Forum › Posts by yuliuskrisna

yuliuskrisna
Liberty discussion 15 Aug 12:37
joined Jan 18, 2016

The only things that could salvage this shit show is Maki's moving on, realizing that she need to respect herself. Shit like this is why the first arc of Aoi Hana remains one of the best yuri story i've read.

Im pretty sure this author going into a more convoluted drama for the sake of suspense, so eh, basically a bottom of the barrel offering of yuri manga. Would love to be proven wrong though.

yuliuskrisna
joined Jan 18, 2016

Man, i remember seeing the first chapter being pretty hyped to see how tMnR would explore the relationship, as i was a pretty big fan of her Love-Live doujinshi. This was a massive let down for me, i personally think tMnR are not ready for a serialized work and all of its baggage, deadline and what not. Even the art got notably worse at later chapters.

I'd still follow her if she decided to go back making one shot doujinshi and what not at her own leisure, but for another serialized work i dont exactly have any confidence left. Granted im a freeloader complaining about shit i dont buy and stealing the livelihood of the author, though i did bought full volume of YagaKimi from amazon japan, even though i cant read any of it, lol, because thats a series that was fantastic from all front.

yuliuskrisna
joined Jan 18, 2016

Ah I wanted more closure than that

Edit: The people here are toxic as fuck, Jesus fucking Christ. I hated the ending but saying the author betrayed you and it wasn’t worth your time is fucking hypocritical when all of us are leeching free entertainment from that author’s livelihood.

Yeah, i have to agree, a lot of overreaction here and disgusting remark here. I'll admit im a bit toxic as well, i hated the ending a lot because i know what tMnR capable of (atleast based on her Love Live doujinshi, which is really good IMO), and it did showed promise at first, but in my opinion it went downhill from there, and ended so bad that it doesnt exactly instil a great confidence on me for her next serialization. But as you said, i'm leeching of her livelihood, so i wont go as far as the author betrayed me or wasting my time.

Talking about supporting author though, i would love to support a bunch of authors if their books is easily obtainable in my area. Fuck me for living in third world country, where LGBT was shunned to hell and back, even as a simple as showing support was condemned. Only thing available here at best are subtext yuri, even then it was censored to wiped out the yuri. Anyway, /rant over.

joined Jan 18, 2016

I liked the messy development so far, im going to keep following this to know how it all went up in later chapters.

But man, i would love if story like this ends up with MC standing up for herself. One of my favorite Yuri manga was Aoi Hana, and SPOILERS! MC dating her crush, and at one of the chapter, it was revealed that the crush was using MC as a replacement/rebound, and boy, the later chapter where the MC confronted her crush and said basically what i would say at that point is probably one of the most satisfying feeling i've ever had while reading a manga. The anime adaptation nailed the feeling as well.

last edited at Oct 21, 2020 3:12AM

yuliuskrisna
joined Jan 18, 2016

Wow, this one was so bad, i had to login and comment, lol.

I really like TMnR, i enjoy all of those Love Live doujinshi. It seems like she did great when she did stuff at her own pace, on her own passion.

I was excited at first for this manga, the art was great, and the story seems interesting. But ever since then, the art devolved and the plot turned into convoluted mess. Im no expert, but it seems to me that she isnt ready with serialization, and all of the limitation that comes with it. Fuck, everything was so unbelievably bad and unsatisfying, plot resolving in the stupidest way possible. I'd honestly feel bad for her, but man, there is no way i would be excited for her next serialization. So bad.

yuliuskrisna
joined Jan 18, 2016

I liked it, both confession chapter. Kinda parallel with each other. It really show the struggles of confessing to someone you love, especially if its your first time. The dilemma were telegraphed well enough in their thought. A simple scene, yet i believe not many mangaka ever utilise something like this, at least from romance anime/manga i've watch/read.

I know people are kinda hang up on the 'misunderstanding' scene, because it felt like a trope, but i disagree. It makes sense in context.

Yuu was falling in love for the first time, she struggled to define what love is, and when she finally realise that love could bloom into her over time, she worked up the courage to confess, even though she know that Touko doesn't want to be loved because of who she was. Yuu was afraid, and when the next thing Yuu hear was "I'm sorry", it makes sense for her to feel heart broken, and because of the awkwardness and embarrassment of the situation she put herself in, she can't sort her feelings out in an instant and she just ran and take those words as a rejection.

Sayaka was the same, she was afraid and worked up the courage too, but she had her confidence, maybe because she had an experience of falling in love, and have known Touko much longer than Yuu. Even then, after the confession, she ran away too, but she's feels giddy because shes finally letting it all out.

It makes sense, because after you put your feeling out there, some people just can't handle the embarrassment about the situation. I'm just like that too, which is why when i read these moment i kinda feel that secondhand embarrassment.

Touko on the other hands, still believe that love could shackle her, hence why she couldn't ran after Yuu at that moment. She couldn't sort her feeling out in an instant either, so it takes time. Even here at chapter 37, she warned Sayaka because she know what would Sayaka do, but she still don't understand her own definition of love.

It's a dilemma that i honestly think was realistic. But even then, i still agree with the notion that, if Nakatani drag this for long - like a volume long - for example, then it became a trope that i would hate.

Hopefully the next chapter tells us the inner working of Touko's mind, regarding her 'shackle' of love. And then the next chapter afterward is her answer to sorting all out of her problems.

last edited at Dec 31, 2018 11:51AM

yuliuskrisna
joined Jan 18, 2016

Decided to re-read first chapter, man, the quality drop is astounding...
I was a fan of tmnr's art from her Eli x Umi doujinshi. They were amazing. And i was excited to hear that she got her own series started.

But this last few chapter was so blegh..did she lost interest in her own story along the way? Because my interest in this series definitely nonexistent right now.
Goes to show that she was not ready for a serialised work.

yuliuskrisna
Double Bind discussion 31 Oct 21:48
joined Jan 18, 2016

Ehh, not a fan of this kinda story. I personally needed more story where the character could stand up for her own sake when dealing with this kinda bullshit.

Like that scene in Aoi Hana, which cemented Aoi Hana as my top ten, in both anime and manga.

yuliuskrisna
joined Jan 18, 2016

i just wanted the story to end with Uta still identifies as lesbian, still loving another woman, whomever she ended up with in the end i'm fine just leaving it to author's decision.

i know bisexual exists, and i dont have anything against them, but when a story spends a bulks of its chapter focusing on same sex attraction, with no definitive hint of them being bisexual, in this case Uta never spend a second thinking about men, i fully expect them to follow through with it.

Changing her preferences without much of a build up is a disservice to the story it tries to set up, since Uta is the MC and we totally knows inside her mind that shes in love in Kaoru, and spend no time thinking of someone else. Konatsu on the other hand, already established as bisexual, as she derive pleasure from being different, so im fine with her character. Kuro, Miyabi havent had that much insight of their thought, so more chapter is needed, and Kaoru x Reichi we only see their outer personality without knowing what theyre thinking, so only conclusion we can see for now is they're straight because they're married.

yuliuskrisna
joined Jan 18, 2016

That promise to go see the salt flats in Bolivia kinda makes me wary about the ending, because i believe it would be a good point to end the series, with them as an adult, looking back at those time when they were a teenager.

The problem is if it does happen, i just can't see two of them are going out, while one of them just left alone with their feeling unreciprocated. Years of reading manga made me believe that for the scene to happen is none of them are going out, they moved on by being married. So that when they look back at their teenager years, they're left to wonder whats going to happen if they do things differently (like actually going out with their respective crushes).

This is just my farfetched prediction, and maybe i'm too pessimistic, though i loved to be proven wrong. Whatever happened, the fact that i kinda enjoyed the series as it is now was enough for me.

yuliuskrisna
Renai Kowai discussion 03 Jan 01:30
joined Jan 18, 2016

The scanlator name includes Yuri, so of course its going to get dropped if it isnt Yuri, as it wasn't exactly their preferences.

And its understandable that some people that loved yuri won't look at this series, especially when we're at Dynasty where most of the scanlated works uploaded here is yuri.

Though seriously, never liked bisexual stories as almost everytime, male MC ultimately paired with the bi girl. This one is told in the POV of a male character, and the girl is most definitely interested in other girls. So yeah, not exactly looking forward to this.

yuliuskrisna
joined Jan 18, 2016

Just read this manhwa to know whats its all about. Seems like people are too harsh about this series just because things didn't go the way they want. I, for one, really liked it, though agree that it was pretty painful to read.

I've watched and read lots of manga that deals with love triangles, most of them turned out pretty generic with the climax (ex. the other girls decided to gave up and support the girls that was chosen, etc) so It was pretty interesting how this was played out, the dilemma what Joy went through is the kind that i wanted some series to tackle on, and this was kinda not disappointing, as i agree that doing shit like that is going to blow up on her face sooner or later (but Namsu, man...) being nice sometimes can hurt other people feelings too.

I hated every character beside Namsu, ofc, but with some bit of backstories and insights that the author put on his/her work, i came to understand the characters POV more and more, and further made me liked/hated them more. Was pretty nice that i could feel this way for a made up character, so i think the author did a fine job at it.

But still, i disliked how the author just ended Namsu story there, feels a bit abrupt for a main character, especially right after the climax, while IMO Joy and Hye-yeon got a decent stop in the end. I don't need to know whether Namsu moved on, or still had a lingering feeling for Joy. Just need to see her again in the end to expand a little bit on how she has been doing, just a small panel to show that she was alright...

yuliuskrisna
Yuri Danshi discussion 12 Dec 06:50
joined Jan 18, 2016

Can somebody spoiled me who had read the raw on how exactly this series ended?

I mean, what direction did this series took until the end? Is it comedy, or there's a serious stuff/drama at later chapter? I heard that theres a het crush for our MC, and there's not even a yuri couple in this one.

If its comedy, i think i could take it as im a yuri danshi myself and seeing those references and reaction coming from our MC is fun, but if theres actually a het crush drama that develop into something that last longer than what i expected in a yuri series, in think i better dropped this series.

yuliuskrisna
joined Jan 18, 2016

@Seira - thank you for the summary. Just wanted to knowif it's still yuri in the latest chapter.

I liked the series, and i'm not even bothered by the guys in it. When i first heard about the 'siscon' brother, and about main girl having a boyfriend spoiled in /u/, i was wary about the series, but having read these, it wasn't that big of a deal for me, seems like the usual /u/ overreacted response over male presence.

Though of course, since this series was clearly yuri right from the get go, i was expecting that it ended in yuri, I dont care if it goes in polyamory ending, or just the two of them dating where one have to suffer. If it ended in the usual friendship resolution, or even worse, moved on their feeling by being het, the author needs to get kicked in the balls.

Favorite character so far would be Kotooka for me as well, because she was so flawed. I loved flawed character, because most of the time they're the one who feels more 'human' than the rest, so its easier to relate to such character.

yuliuskrisna
joined Jan 18, 2016

Wow, definitely going to follow this one. Loved me some exaggerated dramatic comedy stuff.
Yeah, I recognized the author art in a hentai doujin before. His art improved so much in this one.

On the side note, is that claptrap in Chio-chan avatar?

yuliuskrisna
Kindred Spirits Help 17 Mar 06:20
joined Jan 18, 2016

i have no problem with it so far, but quick google show this result. Try it
http://gameslopedy.com/tag/kindred-spirits-on-the-roof-game-freezing-problems/

Or try to play it in windowed mode. I had an exact problem with the first SonoHana games a long time ago, and playing it on windowed mode fixed it, idk why.

If all of those option failed, try to update your driver and what-not. Otherwise, ask for an assistance from Mangagamer..

joined Jan 18, 2016

Oh geez... The main character is so lame... Running away doesn't make sense... Come on... Looking forward for the next chapter

Yeah, it was a shitty thing to do, but everybody had their own reaction if they were presented with a situation outside their comfort zone.

It was the same with Sasa and Yuna from the main game, Sasa treasure her friendship so very much, but afraid that her love might change their interactions with each other, or even worse, Umi and Nena might find her weird and break off their friendship. She actually fine if things stay the way they are, with her love never requited, but at least they'll be close with each other. That all changes though when Nena gave her a reason to step outside her comfort zone. While Yuna, almost identical with Shiori, being confessed out of the blue, and had to confront her own feelings for Hina, which takes like a month, before she was finally got a reason from her chat with Ano

So i cant wait for the next chapter to find out what reason will drive Shiori to face Mako..

last edited at Mar 16, 2016 9:10AM

joined Jan 18, 2016

Wheres the rest of the chapters? I wanted to read this from the start....

joined Jan 18, 2016

I was pretty upset to find out just how linear the game was. Choices don't amount to anything.

Yeah it was disappointing that we couldnt decide our own pairing, but lots of info already stated that the game will have a linear plot, so Its not that surprising.
Its pretty clear from the demo that the main focus of the VN is not about choice-based plot development, but its about telling an established stories of multiple pairings with different backgrounds, how they falls in love with their partner, and with multiple perspectives from other girls as well. So its a pretty well-thought-out linear plot.

At least, the choices amount to how many extra scenes we'll get in the end, adding more personality to the characters.

last edited at Mar 16, 2016 3:28AM

joined Jan 18, 2016

I-Am-X posted:

'Mako'

Isn't that supposed to be Yuna? Or is Hina suddenly attached to a new/random girl now?

Maybe this takes place during a Wednesday and Yuna had left early to go shopping? Otherwise it's true that it'd be odd Hina meeting up with a track team buddy at the gate instead.

Idk if you guys are kidding, Mako is the new girl paired with the MC in this manga. Hina and Mako were just track team buddies, last pages clearly indicated that they were just going home, and met by a chance, so it gets awkward with the MC.

Why is it odd to be close with your friend?

I never play this game before, someone can tell me if the characters of this manga are canon to the story of the visual novel? If yes, did these characters have a route in the game (i don't have the money to buy this game (sad.jpg))? If not, can you tell me what is canon. I'm lost...

This story are canon, it sets a year after the game.
Shiori x Mako is a new original pairings focused only in the manga, but theres a cameo of character from the game who have their own route (featured prominently in this manga are Maki and Hina).

last edited at Mar 16, 2016 2:52AM

joined Jan 18, 2016

Yeah, the games was all around awesome. I'm loving the fact that it was more of a character-driven drama about finding love, with different background for each pairings.

The manga had no spoiler, just the fact that it used the same setting, and some main characters from the game. And I guess it was set a year after the game.

Can't wait to see how this played out in the next two chapter (wish it was longer). The art was from different artist, but still managed to capture the charm of Shirojo, and the characters from the game.

last edited at Mar 15, 2016 7:34PM

yuliuskrisna
joined Jan 18, 2016

I played the demo, and it was interesting. I had no problem with the translation, but gotta agree at some point it felt off. I personally didn't mind it though as long as i get the gist of what is happening.

Going to buy it for sure, since i nee more Yuri VN in my life after i've finished Kindred Spirits.

last edited at Mar 11, 2016 2:55AM

yuliuskrisna
joined Jan 18, 2016

Where do you guys read the raw?

yuliuskrisna
joined Jan 18, 2016

Finished Yurirei/Kindred Spirits, liked the art, and then found this.

Needed more doujin from this author as well to numb my heart for the lack of Yurirei sequel....

yuliuskrisna
joined Jan 18, 2016

Saying "I love you, but you don't need to love me back" back then at chapter 3 might drove Yuu further away from Nanami, but by saying "I will make you love me. Will you allow me too?" gave Nanami a chance to get closer with Yuu, since she knows that Yuu is longing for a romance that would swept her off her feet.

Even if its a mistranslated line, Its all still makes sense in a way that Nanami still actually wants Yuu to fall in love and get so much closer with her, but afraid that if Yuu start to have a feelings for her, Yuu would've develop expectations like anyone else. So she would rather play it safe because her current relationship with Yuu is what makes Yuu so special and different from anyone else.

The "don'fall in love with me" is only on Nanami inner thought, because we only started to focus and explore more about Nanami from her perspective in recent chapter. So saying something that differ from what we're actually thinking is not that uncommon. Give it time, so that we know exactly how her minds are working.

last edited at Mar 6, 2016 7:27PM