Forum › Liberty discussion

joined Jun 11, 2020

Damn! Why Maki have to go thru this shit again. ;(
We just want her to be happy.

joined Jun 30, 2016

What in the fkc?! why that hell she is smiling and acting like it was nothing?! just because people accept same sex relationships, she just thinks; "ah okey now i can go with Maki, it not like i cheated on her and sht" this bitch really dont have any redemption.

last edited at Aug 15, 2021 12:04PM

joined Aug 15, 2021

Oh, all I want right now is for Maki to leave and never go back to Liz again, ever. Like exactly how it was so easy for her to let this happen, going all that back with her ex? God, she don't deserve Maki. And please Maki, give yourself some respect and leave. Love isn't supposed to be this way.

joined Aug 11, 2014

I was so excited when I saw this update. I couldn't click on it fast enough, and boy did it not disappoint. I fucking cackled at that last page. Please, please tell me that her dreamy, irresistible senpai has a husband and kids in England. That would be perfect. Pack even more layers of misery into this train wreck, please.

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

Please, please tell me that her dreamy, irresistible senpai has a husband and kids in England.

That's exactly what I'm thinking. Ugh I hate that senpai.

Lomographic Colored Past
74ec91ae-b46c-44be-9b5e-7c40e1fb423d
joined Dec 29, 2016

F*ck it! This Liz girl is one of the worst MC, she doesn’t even bother with Maki’s feelings at all, and then went with her senpai to a party, just like that.

If I were Maki, I’ll drop Liz like a hot f*ckin’ potato, in an instant and never look back.

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

It's rare for me to read something that actually pisses me off. So I guess mission accomplished there.

I'm still reading it so it's doing... something right.

I would be absolutely astounded (and genuinely happy) if Maki just moved on.

Please, please tell me that her dreamy, irresistible senpai has a husband and kids in England.

That's exactly what I'm thinking. Ugh I hate that senpai.

...yeeeup this is totally what's going to happen lmao

joined Jan 18, 2016

The only things that could salvage this shit show is Maki's moving on, realizing that she need to respect herself. Shit like this is why the first arc of Aoi Hana remains one of the best yuri story i've read.

Im pretty sure this author going into a more convoluted drama for the sake of suspense, so eh, basically a bottom of the barrel offering of yuri manga. Would love to be proven wrong though.

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

Ah. I needed a good laugh at someone's (fictional) expense.

joined Jul 26, 2019

Let's take a step back on all this: first liz is a teenager AND an idol, she is completely in a different world and has totally illogical and selfish reactions. From the start she has taken maki as a person at her service and also the fact that she is sure that whatever happens, she will stay by her side.
Except that there will necessarily be a limit and the flashback may be terrible. And her punishment will come very quickly.
For me the author does everything so that we hate the acts of liz and even that of her ex.
The end of the chapter shows that she will already receive another blow to the head when her ex tells her that she has a family in England, certainly out of personal interests because she is very selfish and puts her professional interests above all else.
Obviously, liz will fall from the top because she did not imagine that and will tell herself that she was wrong again and was fooled!
The shit storm is likely to be total because if the photo of her kissing her ex reaches her family, her ex will have to choose between denying her "realation" with liz or leaving his family, I predict that she's not going to want to leave her family ...
Now the thing is, I wouldn't like the scenario to take the usual easy way and that maki seeing her collapsed liz come back as if nothing had happened to support and save her ...
Liz deserves to have a long dramatic period to understand her mistakes and that her career does not dictate all her choices.
That she can't have it all, and maki and her ex and her career taking off!
We also need a less conciliatory maki even if it is his dominant trait.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Let's take a step back on all this: first liz is a teenager AND an idol, she is completely in a different world and has totally illogical and selfish reactions.

[SNIP]

What you've described, very reasonably, is a rise-and-fall redemption arc. That may be what the author is going for, and is attempting to execute.

But one key to the artistic/narrative success of such an arc is that the audience needs to be invested enough in the character despite their flaws and missteps to want to see that redemption happen. (With the same artist here also as writer, the series Kimi Koi Limit is full of very imperfect characters, but that story basically works in the terms it establishes.)

If, on the other hand, the audience would prefer to see your tragic character hit by a bus rather than redeemed, your story has gone badly astray along the way

last edited at Aug 19, 2021 3:34PM

joined Nov 29, 2020

Man, Liz is the first character that I genuinely hate and wish something bad to happen to her. I have never in my life hating a character or getting mad for real even though there are countless villain or toxic character out there. I really wanna see her suffer and full of despair and regret when Maki left her.

I thought she would at least chase Maki and ask for forgiveness, but instead.. She hold Maki from slapping that senpai and say nothing

joined Dec 8, 2019

I'm still rather dumbfounded (although at this point I shouldn't be) that apparently the writer wants us to sympathize with Liz's dilemma of being torn between Maki and her ex, and to see Liz's popularity being OK with the lesbian revelation as being a good thing.

And loath as I am to speculate about that stupid cliffhanger, it seems likely that Sumire has some sort of revelation that will break Liz's heart and send her back to Maki.

Rarely have I read or seen any work of art where I had such a clear sense of what the creator wanted me to think and feel about the fictional characters and events while I absolutely did not think or feel that in any way, shape, or form.

What's crazier even still is that Liz is pretty clearly a self-insert for Kitta Izumi. This whole thing is basically her saying "Yes, I'm a selfish asshole, and yes, I have issues that will bite you in the ass if you get close to me, but you MUST cheer for me because I am a HEROINE breaking barriers for lesbians EVERYWHERE. Or, at least, I fantasize about being one, which is JUST AS NOBLE, and therefore I deserve a doormat-chan to walk all over."

Dusnkzfu8aeqg-g
joined Dec 19, 2018

Fck Liz. The way she acts like it was nothing while Maki has to experience getting cheated on twice. I can't stand it.

Images%20(3)
joined Aug 6, 2021

always down for some proper drama but this just feels robotic and makes Liz look like she is mentally impaired and a disgusting, selfish fk that takes Maki for granted.

well, one can dream for this to have a more mature approach and make Maki move on... dreaming

last edited at Aug 15, 2021 2:11PM

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

liz is such a cutie <3

last edited at Aug 15, 2021 2:29PM

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

Looks like she's gonna tell her she's married. Then Liz is gonna run after Maki. That's kinda selfish. :( Hoping I'm wrong.

joined May 10, 2021

Next time on "Can This Shit get Even Worse" Liz dies, plowed by Maki's friend in a fire truck.
Or so I hope.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Her dreamy, irresistible senpai has a husband and kids in England. ‹niko›

There isn't even the tiniest shadow of a doubt. You can't even call it a cliffhanger.

This is when Liz realizes she has made yet again a horrible mistake. She chose the woman who had already dumped her in the past over Maki, and now that woman is going to dump her again.

"We need to talk." Pfft. Nope, actually there's no need: we've already guessed everything.

She's going to tell Liz that it was fun going whoopee with her, but in the end her man and her career are more important so... goodbye, and have a nice life. And Liz will have to deal with the consequences of her bad choices. Ideally she'd go back to Maki crawling on her belly and begging for another chance (to which Maki would have to ponder whether to say yes or no) but... I think it's most likely that she'll return to Maki in a fit of anger and tears, bitching and whining and demanding to be comforted, and Maki will hug her, pat her on the head and say: "There, there, poor Liz, poor baby, you've suffered a lot."

joined Dec 21, 2016

I'm still rather dumbfounded (although at this point I shouldn't be) that apparently the writer wants us to sympathize with Liz's dilemma of being torn between Maki and her ex, and to see Liz's popularity being OK with the lesbian revelation as being a good thing.

And loath as I am to speculate about that stupid cliffhanger, it seems likely that Sumire has some sort of revelation that will break Liz's heart and send her back to Maki.

Rarely have I read or seen any work of art where I had such a clear sense of what the creator wanted me to think and feel about the fictional characters and events while I absolutely did not think or feel that in any way, shape, or form.

What's crazier even still is that Liz is pretty clearly a self-insert for Kitta Izumi. This whole thing is basically her saying "Yes, I'm a selfish asshole, and yes, I have issues that will bite you in the ass if you get close to me, but you MUST cheer for me because I am a HEROINE breaking barriers for lesbians EVERYWHERE. Or, at least, I fantasize about being one, which is JUST AS NOBLE, and therefore I deserve a doormat-chan to walk all over."

Yes, this is the most absurd thing about it: Liz is the most blatant self-insert I've ever seen (even before her name reveal...) and it's also an incredibly unlikable character. It's kinda funny, I don't think that's what Kitta Izumi is trying to convey, but it's very hard to like Liz. Sumire is unironically a good character because she's supposed to be a manipulative asshole and that's what she is. Maki is too passive for a MC, Liz might be a victim of manipulation but in the last few chapters she comes off as having forgotten about her girlfriend.

Jo
joined Jan 1, 2019

It'll feel pretty good when Liz is crushed by the news of Sumire Having a husband and kid, to go crying back to Maki and Maki not even opening the door. Of course the fans will find out later that the 'kiss' wasn't with her girlfriend but an affair with a married woman and her popularity will plummet and the band will have to ditch her because of the fallout and scandal with the company supporting them. Maki will move on and Sumire will be fired (or suspended because of her actions and, maybe, scandal to follow) and separate from her husband, who can no longer trust his wife.

I know that's NOT what's gonna happen but Maki actually refusing to accept Liz and leaving would be the ideal outcome to their 'relationship'.

last edited at Aug 15, 2021 5:55PM

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

You know its a bad yuri manga when people are the most excited for a het relationship.

joined Apr 6, 2021

The comments are genuinely the most entertaining part of this series. Seeing literally everyone here this terrible series warms my heart like nothing else.

Now as for this chapter specifically, I lagged out loud when Liz stopped that slap. I expected a lot of things after last chapter’s cliffhanger, but that completely exceeded my expectations in the most underwhelming way. Author dangled just a bit of hope that Maki would stand up for herself and snatched it away from us in the worst way possible.
Liz is still blind to the shit she’s putting Maki through, but it looks like she’s gonna get her heart broken by her ex again. I can only hope that when she goes running to Maki that she gets the door shut in her face. But after this chapter, I think a lot of us can guess where it goes from here.

I want nothing more than for Liz to have a “bad ending” as penance for the egotism, selfishness, and arrogance that have been her only character traits throughout the story. It would also be amazing if Sumire actually faces major repercussions for her shittyness but who knows at this point? There was an excellent comment by Blastaar a few hour ago about how it could not be more clear what the author wants the reader to feel, while the reader does not feel that way at all. And that is the truest part of this manga.

It is not possible to hope for a decent ending to this story, and all we can do is laugh as it fails to meet its mark, struggles to reach an ending, and slowly fades into obscurity as one of the most poorly written romance mangas ever put to page

See you all in 2 months when we come back to shit on this series again!

last edited at Aug 15, 2021 6:40PM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Aw yes, my semestrial dose of absolute anger, i needed this.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

What an absolute shit-show. Please, I hope Maki just go no-contact on Liz anymore. Give yourself some spine please.

To reply you must either login or sign up.