Forum › It's a Detached Relationship. discussion

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

Congrats on getting axed!!

joined Sep 19, 2020

Fuck! I really liked this manga. Oh, well...

Fff
joined Jul 7, 2021

I thought it would be supertoxic till the end... well, I wouldn't say the ending is not realistic. And both the main charaters developing and growing up is very good. But I'm somehow dissapointed. Judging on previous chapters, I thought that maybe I found a manga without happy-end and moving on from unrequited love.

Senkomaid_pinkbg_160
joined Jun 4, 2018

Sei should have taken a long walk off a short pier at the end, or a small jump off a large building. They got my hopes up when it seemed like she was leaving.

What an ugly grotesque person. What she did to Aya should be a crime. Actually no, it actually was a crime, my bad. Aya's obsession is so bad now she's literally eating photographs of Yoru in some kind of trance as a means to dispose of them and maybe absorb her essence??? Like what in the actual fuck? Good job grooming a depressed teenager into being your dom I guess. Fuck. I feel so gross now.

last edited at Jul 19, 2021 11:29PM

joined May 20, 2021

It had a sudden end , i felt like there could have been a few more chapters.
Still it closed things okay.
I feel sorry for the friend of the MC , i hope she finds someone really worth it and not that useless bitch.

joined Jan 30, 2021

This is disgusting...

And I love it so much!
I thought it was gonna end with them going their seperate ways but GUESS WHAT!!! Even people who are emotionally mental gets happy endings too!

joined May 20, 2021

I'm just happy that aya and sei's toxic relationship grows into a happy one. I'm correct before that they just need to be away from the other characters in order to be happy xD

Maybe it never was toxic to begin with?
I mean, you start a relationship with a girl who is heartbroken because of a past unrequited love, you let her call the name of that other girl when having sex because you understand she needs that kind of indulging in order to heal, your presence in her life eventually makes her forget the other chick, she falls for you and the two of you become a real couple, happy end.
Seriously, what toxic?

because aya and haruki missunderstood too late that they are lesbians and actually into each other they both thought the other isn't (haruki received a pat on her head before they entered highschool for her hard work, aya saw haruki ending up being friends with those two girls) so they ended up drifting apart making poor impulsive choices and being ripped apart by both Sei, Mochida and Yoru a**holes that didn't want to deal with their own lifes in healthier ways but instead in shitty toxic one's using those two!

nope definetly not toxic!

You know that the author is flowerchild right? Ofcourse it will end up with the age gap couple against all the odds. But i guess you really love haruki. Tho I don't really care about her. i also don't think aya will fall for her even if there is no sei involved. Well that's only my opinion. Maybe if flowerchild is not the author, your ship will have a chance.

The epilogue timeskip proves us that aya and sei can manage to work out their relationship which I'm fine since i love happy ending and age gap.

I don't mean any harm btw. No need to get hostile especially the manga is over. Nobody can do anything about it.

Don't mean to get hostile either but what some don't understand is Aya and Haruki didn't know that they were lesbians so of course because of misunderstandings (puberty playing a large part in the confusion having no idea why they are angry at each other), being manipulated without their knowledge and making impulsive mistakes they lost each other (unlike in Eve's Medicine which sorta hints at Ibu x Ena being a thing in the future Kaori is leaving soon and Ibu is only interested in sensei's body suspecting already that Ena is a lesbian, hell Shima (who looks like an older Ena) quits banging all the seniors including Kaori and tries to turn over a new leaf by giving the girlfriend experience a try Yuni has still feelings for her old flame (which looks like an older Ibu) so once she notices she is together with another woman...). That is what makes the epilogue sad and why I wish they end up being a couple in the Yuri Garden Verse cause this world is connected via dreams to the main verse so they are subconciously earlier aware of their problems.

Haruki is basically a young Sei (and Sei is still far worse than her) that is put through a nightmare and ends up being completly broken by everyone. Yeah I wanna give the girl a hug and please Ueda no x Mochida that would be even more depressing!

Edit: Think of the Yuri Garden Verse as a different take on Annetai Hotel Kindergarden Sei is Claire and instead of a love hotel we've got a kindergaden. The three kids meet Sei (who in this verse ended up with a Yoru going into an honest relationship) earlier in her life and thus work trough their problems earlier thanks to her guidance. That's how I'd like the final episode to conclude. Bittersweet but with a bit of hope!

The author has a set universe for most characters or it is a fanfic thing?

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Hopefully Yen Press will pick this up for English translation. They seem to be fine dealing with not so fluffy Yuri stories since they licensed Happy Sugar Life and Murcielago. Or maybe Seven Seas since they seem to like picking things up that are finished... I really want this in my collection.

Let's hope the heavens look favorably upon us all and grant our wish.
I absolutely love this manga, I've been in love with it from the very first chapter, and I'd be ecstatic to see it published in English!

Fb_img_1627005325889
joined Apr 26, 2018

The author has a set universe for most characters or it is a fanfic thing?

That's only a headcanon of what that person would like to happened in both warikitta and eve's medicine. I mostly disagree with how she/he interpreted it but i guess it depends on the person on how to cope after reading a manga.

last edited at Jul 19, 2021 8:00PM

joined Jan 3, 2020

Pretty good way to end. I feel like they could have cut down on the drama in the last few chapters as it mostly felt pointless and instead extended this ending to cover multiple chapters. It would have been less rushed-feeling.

Still, nothing is perfect, especially endings.

TheAwooMaster
A8eb27cb4a70a5-a-nw-p
joined Feb 17, 2020

She really went and ate that photography

joined Aug 29, 2019

She really went and ate that photography

Really could have had something to drink with that. :D

Anyway, I really enjoyed the series it (moreso up until chapter 16, but that was as far as I binged it when I found it, so there's certainly a bias). Normally I'd probably be tempted to enter into some discussion about it or another, but not this time.
I liked it, I'll definitely re-read it at some point after the epilogue makes its way here.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

OK, good ending. Now, I think there is an epilogue left, unless my Japanese is so bad that I mis-interpreted Sensei's thank you note.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Aya was the one who went through Sei's files secretly to find Yoru's photo in the first place. She never told Sei that she knows where the photo is. It also seems that that is the ONLY photo of Yoru remaining. By eating the photo, it symbolizes that the sole remaining trace of Yoru is now deleted. Aya never hated Yoru. It also shows that Sei is not the only one who has an obsessive personality, but rather Aya has an even more obsessive personality than Sei.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

This was great. Lots of drama and unvarnished rawness, You just know they are going to be together at the end, but it's the getting there that tears you apart.

By eating the photo, it symbolizes that the sole remaining trace of Yoru is now deleted.

Not only that, but I think it's her taking over Yoru's role in Sei's life, literally consuming the place she had.

Oneplusoneequalstwo
joined Jun 5, 2018

I can't believe this tried to hit me with a romantic ending like it's made me feel anything but contempt for these massive dickheads. Why was the only sane person who was calling out the teacher for her bullshit getting treated like the bad guy? If anything the good part about this ending is that Sei and Aya can abuse and gaslight each other and save everyone else from being a part in their nonsense. Fucking hell.

last edited at Jul 19, 2021 11:18PM

Senkomaid_pinkbg_160
joined Jun 4, 2018

I can't believe this tried to hit me with a romantic ending like it's made me feel anything but contempt for these massive dickheads. Why was the only sane person who was calling out the teacher for her bullshit getting treated like the bad guy? If anything the good part about this ending is that Sei and Aya can abuse and gaslight each other and save everyone else from being a part in their nonsense. Fucking hell.

LOL Right?? Oh man, the way they did those last few pages like everything is just fluffy and fine, I couldn't see it any other way than twisted.

joined Mar 8, 2019

I keep talking but I just have to gush. I totally understand how Sei could fall for Aya though. One of the reasons Sei fell for Yoru was because Yoru was ‘kind’ to Sei. Yoru didn’t reject or mock her when Sei confessed her feelings, even slept with her, and for a young Sei, a teenage lesbian growing up in a society where her sexuality pretty much means she’ll be treated worse than a whore afflicted with leprosy, that was everything.

Then Aya comes along. Aya pretty much does the same thing Yoru does. But there’s also the extra bits, experiences she didn’t get to share with Yoru, those domestic moments they couldn’t share as kids because they lived with adults.

They spend more time together in Sei’s apartment. It’s not shocking that Sei begins to see Aya for who is. An independent homebody who shares the same interests seeing as they’re both smart….

And I think for Aya, she was so empty before that Sei filled her with so many feelings. First was affection, then curiosity, which blossomed into desire. Of course there was also pain. But that pain showed Aya how strong she really is.

Aya learned her own worth I think. She didn’t back down when Yoru came back. She became assertive and learned how defend Sei and in turn herself….

Of course this series is not perfect and the characters certainly aren’t. There were a couple chapters that might have dragged a bit after the three month hiatus, but over all a super enjoyable read with yes, slightly exaggerated characters, but somehow still believable for me.

I reiterate that I need this series in my collection so I’m probably gonna start tweeting and emailing whoever publishes Yuri Manga.

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

science has proven that consuming photographs is an excellent source of plant based protein

joined Feb 6, 2020

I'm just happy that aya and sei's toxic relationship grows into a happy one. I'm correct before that they just need to be away from the other characters in order to be happy xD

Maybe it never was toxic to begin with?
I mean, you start a relationship with a girl who is heartbroken because of a past unrequited love, you let her call the name of that other girl when having sex because you understand she needs that kind of indulging in order to heal, your presence in her life eventually makes her forget the other chick, she falls for you and the two of you become a real couple, happy end.
Seriously, what toxic?

Yesss, finally there's one person who have the same thought with me. I thought I was the only one who think that, haha

rereading you realize Aya jumped into this relationship because she did not know Haruki was a lesbian herself that's why she wanted to forget and move on so by that point it was to late and the mistakes that both ended up doing made it impossible for them to go back and she ended up doing the heartbreaking decision of walking away from Haruki

I see, I also remember that detail of the manga. At the beginning of the manga, Aya is kinda like she doesn't want to join with everyone in the class even with Haruki because she feels like not to adapt with everyone in high school. That's why she came to the date app to look for "the relationship" she want to find. Actually she just wants to find a real friend she can talk and shares the mutual interests of food or movies, sth kinda like that, so I think at this detail, Aya may not think Haruki like "a real friend" she feels because one of the details of the manga I remember is that "Aya wants to have meaningful friendships with others before getting into the relationship and she wants to be a functional human being", so I think at this point, Aya just feels about Haruki like "someone she can talk to", and Aya also said that if Haruki had a boyfriend, she would have a bless from Aya, so I think Aya see Haruki no more than "someone she talks to" or just a friend and have no any interest in Haruki. Besides, about Haruki, I think she's a good friend and care so much about Aya, but that careness of Haruki, I think sometimes it's too much, I mean Haruki cares about Aya so much that she even goes into Aya's privacy so much, not to respect Aya's privacy at all, which I think it may "break" their relationship somehow.

But I also wonder myself about this detail. That is why Aya and Haruki didn't know that they're lesbian when they've already slept together, and also why they slept together, why Aya allows/lets herself sleep with Haruki while inside of Aya doesn't want it actually (I think so). I just think like this (in my opinion) the "toxic" relationship here, the relationship that makes me feel kinda forced and tired here maybe the relationship between Aya and Haruki if they were a couple because Haruki always cares so much about Aya but Aya is always kinda like at somehere else or in her own world, not actually to notice so much about Haruki, so it may be tired for them if they develop to that relationship between them. I just think so, don't know it's right for sure

MeiLangSakalam
271731483_478678657204397_1801763266118199384_n
joined Mar 26, 2021

ohh its finished??? well yeah finally their story ended right? im happy for them

last edited at Jul 20, 2021 3:08AM

Frogrock
joined Apr 6, 2021

This 100% was going to get another volume with how they did the last few chapters, without a doubt it was forced to cut early. Ending was about as much as you could expect from how the last few chapters played out, but it could've been better without the shitty symbolism at the end with the photograph that Aya's obsession with Sei is still unholy toxic. Would've definitely appreciated a more mature and healthy ending to what started as a "Detached Relationship" that kind've more or less just got worse with that whole Aya becoming a stronger poison to erase Sei's past trauma from Yoru. Won't blame the author at all since it's very apparent imo that they had intended for another volume since Mochida and partly Haruki's roles within the story got severely swept under the rug. Overall a decent series with great art though.

joined Sep 4, 2016

This is totally going to end well. I'm sure no one will eventually end up with a knife in their back or anything.

Seriously, though, eating a photograph of your lover's ex? That's some next level yandere shit right there.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Not as bad as it could have been, but certainly not a good ending either. It also really feels like the story would have been basically the same without Haruki and she was only included to make her suffer...

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

This is totally going to end well. I'm sure no one will eventually end up with a knife in their back or anything.

Seriously, though, eating a photograph of your lover's ex? That's some next level yandere shit right there.

No it's not, it's just Aya being an Alpha Lesbian.

I'm totally looking forward to the Epilogue.

last edited at Jul 20, 2021 5:33AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.