Forum › My Sister's Best Friend, My Lover discussion

Av
joined Jun 7, 2013

Hmm.. That makes me wonder if there's another character to be introduced. That cover shows four women if I'm not mistaken? Unless the person clinging onto Kiku's back is still Yuuna?

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I think I know where this is going. Two people with unrequited loves for the same person, somehow channel their mutual loneliness into a relationship together.

Edit: Sentress it makes sense there would be another character that has yet to be introduced. Yuuna has new a fience for us to meet after all. However I got the impression it's a man.

last edited at Jul 29, 2021 7:20PM

joined Sep 28, 2018

Getting the impression Kiku is just using Sena as a substitute for her sister.

joined May 15, 2021

Nah that 4th character in the cover isnt a man, the hands are too feminine, the hair is also too long, the clothes are the one of a girl, so unless its some kind of trap i dont think that 4th person is a man

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Upon rereading, I'm kind of impressed with the writing. There's not really much exposition outside of our MC's internal monologue, all of the plot points are coming across.

Anw, seeing how the sister took care of MC in place of their parents, still reached out and care for MC after she left home, plus having a good relationship with her ex-lover, I'd say that the sister seems like a really good person, not selfish or insensitive at all.

While the details might not've been all there, I think springing to any conclusions - on either side about her sister is pretty careless. However, I'm personally leaning towards "insensitive," but not selfish. She's done what's best for her, and that's all anyone should be expected to do (usually).

Kiku is thus far a sensitive person - she's completely tuned into Sena. She knows the crumpled paper is a letter. She knows Sena won't take care of herself if she doesn't come around. She knows that Yuuna is incredibly important to Sena. She grabs the phone away immediately when she sees Sena showing beginning signs of distress, and then proceeds to offer her physical comfort. She's pushy because she's so sensitive to Sena's needs.

Meanwhile, Yuuna sprang the fact she had a girlfriend on her baby sister out of (seemingly) nowhere. She flew off to another country for a work opportunity out of (seemingly) nowhere. After leaving, she chose to place the onus of reaching out on that same sister, leaving her alone with a convenient excuse. Then, at the most inopportune time for said sister, she chose to push the issue, and again sprang unpleasant news on her out of (seemingly) nowhere.

Now, maybe Sena is just really self-absorbed and/or a completely clueless fool, or maybe they're actually totally estranged and she's an unreliable narrator. Assuming none of those are true, all signs currently point to Yuuna being completely disinterested in someone who appears to be excessively dependent on her. Of course, all of this is completely subject to interpretation for now, as anyone could fill a dozen charitable explanations out pretty quickly. We'll see where it goes.

Test
joined Sep 8, 2019

Hmmm based on the Kiku personality I don't think this will end up a Love triangle unless the Big sister is going to be involved on a much larger scale later.

She already announced her marriage so the main story would focus on how MC trying to let go of her Big sister and embrace Kiku as she also loses her Lover, the same person that MC loves.
Assuming how Kiku act she probably already mentioned ahead by MC's Big sister that they're breaking up because she's getting married. That might be the reason why Kiku paying a visit to the Protagonist's apartement.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

The chance of incest is next to none.

As long as the chance's next to me, I'll strangle it before it can even blink.

I was willing to turn a blind eye on the love triangle tag if it included some incest. But now that the incest is looking pretty grim..*sigh I’ll just see how this plays out.

Nana8
joined Jul 27, 2018

Indeed interesting but crossing fingers to not see incest route.

Zzzz
joined Nov 18, 2019

Did y'all listen that?...is a hell of a nightmare...pain

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I'm getting "I want want to date my ex's sister because I know she's in love with her sister, and that tragic one-side love is something I'm into" vibes from this.

Also lmao all the people here that very outspokenly against fictional incest. I feel like all of you are walking into a possible minefield, so uh good luck :P

joined Oct 12, 2017

The nekomura vibes from the art are making me full on miss them, where did they go? D:

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

Beautiful tags all around and beautiful art. Hell yeahhh

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

I wonder if something is gonna happen between the two of them or if it's really gonna be about her sister lol

joined Sep 1, 2017

I really don't want to throw fuel on a fire (I type while grinning evilly) But I find it odd how many people, who seem to really dislike incest, are reading a story with a incest tag.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

johnb posted:

I really don't want to throw fuel on a fire (I type while grinning evilly) But I find it odd how many people, who seem to really dislike incest, are reading a story with a incest tag.

I don't think I really have no-go tags, but the presence of Love triangle probably changes the calculation a lot for someone who does. Yeah, the incest might squick you out, but if adult troubles and drama are your jam at the same time, it's tough to be too picky. The love triangle at a glance gives some hope you can have the cake and eat it too, I'd imagine. On the other hand, what if it's an incestuous love triangle? I guess that'd be a total nightmare for some and they'd nope out immediately.

last edited at Jul 30, 2021 12:43AM

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Damn this is one hot mess

joined Sep 1, 2017

johnb posted:

I don't think I really have no-go tags, but the presence of Love triangle probably changes the calculation a lot for someone who does. Yeah, the incest might squick you out, but if adult troubles and drama are your jam at the same time, it's tough to be too picky. The love triangle at a glance gives some hope you can have the cake and eat it too, I'd imagine. On the other hand, what if it's an incestuous love triangle? I guess that'd be a total nightmare for some and they'd nope out immediately.

That's all well and good. However I've seen message boards go pretty toxic because people complained that a story had a potentially offensive element that was clearly tagged. So maybe this is a read at your own risk kind of situation. Hope for the best but don't go hating if you get the worst.
Honestly from what I've seen so far, the incest thing looks like it will be mostly Sena's unrequited torch she carries for her sister. So all you incest haters should be able to relax.

last edited at Jul 30, 2021 1:41AM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

johnb posted:

That's all well and good. However I've seen message boards go pretty toxic because people complained that a story had a potentially offensive element that was clearly tagged.

Yep yep. I'll continue to repeat that Rule 10 was instituted for this exact purpose. Will do our best to make sure this one doesn't get away from us, as many others have in the past.

last edited at Jul 30, 2021 1:59AM

Yuri Newbie Fan
joined May 16, 2021

My heart drops when she told her little sister that she’s getting married once she comes back, I felt that prick of pain in my chest and Sena's reaction. Also not sure if she’s marrying a man o woman but still..This is interesting to start with, I hope there’s an update sooner.

joined Jan 30, 2021

Now this.....

Is something I like...

Yuri Newbie Fan
joined May 16, 2021

Only if there’s an Unrequited Love tag I think it’s more suitable than Incest coz based on the pacing of scenes the big sister didn’t know her little sister’s romantic feelings towards her.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Getting the impression Kiku is just using Sena as a substitute for her sister.

Interesting perspective, I thought Kiku used Sena's sister to get to Sena.

joined Apr 6, 2021

Wow this one really catches my interest. The whole setup is great with the incest, unrequited love, and future relationship between Kiku and Sena. Whether akiku is using Sena as a substitute or if there are any real feelings there. Curious to see what role the sister is going to have. Also it’s pretty not cool just going away and then dropping it on your sister that you’re getting married, but then again Sena wasn’t really making contact with Yuuna. I also wonder if we’re only going to see her in flashbacks or if she’s actually going to show up and affect the story. But that was still one hell of a setup chapter

last edited at Jul 30, 2021 4:01AM

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Oh nice, this is indeed more tangled than I originally thought. Sweet.

To reply you must either login or sign up.