Forum › Posts by OurDespair

OurDespair
School Zone discussion 01 Oct 20:29
joined Sep 19, 2020

I can't fucking believe it. All it took was just a little bit of ignoring? And more importantly, did Kei just shimamura'd yokoe all this time?

OurDespair
School Zone discussion 02 Sep 06:18
joined Sep 19, 2020

Yokoe has some internal homophobia going on exactly because REI has it,

No, Rei doesn't have any. She is aware of her feelings towards Kei, accept them, and perfectly fine with girls loving other girls.

It's not "teenagers worrying over nothing", it's teenagers coming to terms with their own identity, teen years are literally the moment in our lives where we're trying to figure shit out and that's the story we're reading.

Yeah, only problem: we know nothing about Kei's perspective and can only guess based on her words and actions. Not the most exposed story isn't it?

As it is nothing will change in their relationship not even in 5 or 10 years. Both are perfectly fine with the status quo, and there isn't any intervention from the outside. Negoro tried to be a resonable mediator, but it didn't work out. At that point no matter what happens they would be back to square 1.

OurDespair
School Zone discussion 02 Sep 05:51
joined Sep 19, 2020

Ch.49 beg to differ,i'm pretty sure Kei back down on those feelings because Rei feared a rejection and played the "it was a joke" card. She still has those feelings but because dumby Rei is dumb and had to go "joke desu", she think Rei didn't have feelings.

First Rei tries water with all the romance between girls talk, Kei is unwelcoming. Then that slipped confession, the situation gets dangerous, there is the risk it's all over. Then Rei compliments her hair and Kei makes it short the next day, and keep it at it ever since. That's a big slap on the face.

Nothing of that tells us "Kei really likes her that way". And that was before Rei became a clown.

Kei is aware of Rei's feelings, the last chapter all but confirms it, thought it was obvious even before. It's just that Kei wants to keep the distance, and Rei is complying.

That's the biggest bruh i ever made, Don't think that's even a possibility

Well, yeah, it's not that kind of manga.

OurDespair
School Zone discussion 01 Sep 21:44
joined Sep 19, 2020

Ironically, it's a smaller gap. Hell can you really call it age gap for one year ?

Of course not. Kishiya is right in Fuji's strike zone. At least, I hope she is. Because after almost one hundred chapters my patience is starting to run a tad thin, and I think some progress has to be made by someone somehow. I'd prefer for Yokoe and Sugiura to finally work out their issues, but I will take Fuji and Kishiya for the time being if that is what's on offer.

I really doubt that would be the case any time soon.
1) Yuka seems to be closer to Kaname than to Fuji, at least they are hanging out from time to tim. And her call was more important than whatever Fuji was trying to say.
2) All the Rei-Kei ark resolved in Rei reinforcing the thought that their relationship is right as it is.(it's clearly not). But it can't go on like that.

Its either:
1) Kei don't love Rei back romantically and sooner or later will find a boyfriend. 2) She does love her back, but then all the plot suddenly looks really fucking stupid. Just a bunch of teenagers worrying over nothing instead of finally fucking each other.

So far there is no evidence of Kei being attracted to Rei. Quite the opposite. But anyway, she seems to be aware of Rei's feelings and choose to hang out with her despite all of that. From that point on all Yokoe had to do is to pierce that barrier somehow. But she doesn't even have resolve for it.

Anyway, it isn't ending any time soon. I hope Ningiyau knows what she is doing. I want to read her sword and magick manga in my lifetime..

OurDespair
Matazoro. discussion 29 Aug 17:08
joined Sep 19, 2020

If I had a nickel for every silly 4-koma hiding emotional trauma, I'd have two nickels. Which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice.

The second is Machikado or am I in for a surprise?

joined Sep 19, 2020

Awesome. Gender confusion done properly... Maybe. Cool character design for the nerd, vividly drawn emotions, and I got the feeling that the misunderstanding will be resolved more interestingly than "I though you were guy, but I don't mind if you're girl".

OurDespair
joined Sep 19, 2020

Don't like it.
-"Occultist" is pointless and only wastes time.
-No satisfying conclusions in sight. Even if everyone dies than what? No morale in the story, characters aren't the kind you can feel attached to and so on...
- If it wasn't just accidents, than a) we've been lied to. or b) Tokiko has some supernatural or big brain means. Neither of it makes a good mystery story.
- If it were just accidents, than what's the point? Just a mental experiment of "what ifs"?
- Not even yuri.

joined Sep 19, 2020

Am I supposed to be on any of these characters sides?

I don't think you are meant to, but it's an option nonetheless. It certainly adds to the feeling of how good this manga is.

It's probably the one instance of Reversal tag done best. Airi is not portrayed either as profoundly evil, or as a bully who can be justified. She is just an asshole who was full of herself or rather insensitive and indifferent. Cowardly to boot. And how wonderfully their relationship evolved. From consented bullying to treating Hina like trash to absolute dependence on her. Yeah, that feels impactful. It's funny how Airi was cheerfully at the start with her perversions and how they became her nightmare fuel later on.

At that point, I don't even know anymore if a happy ending is possible. Even if yes, do I want these people to be happy? Probably something along the lines of: Megane gets exposed, everyone blame her and make her a punching bag. The other two friends of Airi contact her and make up with her. At the same time Hine feels like they can't live on like this and sacrifices her relationship with Airi, by telling her all about her schemes in order to convince her to go back. Somehow after all of this they regain their social life and their relationship is not completely broken.

But it still feels soooooo much out of place. Only Ichika will be happy in this Mayhem. If she can survive the yandere's rage....

OurDespair
joined Sep 19, 2020

That's some very fucked and fun revenge plot.

I'm not sure, but:

You are terminally ill
Your friend was bullied and traumatized
Stalk the now depressed bully
Make her want to live again
Make her fall for you
Die
???
PROFIT

What could have gone wrong, indeed?

OurDespair
joined Sep 19, 2020

Do we have a chance for this ship to transcend to canon? Especially in light of Mako x Yoshida is all but official now.
Het shit Nico tried shoving down our throats was disgusting.
What do you think?

OurDespair
Image Comments 16 Oct 18:09
joined Sep 19, 2020
Fbfzl-4vqamyasc-orig%20(1)

My support for this couple is eternal.

joined Sep 19, 2020

Also the "butterfly" was rather ambiguous and disturbing.

Was it caterpillar-Tomoko turning into butterfly, or her having sex with a noname male? Was this ambiguity on purpose?

OurDespair
Image Comments 11 Oct 19:47
joined Sep 19, 2020
Fbhrpuiviayafvw-orig

@GrimEater

Justified. She loses her emojiface in rare moments of being honest with herself.

joined Sep 19, 2020

Well, it's cruel to them both, though none of them did anything wrong.

I don't really like Asuka. She is probably "the worst of happy endings" in my list. But her suffering is heartbreaking too.

Maybe the canon AUs were supposed to be like the tool to give everyone a happy ending?

Something like Asuka gets Tidymoko(closest to the original), Ucchi gets Delinqmoko(max grossness), Hina gets Popular Moko(bonding over simmilar fate).
Yuri gets the original.

OurDespair
Image Comments 09 Oct 05:32
joined Sep 19, 2020
Fbhrpuiviayafvw-orig

I like this manga so much, but at the same time it makes me nervous.

OurDespair
joined Sep 19, 2020

Urgh.

I want Miki's side story, or at least resolution. Probably the best character in the manga.

OurDespair
Pretender discussion 31 Aug 19:40
joined Sep 19, 2020

Love Kodama's works. Unique author. Shitty people trying to make connections. This is so realistic. Good stuff.

This one is kinda mild by her standards , though.

OurDespair
Yuri Danshi discussion 17 Aug 19:59
joined Sep 19, 2020

I wish I never read it.

Not because it is bad. Though it does lacking, and the, the MC is a creep sometimes.

But because the comment section and meta level. Erika Friedman calls all yuri male fans "losers"? Some sorry lesbian on the internet wants all the guy authors to quit and is enraged because yuri is not always match with her very specific expectations? What kind of shit is this? Why all this hate?

If you are not doing any stupid stuff, like shipping people irl, or stalking (which is creepy regardless of "genre"). Or enforcing your rules upon how everyone must behave. Than what s the fucking problem?

If you are not 2d, congrats, you already have the right to enjoy the genre.

It doesn't represent a real life reletionship? Okay. Why must it? Every fiction, even if the author on purpose tries to make it feel real or translate their experience, is already distorted by their perception. Therefore every fiction is somewhat idealistic, even if it is twisted.

( Not to mention real life itself is a pile of blury rules that tend to break depending on the circumstances)

Argh, so irritating.

OurDespair
Image Comments 10 Aug 20:32
joined Sep 19, 2020
E3opqxtuuaecj3x-orig

Judging by novels, it should be the other way around (bust size). Or maybe it is just an Adachi's distortion of perception?

OurDespair
joined Sep 19, 2020

Ah, yuri genre truly has so many masterpieces!

Summary: Sato did nothing wrong. Her "friend" was never her friend at all. She wavered when she seen Sato's aunt. And when she discovered the truth instead of trying to reason with Sato (though I admit, it is a dumb idea, but she most likely wouldn't die in that scenario), the first thing to do for her is to sneakly take a picture and sell her friend to someone, ultimately dooming her entire "castle".

That being said, despite I , to some degree , admire Sato, its better to stay away from her, the farthest the better.

Great story with alot of controversial points and usage of gray to black morale spectrum.

I even started to doubt if it is really that good to be completely sane and rational. The characters are fucked, but when it comes to love , their devition is something... Don't know, inspiring? I don't think this is the right word.

Compared to that love , real life love is somehow down to earth, pragmatic and banal. Sterile. (Unless you are unexperienced teenager). It is almost like the "imaginary" love is real and the "real" one is fake.

OurDespair
Image Comments 20 Jul 08:00
joined Sep 19, 2020
E6pm67jvuaej6zc-orig

@VPedge

Fuck. How bad is it? I mean, I quit when i got the job, some time after HotS release. And they were doing kinda fine up to that point. (HoT trailer was strong, HotS not as explicit, but kinda driving too). Noir event had a decent Seele x Bronya chemistry, as well as the cooking show... What happened?

If you are talking about the kiss scene. Well, they did not delete it from the english release, just chinese. From music video too, despite they were called there "friends" ,lol.

last edited at Jul 20, 2021 8:05AM

joined Sep 19, 2020

Fuck! I really liked this manga. Oh, well...

OurDespair
Image Comments 17 Jul 10:22
joined Sep 19, 2020
E6pm67jvuaej6zc-orig

^ Nah, Gen Mihoyo are pussies. Unlike Chad Honky , we will never get anything more than "someone half-hinted at something". Even het is banned here, lol.

That said , artist will have to do all the romantic stuff for fandom themselves. Like Negom's out-of-nowhere Ganquin.

OurDespair
Image Comments 13 Jul 11:54
joined Sep 19, 2020
91079285_p0

^ Well, in their "ten years later" chapters we could see that their roles somehow managed to switch.

last edited at Jul 13, 2021 11:54AM

OurDespair
Image Comments 03 Jul 07:54
joined Sep 19, 2020
Yande.re%20711845%20adachi_sakura%20adachi_to_shimamura%20dress%20heels%20shimamura_hougetsu%20summer_dress%20wave_ride%20yuri

But yeah, it is still like three times less than yaoi and infinitely less than het.