Forum › Jyoshikou Dakara Safe discussion

joined Sep 11, 2019

Mary getting her comeuppance for all the shit she's done

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I had to restrain myself from picking up my monitor and throwing it out the window. Holy fuck the introduction of Mary only gets more annoying and worse.

Yes I get that the author is using Mary as a tool to bring out the emotions dwelling within the characters, but in my opinion Mary is a fucking awful tool and should just be deleted from existence. There were better ways to bring out the emotions needed to progress the story and characters.

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

I had to restrain myself from picking up my monitor and throwing it out the window. Holy fuck the introduction of Mary only gets more annoying and worse.

Yes I get that the author is using Mary as a tool to bring out the emotions dwelling within the characters, but in my opinion Mary is a fucking awful tool and should just be deleted from existence. There were better ways to bring out the emotions needed to progress the story and characters.

The problem with Mary is she is just bad writing. Introducing a new character to create new situations for your MC's is fine, if it is done natually and the flow is right. Mary is just a one dimensional character who is just a wrecking ball and forces situations. Also judging from her reaction from being shouted at, I say next chapter she is going to feel bad and apologise and all that she has done will be brushed over as she is just a pervert.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

The problem with Mary is she is just bad writing. Introducing a new character to create new situations for your MC's is fine, if it is done natually and the flow is right. Mary is just a one dimensional character who is just a wrecking ball and forces situations. Also judging from her reaction from being shouted at, I say next chapter she is going to feel bad and apologise and all that she has done will be brushed over as she is just a pervert.

I think what you're saying is fair, for me though it felt like the characters were getting closer on their own without any outside "help" (or in this case interference). So it felt frustrating for me that the author would introduce a new character into the mix here instead of focusing on their relationship dynamic, and having the characters properly communicate with each other. Mary was basically a bomb dropped on the situation, one made out of bad writing as you said.

Rsz_wa
joined Sep 5, 2019

The ol' "its not what you think!" situation which could be resolved with 1 sentence but isn't in order to foster drama, lol

Fishy
joined Oct 19, 2020

Fucking finally. I have no idea how getting crept on by Mary ended up in them being friend'ish, to begin with - any normal person would nope the fuck out of that kind of situation. I know they will "resolve" it and they will all be "friends" again, but even in such a lighthearted series, it's really hard to stomach this level of badly written character interaction.

saltyslug5561
Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Am I supposed to feel sad for Nanase after all the shit she has pulled? Oh no this is a only misunderstanding. She totally isnt a creep and this girl isnt here to make her look better by comparison. This shit is so transparent

67312274_634467850367572_3571401392662773760_n
joined May 16, 2019

I think what you're saying is fair, for me though it felt like the characters were getting closer on their own without any outside "help" (or in this case interference). So it felt frustrating for me that the author would introduce a new character into the mix here instead of focusing on their relationship dynamic, and having the characters properly communicate with each other. Mary was basically a bomb dropped on the situation, one made out of bad writing as you said.

50d13a199dce85e34f5bbb7ccb4f798c
joined Jan 4, 2021

Thank god she finally told her to fuck off. Mary is creepy and annoying af. Now, for the love god, PLEASE just talk about your feelings

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

No wonder Mary don't got any friends. She's creepy af. Unless she fixes her behavior, can she just fuck off to the void and never come back pls.

Bleach_chan
joined Jul 14, 2021

Kind of like "The Room" of yuri manga. You're tearing us apart, Mary!

TheAwooMaster
A8eb27cb4a70a5-a-nw-p
joined Feb 17, 2020

I hate Mary as much as Nanase hates her... She ruined everything with her bullying method and creepy behavior, I really hope things will be cleared between Momo and Nanase :<

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

highschool girls are scary

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Mary: rapes Nanase and does everything in her power to distrupt her love life
Nanase: I hate you
Mary: surprised Pikachu face

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Petition to ditch this mess of a main story and turn the series into a wholesome sports manga focused on the basketball captain instead

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

This manga may not be "good" or "well written" but here I am, having read every currently released chapter and that much worse for it

joined Mar 8, 2020

Well with chapter 32 out as free chapter, and new chapter 33 as paid, the serie is ending in 5 more chapter as per announcement in comic-fuz twitter, and i think in chapter 33 too, tho if you want to avoid any possible spoiler for chapter 33, i would avoid clicking the tweet lol

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

What is this I see? Is the relationship going to move forward? Can that be?

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

They're getting mad at the Momo girl for not confessing and straightening everything out but... her whole relationship with the other girl has been nothing but weird mixed messages from her since chapter one???

Images%20(3)
joined Aug 6, 2021

Mary is fucking disgusting and poorly implemented into the story but at this point fuck Nanase, too. Wtf is this dumb "if she was your gf none of this would've happened" shit, lmao. Mary raped Nanase but Nanase was turned into this "go along with everything and think about it later" lame-ass average shoujo babe.

Look at chapter 16 and how she changed from there. She literally shouted that they are lovers and to leave them alone, now she let's herself get fucked in front of her lover and enjoys it, ight. And only after she thinks "this might've been bad and hurt Momo".

This is the weakest "omg realize your feelings everyone" hurr durr bullshit an author has pulled in a long time. No need to force and change every character on a whim to progress. If you suck ass at writing and don't know how to progess just ask to cancel your own series ffs

Momo should just move on to someone else at this point, Nana is trash now.

last edited at Aug 11, 2021 11:33AM

joined Apr 3, 2021

They're getting mad at the Momo girl for not confessing and straightening everything out but... her whole relationship with the other girl has been nothing but weird mixed messages from her since chapter one???

wait the kiss request for the ice cream then the kiss at the pool were mixed messages?
not to mention the many attempts from Nanase to get into Momo's pants were mixed messages?

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

"That Nanase has made her feelings for you perfectly clear this whole time" EXCUSE ME WUT? She is talking out her ass. Nanase has not once confessed and has just either done pranks and played things off, or done things that borderline on bullying. Not even mentioning the molesting she has done to Momo in her sleep (though of course she won't know that though). Also, really there is no rush here as Nanase does not like Mary at all and she doesn't hide it so I don't see how Momo needs to confess now because there is no way Mary is stealing Nanase.

Also I kinda view this as the pot calling the kettle black as Ren and the other girl took some time to confess and needed a little push so Momo's doing nothing wrong. I am bit bothered as well that nobody corrected Momo's view on a relationship has to start with lewd things. Unless Ren and other girl have already started doing lewd things which would be a surpise development to me.

joined Jun 3, 2020

For everyone who is calling BS on Nanase having made her feelings clear: she did so in the very first chapter!
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/jyoshikou_dakara_safe_ch01#13

Images%20(3)
joined Aug 6, 2021

For everyone who is calling BS on Nanase having made her feelings clear: she did so in the very first chapter!
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/jyoshikou_dakara_safe_ch01#13

"It is because I like you, you are such a cutie, it makes me want to play around with you" DOES NOT equal "I got romantic feelings for you/I love/like you, please go out with me". Both characters are ambiguous in their acts and neither made clear they are specifically-romantically interested in the other.

That is why Momos view is "I need to do lewd stuff and shit to go out with her" because Nana was always ambiguous in playing around with her and feeling it (enjoying?) when Mary raped her while Momo watched.

joined Jul 23, 2021

Look at chapter 16 and how she changed from there. She literally shouted that they are lovers and to leave them alone, now she let's herself get fucked in front of her lover and enjoys it, ight. And only after she thinks "this might've been bad and hurt Momo".

Couldn't agree with you more on this part, the story is always Nanase showing affection or pranks towards Momo, although some are considered as molest but Momo didn't really show out her hates towards that too, from here you can definitely read there's some feelings going on between them. Then some simply nobody out of nowhere decided to blackmail and rape, and Nanase gave in easily while before that she always doesn't want anybody to bother them, just a blackmail and you decided to let her fk you in front of your crush, yo seriously then why the fk author build up the storyline like that in the first place, this is so random, character development and story just suddenly evolve backwards, like I'm watching kirito in SAO lol.

To reply you must either login or sign up.