Forum › My Girlfriend's Not Here Today discussion

joined Aug 29, 2019

Chapters: 1
Jimmies rustled: lots

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Just get rid of Natsume. Coming out can be hard, but if you are so scared that you do not even want to be seen with your partner, while you are perfectly hold hands with another girl, then you really should call it off, because it is unfair to the partner. Yuni is blogging about her life mostly because she is frustrated with Natsume's coward mindset. Yuni can spend the rest of her life doing this way and will never get Natsume to see her as equal, it will not surprise me that Natsume will marry a man and still stringing along Yuni.
It is hard to frame Fuuko as a stalker, After all, Yuni put up a blog about herself, and exposing her identity when she clearly takes some photos with her face showing, Fuuko either by accident saw the blog location in the cell phone, or accidentally run into Yuni's site by chance. For all we know, Yuni might have put her real school name in the blog, thinking that nobody will care.

OK, Fuuko clearly has one or two screws missing in her brain. But nothing she did was out of malice, It just sometimes showed that she was inexperience and also does not understand boundaries, but her transgression is very mild. To sit with Yuni because Yuni typed that she was lonely, that is what a real girlfriend is for. Not Natsume who chose playing volleyball while leaving Yuni all by herself moping. Surely she can either invite Yuni to watch the match, or spend time with Yuni after the match. Instead she behaved like a cheater. Fuuko asked Yuni to let her be the secondary girlfriend, while Natsume does not even resemble 1/10th of a girlfriend. There is only one outcome if Yuni kept trying to date Natsume, which will be Yuni getting abused from Natsume. I think Natsume thought she was the girlfriend of Yuni, but does not understand the difference between girlfriend, and girl friend. Wearing identical underwear which nobody can see...big f****** deal.

Even Citrus' Yuzu and Mei would wear their engagement rings out in the open during weekends, and Yuzu almost always wear her ring as a pendant while at school. While at school sometimes Mei would wear it as a pendant especially if she has a stressful day. The ring became her charm.

I do not see Natsume and Yuni would worked out. One is scared, the other is passive pessimistic.

I wonder if the time spent talking with each other between Yuni and Fuuko in one day is more than the time spent talking with each other between Yuni and Natsume for an entire week.

My conclusion? Dump the coward.

last edited at Jun 21, 2021 10:28AM

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

^ spot on

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

I put half a continent between myself and my home town after high school precisely because actual high school students do – and always have done – this kind of exasperating bullshit all the time. Points for realism, but unless the mangaka does something interesting with it, I don't particularly feel the need to revisit that time of my life (especially because it didn't end when I escaped school, it just got kicked up a couple registers).

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Hard to call it a spoiler when literally the front page shows them having sex while making excuses for cheating.

I didn't really get that from the front page, personally I'm not worried about spoilers for this series. I was mainly hoping to help anyone that does care. However if people don't really think of it as spoilers then that's fine, carry on haha

last edited at Jun 21, 2021 11:05PM

joined Apr 8, 2021

I didn't really get that from the front page, personally I'm not worried about spoilers for this series. I was mainly hoping to help anyone that does care. However if people don't really think of it as spoilers then that's fine, carry on haha

Hands entwined, on a bed, with underwear scattered around, together with possessions directly identifying the characters involved (one girls' phone and the other's book). I'm very curious what your interpretation of this page is, because I can't see it in any other way.

joined Jan 30, 2021

I like this.......

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Hands entwined, on a bed, with underwear scattered around, together with possessions directly identifying the characters involved (one girls' phone and the other's book). I'm very curious what your interpretation of this page is, because I can't see it in any other way.

Oh yeah I think it's also obvious that they have sexual relations based on that page, to clarify I think confirmation of cheating via them having "secret sex" in future chapters could be a bit of a spoiler. I was thinking you were saying the cheating is also obvious and maybe it is, but that's the element I don't get from the page in question. I might also be misunderstanding you, apologies. I mostly thought with this first chapter that there were a few possibilities for future paths, like based on the cover/second page I thought the author might go for poly right away instead of cheating as one example. Maybe naïvely innocent of me heh

Also they were talking about future content on the author's twitter, so I thought it probably counted as a spoiler. I wasn't trying to get on their case or anything, just a friendly heads up is all. Apologies if I said something wrong or came off as rude though, it wasn't my intent.

last edited at Jun 22, 2021 4:15AM

joined Oct 2, 2020

Same shitty plot as any NTR hentai, won't be reading it anytime soon

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

instant subscribed!!!

Nekopop%20avatar%20resized
joined Aug 12, 2020

Let's gooooooooooooooo

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

twitter is zoomer james joyce, huh

that makes too much sense to me and I don't like it

joined Apr 28, 2019

cheating is not cool... but let me go ahead and get into this lmfaoo

joined Apr 2, 2018

chapter 1: more than 100 comments. This is good.
Cheating, scummy characters, believable lies in fiction. Sign me in. LET'S GO (I hope it doesn't get the axe like Luminous did, so much wasted potential. That web of lies, manipulation, duality... All was rushed towards the end.

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

this hurts my heart and makes me all nervous but this is an isnta fav
ok so hear me out, the meanings behind the book and the juice boxes reflecting them is just so genius

last edited at Jul 16, 2021 2:04AM

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

I just realize one thing, because I actually do subscribe the actual Yurihime. Some of you pointed to the color pages before chapter one, indicating 1. There is a three some 2. Yuni slept with Fuuko.
but I went back to check July issue, and there is an color ad about the new manga. It seems to be the "macro" view of the "Yuni slept with Fuuko" picture, where it showed their personal items but without them in it.
The ad shows that Yuni is on the semi-unaddress, with the items shown in the August color page around her. But Fuuko is facing her (where she cannot be seen in the August color page), standing up, and nakid.

Draw your own conclusion.

Imgonline-com-ua-compresstosize-ydiwshq0rx
joined Jan 5, 2021

Its been 84 years

saltyslug5561
Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

I dont know if this makes sense but characters feel like they belong in different mangas with different tones in different genres. On one hand we have a reserved high school girl who has a realistic grasp of her own situation and tries to be as reasonable as possible even with someone who might possibly blackmail her.

Then we have a manic pixie dream girl who speaks and behaves like a side-side character in a cheap visual novel. Like is she figment of Yuni's imagination because her tool of a girlfriend acts like a stranger half the time? Can we talk about Fight Club?

last edited at Jul 22, 2021 7:29AM

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

I completely forgot about this but I am hooked again because Taki and the way she acts. I am hoping we get a chapter soon of Nanase and Yuni being together because I want to see more of their relationship.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

I like this a lot so far! So far Yuni hasn't initiated anything that would go beyond the realm of friendship, but I'm going to guess that we'll see the moment where that changes

joined Mar 26, 2021

Threesome, so very possible that cheating is coming. I hate cheating in manga. About the characters, well Fuuko looks like free spirited girl, the girl she was talking about that she was in love, i think it was Yuni, Natsume a girl is scared of coming out, that wants to focus on volleyball what is not bad I think, i get that as well she scared of coming out but she could invite her "gf" on training or match, or better would be to break up and gets your thoughts want u really want, Yuni a character that look like she is bored all the time.

I am interesting in this manga but im kind of worried that it will make mad later, still im curious where it will go

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

Nice, this girls is very assertive and good example of a confident yuri character.
But i feeling this probably won`t be a cheating because the girls will agree in a three relationship like happen with that other manga.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Dump Nanase. She has no guts, no hearts, and clearly put Yuni as a backburner. Maybe for Yuni Nanase is good at sex? Maybe Nanase is Yuni's type? If Nanase is that scared about being found out, then break up with Yuni. Or just a no string attached sex relationship. I see no particular advantage Nanase has over Fuuko. It is not even close.
Forget about Fuuko's "obsessiveness" or "stalking behaviour". She did one thing that automatically qualifies as a real partner. She protected Yuni when it counted. She also knows and revert to normal boundaries under serious or dangerous situation. Yuni could have been raped, and she did not even realize or thankful to Fuuko. I could not imagine what would have happened if Nanase were there instead of Fuuko.

It is not cheating when your so called girl friend treats you like an after thought, will not admit relationship, etc. This is not a relationship. This is called an affair.
Go ahead and have a nice three some, Yuni, just don't' count on Nanase on anything. Now you know when sh*t hits the fan, who will be there to protect you.

last edited at Jul 22, 2021 9:25PM

joined Jun 3, 2014

another banger from Iwami Kiyoko!!!

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

I'd rather not have cheating in the story, but really so far fuck nanase. Some random girl Yuni met a few days ago is doing a better job at being a gf than nanase does.

To reply you must either login or sign up.