness, I can relate- rip off that bandaid), so I don't think they're quite THERE yet, but this marks the turning point I've been waiting for for literal years (WOW this is a long-runner). And I LOVED seeing how much Yumimi is actually affected by her (the teasing is clearly just a cover up). I just hope they don't go the whole 'resolve things offscreen' route like they did with Haruka and Kanae (who used to be one of my favorites before that happened). Speaking of, I`m still holding out hope that somehow there was a misunderstanding and Kanae doesn't recognize her true feelings (because we all know Haruka knows EXACTLY what she feels for Kanae but maybe the latter doesn't see it because of how she used to be alone ). BUT I'm pretty sure that's just wishful thinking. I just can't believe they'd do us so dirty T_T

joined Dec 7, 2017

Also- I really don't care for Kaoru, but I cracked up at that last panel. I can see that being exactly what happened too, since they're apparently part of the same group (with Shizuka, who at this point I'm just assuming Mio smuggled off to some uncharted island in the middle of the Pacific).

last edited at Sep 5, 2021 1:56PM

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

@botmj I couldn't help but notice your Hitsugi Katsugi no Kuro avatar. I'd read that manga, but it was never licensed where I live (and buying the US version is too expensive for me) and I don't think it was ever scanlated.

Whoa I didn’t think anyone ever knew about this series. You can read it here https://mangakakalot.com/chapter/hitsugi_katsugi_no_kuro_kaichu_tabi_no_wa/chapter_1

I actually created the Wikipedia article for it lol

36002568_1838354376215521_8722944858664206336_n
joined Jan 21, 2019

AAAAAAAAAAAA
I was like "HOLY SHIT! IS IT FINALLY HAPPENING?! OH MY GOOOOD!!!" and then it didn't
oh well, it still got a lot of emotion out of me. i hope those dorks finally confess someday.

Img_20200401_132631
joined Jun 17, 2018

My kiss. WHERE IS

Unnamed
joined Sep 11, 2019

You know what makes pounding my heart too?....those colored pages in this beautiful series holy smokes

Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

I want senpai and yumimi to actually get together. i used to think yumimi was just messing around but it seems really mutually assured destruction rn.

Pretty much this (and mutually assured destruction is s good way to put it, lol). I wasn't rooting for them for a long time, because in the grand spectrum of relationships in this manga (from "little more than a tease" with Ribbon and the manga club gremlin, to full on romance with AiChie etc) Yumimi and Nononon were in the lower end for a while, but in the past few volumes, Kishi has really propelled them to almost the top, at least in the race of couples who aren't officially together yet.

E1f7694b-042f-443d-a5cb-df7de61c8a40
joined Dec 29, 2013

Wow, my heart is pounding too

Blue_izumi_hair_glasses
joined Aug 1, 2020

Okay, like, AiChie is my OTP for this series, but Nononon and Yumimi are working their way up.

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

You're Juandmarco in the English wiki? I sometimes notice your contributions, often in the pages of Japanese voice actresses.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

You're Juandmarco in the English wiki? I sometimes notice your contributions, often in the pages of Japanese voice actresses.

Yeah that me

joined Dec 7, 2017

I have to say, even though I dislike Kaoru alongside the others, I like her alongside Honoka. Her personality is funny alongside Honoka, when there's no risk of her breaking some other poor girl's heart. They play off each other really well, and I actually enjoy seeing their sibling dynamics, it shows a new (but in character) side of both of them. Kaoru as the useless older sister and Honoka as the long suffering younger sister is fun to see!

(I would be Kaoru in this situation- and I'm the older sister as well, lol).

Also, a bit off topic, but: as much as I tend to dislike her, Kaoru is a very good sister. If younthink back to some older chapters, it's shown that despite Kaoru's teasing and Honoka generally viewing her as a nuisance, Kaoru is the only member of their family (that we meet) who never puts her down some way. Her mother compares her to Kaoru and seems to generally see her as a bit of a let down, and an uncle was shown playing favorites. But Kaoru is always supportive of Honoka. The only thing she could be accused of in regards to Honoka is simply existing as a comparison, which is obviously not her fault.

last edited at Sep 18, 2021 6:20PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS I Love these sisters together! And you know what's the best? is like the honey and wieners, you wouldn't think they would be good together but once you get a taste, you can't stop! (but I won't try the recipe, I want an oneesan to feed me).

But yeah, emphasis in these sisters, they have totally different styles and taste, only thing in common would be their sexual orientation xD and yet Kaoru loves her sister so much! that's so cute! still waiting for the moment she sees Eli with her sister, she will realize immediately what's going on and that moment will be great.

Thank you very much for the chapter!

joined Dec 7, 2017

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS I Love these sisters together! And you know what's the best? is like the honey and wieners, you wouldn't think they would be good together but once you get a taste, you can't stop! (but I won't try the recipe, I want an oneesan to feed me).

But yeah, emphasis in these sisters, they have totally different styles and taste, only thing in common would be their sexual orientation xD and yet Kaoru loves her sister so much! that's so cute! still waiting for the moment she sees Eli with her sister, she will realize immediately what's going on and that moment will be great.

I just commented on their relationship myself, lol- I totally agree! As I mentioned before, the only time I really care for Kaoru is when she's shown with Honoka. And I totally agree about Kaoru picking up on things right away- she's got a sixth sense for those things, after all.

Also: can you imagine the chaos if Kaoru and Eli teamed up to get Honoka to admit her feelings? I have a feeling those two would hit it off IMMEDIATELY- which would of course be a disaster for Honoka.

last edited at Sep 18, 2021 6:26PM

A85b3543-23b0-436a-a1a7-7ef9eb4e7778
joined Apr 30, 2016

I just commented on their relationship myself, lol- I totally agree! As I mentioned before, the only time I really care for Kaoru is when she's shown with Honoka. And I totally agree about Kaoru picking up on things right away- she's got a sixth sense for those things, after all.

Also: can you imagine the chaos if Kaoru and Eli teamed up to get Honoka to admit her feelings? I have a feeling those two would hit it off IMMEDIATELY- which would of course be a disaster for Honoka.

I wish someone compile a list of Kaoru&Honoka chapters, they’re fun to see

joined Apr 6, 2013

Wait is this why some store corndogs say "made with honey"?

Huh, I'm all for the great American pasttime of adding Hotdogs to things but never thought about pancakes.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

So if she wasn't going for a kiss, what was Nononon trying to do? Hide her face?

Feeling so weak she collapsed?

I'm pretty sure she went in to listen to her heartbeat.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

So if she wasn't going for a kiss, what was Nononon trying to do? Hide her face?

Sounds like a plausible explanation.
Anyway, whatever it was, it was frigging cute.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Wieners? I mean, this doesn't sound like a TERRIBLE idea, it's just . . . haven't these people heard of BACON?!

(And as a Canadian I would be derelict in my duty not to point out, maple syrup. Honey is for toast, crumpets, English muffins. Pancakes belong with maple syrup. And bacon. Lots of bacon.)

joined Feb 1, 2021

Don't you think it's so cool?

To reply you must either login or sign up.