Forum › Be Careful, Onee-san (Serialization) discussion

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Serialization of Big Girl and Small Girl.

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Cool that this got serialized. The art looks good and I like the change to the flow of the story. It will be fun to read this again and be completely confused at how the author thinks it's okay to say she's 10 years old lol.

Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

I thought this was familiar. Here we go again though

joined Mar 8, 2020

Well the serialization is here, been following this one with chinese and koreans scans since it started like in november last year (latest is 9), so is good to see it here now, and like the note at the end say, the serialization really add up an actual story to this

last edited at Aug 12, 2021 3:20PM

20180327_165604
joined Nov 9, 2017

I don't mind the "older/younger than she looks thing" but this one is a bit much for me to believe
Oh well I'll probably still read it cause yuri

Time%20to%20go%20home%20and%20shlick
joined Jan 18, 2016

Yay it got a serialisation and it looks like it does add quite a bit to the story, looking forward to more.

joined May 28, 2018

Serialization of Big Girl and Small Girl.

In the thread of Big Girl and Small Girl, everyone is hoping that her age was all misunderstanding, including me. Now it's fucking confirmed that she is 10 years old ahahahaha >:c. I still love it and will read it anyways though.

last edited at Aug 12, 2021 10:14PM

joined Jul 16, 2021

Nice to see the serialization!

MeiLangSakalam
271731483_478678657204397_1801763266118199384_n
joined Mar 26, 2021

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

bloodonthewater
Bigj
joined Jul 7, 2021

dk about that one chief.

joined May 11, 2021

Cool that it got serialized and she is still 10 going on… what? 25?

Screenshot_20220712-194055_tachiyomi%20(1)
joined Jun 22, 2013

I-I-I-I wasn't expecting this to get a serialization....but hey I ain't complaining.

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

lmao it got serialized, here we go again with the age gap lolololol

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Personally I think people get too hung up on relating manga/anime ages to IRL ages. For me Manga and Anime is it's own thing entirely separate from IRL and the stylized art only adds to this. I don't see IRL people when I see anime and manga art so my suspension of disblief here is entirely fine.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to more, the original was cute and humorous. Thanks for the translation!

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

I'm happy to see this get serialized and I welcome the longer chapters! Love the colored images as well!!!

Takasaki Reika
Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

a little weird but it's so cute so...whatever

as long as it's cute!

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

This feels like a trap (for me) It's going to sucker me into rooting for the MCs to get together, but feel grossed out and disgusted, with myself, because of it.

last edited at Aug 12, 2021 5:40PM

joined May 29, 2021

Personally I always thought this manga was a subtle dig at people who put way too much stock into the ages of anime characters by presenting a situation which shows just how pointless doing that is. The “10 year old” looks and acts like a character much older. At this point her supposed age is nothing more than a gag, showing just how thin the “magic power” of a completely arbitrary number next to a character really is. Glad this got a serialization.

joined May 15, 2021

I don't mind the "older/younger than she looks thing" but this one is a bit much for me to believe
Oh well I'll probably still read it cause yuri

Dont seek for logic in manga

joined May 15, 2021

Well well well, if isnt the manga that made quite a good amount of ppl worry about their own morals... Im gonna enjoy this far too much hehe...

joined Sep 27, 2017

Personally I always thought this manga was a subtle dig at people who put way too much stock into the ages of anime characters by presenting a situation which shows just how pointless doing that is. The “10 year old” looks and acts like a character much older. At this point her supposed age is nothing more than a gag, showing just how thin the “magic power” of a completely arbitrary number next to a character really is. Glad this got a serialization.

Yeah I think it's possible, people care way too much about anime and manga ages in my opinion. So I find it amusing when author's go "IT DOESN'T MATTER! JUST ROLL WITH IT!".

Or real world logic in fiction in general. It's fiction for a reason haha

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Sure, arbitrary numbers don't matter... in a gag manga maybe, but maybe they do when authors purposefully set their stories within the social framework of our modern world and draw specific attention them. Maybe just let people decide for themselves where they draw the line?

At any rate I don't remember seeing the original work before, but looking through a few chapters, eh I think it is a pass. The art is nice and all but the central conceit is not funny or entertaining enough to carry the whole thing I feel. Or believable, but I would not expect that from something built solely around a gag anyway.

Or real world logic in fiction in general. It's fiction for a reason haha

Eh, that's a pretty silly stance to take. Just because something is fiction does not mean it can't be based on real world logic. It just depends on the tone and setting of the work.

last edited at Aug 12, 2021 6:02PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

In no world is this girl 10. She's gotta be role-playing.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I-I-I-I wasn't expecting this to get a serialization....but hey I ain't complaining.

I came to say this- I like this manga quite well but i'm suprised it was picked up tbh.

I look forward to reading a longer fleshed out version :) But just like other stories like this, we know its just gonna be teasing and nothing will happen. Still- I can enjoy that regarless.

And ^ nope she is 10 lol. Blame the author and manga logic :) She reminds me of Hotaru from non non biyori but even more extreme.

last edited at Aug 12, 2021 6:12PM

joined Sep 27, 2017

Sure, arbitrary numbers don't matter... in a gag manga maybe, but maybe they do when authors purposefully set their stories within the social framework of our modern world and draw specific attention them. Maybe just let people decide for themselves where they draw the line?

At any rate I don't remember seeing the original work before, but looking through a few chapters, eh I think it is a pass. The art is nice and all but the central conceit is not funny or entertaining enough to carry the whole thing I feel. Or believable, but I would not expect that from something built solely around a gag anyway.

Well I tried to emphasize it was my opinion that I personally think people caring about fictional anime and manga ages is pointless. People can do whatever they want and I'm not telling anyone to think a certain way. I'm simply stating my opinion on something I see people stress over nearly day in anime and manga communities for years, and I think there are far better things to worry about in the world. If people want to spend their time and emotional effort being concerned over the ages of stylized drawings then they can go for it, it simply doesn't make sense to me.

Also yes it's loosely BASED on the "social framework of our modern world" but it's also entirely a fictional stylized manga, where the author can make their own reality and changes to everything and anything within their fictional world.

Eh, that's a pretty silly stance to take. Just because something is fiction does not mean it can't be based on real world logic. It just depends on the tone and setting of the work.

Most fiction takes liberties and follows a course that doesn't follow real world logic to a certain degree. Yes there can be realistic and grounded series, but people often look for real world logic in fiction when the author never asked them to. In the case of this series it's not trying to be realistic, so I don't think my logic and stance is "silly" as you deem it. If I were trying to say this with a different series that is intentionally going for realistic real world drama, then maybe. Even still it's ultimately going to spice things up with certain fictional elements, and even pacing in fiction is often not realistic because it's needs to follow a certain course in order to keep the audience invested.

last edited at Aug 12, 2021 6:19PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.