Forum › Hino-san no Baka discussion

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Koguma is getting pretty bold :O Every other chapter now has her taking big steps towards being more assertive . Hopefully this means we'll get to see them going from pals to ''gal pals'' pretty soon !

last edited at Aug 15, 2021 8:57AM

Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

Good for you, Koguma

joined Feb 1, 2021

Time to push Hino's motivation button

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

But one of each pair (Koguma/Harumi) is in much shallower denial than the other (Hino/Chiaka) and seems to be getting rather frustrated at their partner’s continuing failure to just go for the yuri gold.

I don’t think this is exactly right. In the boob story Harumi has been pretty explicit in (thinking about) a romantic relationship with Chiaki while in Hino-san no Baka, Hino is the one with thinking about Koguma as someone she likes romantically rather than just for physical things.

The reason I say this is because Chiaki up until pretty recently was fine with just a sort of fwb type relationship and has only recently started to become conscious of Harumi outside of their boob groping relationship. Koguma on the other hand is still deluding herself into thinking she only cares about Hino as a friend or a fellow classmate, and even goes so far as to rebuke Hino for wanting to walk around hand in hand “because we’re both girls” or whatever, despite pretty clearly having fallen head over heels for Hino.

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

We're inches away from a full on doujin, this is tense

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^^TBH you 2, I kinda thought Kogu was more honest with herself and consious of liking Hino san in a romantic sense than Hino was! Hino might be the one instigating the lewd stuff but it seemed she rarely ever looked at why she was doing it, whereas i remember several times it seemed Kogu knew what she was feeling.

She just seems to have a hard time saying it or even thinking about it- but i think she knows subconsiously at least- whereas i dont think Hino does. Things like not wanting to hold hands in public isnt because she only thinks they are friends, its just her embaressement- she is quite shy whereas Hino is fairly shameless.

last edited at Aug 15, 2021 10:47AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Koguma so bold today... ^_^

Reading this and Sekai de Ichiban Oppai ga Suki! one after the other (I was going to say “back-to-back,” but that idiom has inappropriate physical connotations in this context) really brings home some parallels

I was certainly reminded of that one, yes.

Koguma on the other hand is still deluding herself into thinking she only cares about Hino as a friend or a fellow classmate, and even goes so far as to rebuke Hino for wanting to walk around hand in hand “because we’re both girls” or whatever, despite pretty clearly having fallen head over heels for Hino.

I'll just quote what I said already back then:

Honestly, the way Koguma is blushing while saying this, one may as well read it as "but you're straight" (which she's clearly wrong about).

last edited at Aug 15, 2021 11:07AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

@Cornonthekopp, on reflection, and on a full re-read of World of Boobs, yes, Harumi is definitely more aware of her romantic feelings for Chiaka than I had remembered.

But in this series, I still think Koguma (and this is mostly judging by her expressions and reaction shots) is more conscious of wanting to have a straightforward romantic relationship with Hino, while Hino still thinks of her lewd impulses as just perverted and borderline abusive (hence her positioning of her various pranks as "lessons" for Koguma to learn from).

The parallels between the series are certainly not exact, but I think in both cases a lot of the comedy comes from the differences between how each person thinks the other perceives their relationship and how readers understand those relationships.

last edited at Aug 15, 2021 11:29AM

joined May 29, 2021

You love to see it. Hopefully we get even more progress from these "study" sessions.

Strip studying is fun and an effective teaching method.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I request a large helping of wholesome gay snuggling next chapter, please and thank you.

joined Aug 14, 2017

The cover page numbering on this latest chapter is off by one (76 instead of the correct 77)

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Wow that teacher sucks. "This is what you get for skipping class earlier in the semester" fuck yooou.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Wow that teacher sucks. "This is what you get for skipping class earlier in the semester" fuck yooou.

I mean, she reap what she sow. It's already something they give her a chance to not repeat year.

joined Jan 4, 2014

[77] My wrist hurts, but I got it out. Love these girls way too much. Ahhh!! So excited for this arc.

a.) Thank you ever so much for picking this up, really missed it

b.) Know I probably shouldn't, but just to note that your comment could also be interpreted in such a way that the question "but it's not that kind of series?" would have to be raised...

joined May 28, 2021

TBH, where I'm from a middle/highschool kid never showing up in class would be in huge trouble in about a week, 10 days tops. Parents would be called and a meeting with the principal would be made right away. Your typical delinquent manga story would be over within one volume :-P

joined Aug 29, 2019

More already? And such juicy bait at that?! What a great Sunday!

Best I would have hoped for would have been weekly (instead of bi-weekly) releases until we're caught up, getting two chapters in three days is almost too great a blessing. Don't overdo it ;D

last edited at Aug 15, 2021 3:04PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@ Kojiro481 Yup but we see it a lot in japanese manga so maybe it works different over there and if you keep passing the tests then they dont say much? And as for calling in parents- remember all the hints - there might not be anyone to call in for Hino.

Tho if thats the case and the teachers know they would be even bigger assholes for not supporting her more imo.

last edited at Aug 15, 2021 3:20PM

joined May 28, 2021

@ Kojiro481 Yup but we see it a lot in japanese manga so maybe it works different over there and if you keep passing the tests then they dont say much? And as for calling in parents- remember all the hints - there might not be anyone to call in for Hino.

Tho if thats the case and the teachers know they would be even bigger assholes for not supporting her more imo.

There has to be a legal guardian somewhere though right?

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^well probably in reality- tho in tons of anime and manga there isnt- so who knows? And even if so, is it someone who cares?

Thumbnail_5a23d300cc738989a894c6273ef293a6
joined Jul 8, 2017

Great set-up chapter, props to the translators for getting these out so quickly!

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

[77] My wrist hurts, but I got it out. Love these girls way too much. Ahhh!! So excited for this arc.

a.) Thank you ever so much for picking this up, really missed it

b.) Know I probably shouldn't, but just to note that your comment could also be interpreted in such a way that the question "but it's not that kind of series?" would have to be raised...

snort I have RSI issues, unrelated to what type of series I'm working on :P

You know, while I was editing I was thinking the same thing. But I think it's possible that the teacher might think that treating Hino this way might be the only way to get her to score well enough to move on to the next grade. Based on Hino's personality, she may have felt that attitude was the best way to motivate her.

Or she just sucks.

The cover page numbering on this latest chapter is off by one (76 instead of the correct 77)

Thanks. I'll correct this in a bit.

last edited at Aug 15, 2021 4:44PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

You know, while I was editing I was thinking the same thing. But I think it's possible that the teacher might think that treating Hino this way might be the only way to get her to score well enough to move on to the next grade. Based on Hino's personality, she may have felt that attitude was the best way to motivate her.

Or she just sucks.

I didn't get the impression that any of this was the specific teacher's decision--there's some kind of grade/attendance algorithm at the school that determines if a student gets held back or not.

As to the teacher's attitude, Hino is the one who has demonstrated a profound lack of interest in attending class. After all, even with Koguma's most diligent efforts, Hino's attendance record is still "really low," and that's on her.

Zzzz
joined Nov 18, 2019

So, our little shy bear is taking the iniciative????

joined Oct 27, 2018

It's probably gonna turn out that she found out and just wants to help her study.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

It's probably gonna turn out that she found out and just wants to help her study.

"If you pass, you can touch my boob again. Now let's study."
"[somehow scores 110 out of 100]"

To reply you must either login or sign up.