Forum › Posts by Snargle7789

Snargle7789
Liberty discussion 14 Sep 02:29
Bleach_chan
joined Jul 14, 2021

Honestly, if Maki doesn't accept Liz back I wouldn't be surprised.

I would be very surprised if that happened. Maki already expressed that she hoped she'll be "worthy" of Liz some day, if the translation is accurate. This was post-cheating mind you. I'm a bit conflicted, because on the one hand it would be really, really cathartic to see Liz experience some kind of consequence from her actions and to see Maki actually stand up for herself. On the other hand, this will be cemented as a 9/10 comedy for me if everything gets handwaved in a generic ending. Either way, it'll be great! I can't believe I doubted this work in the beginning.

Snargle7789
Liberty discussion 12 Sep 19:44
Bleach_chan
joined Jul 14, 2021

It's going to be real disappointing when this car crash of a series has a boring typical ending

Heard that. I can't believe that I previously missed the part in Chapter 9 where Liz gets totally down that she gave an interview and the writer edited out all her pretentious bullshit about saving the world via "Liberty!," and she's so bummed that she wants to just give up and go home but Maki gives her the old, "You're Liz! Everybody's here to see you!" pep talk so Liz gets a renewed fighting spirit and goes off to do her thing.

But first she punches the shit out of Maki. In gratitude, I guess:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/liberty_ch09#11

So I suppose for the ending she's going to go find Maki in Osaka and apologize for cheating on her and beg her to take her back, and even though Tsucchi warns her not to fall into the same old trap Maki realizes that Liz really does love her and needs her, so the two of them reconcile.

Then Liz sets Maki on fire.

Non non non, friend. You've got it backwards. Liz is going to find Maki so that Maki can apologize to Liz, and beg her to get back together. And THEN get set on fire.

last edited at Sep 12, 2022 7:45PM

Snargle7789
Liberty discussion 12 Sep 19:40
Bleach_chan
joined Jul 14, 2021

^ You do realize that's a pic from the time when they were happy, before the shit hit the fan and everything went down the drain... right?

I do believe that's the point they're making. The high point in their relationship was Maki being walked all over, figuratively and literally.

Snargle7789
Bleach_chan
joined Jul 14, 2021

Hey wait a second. Was this all an elaborate setup for an isekai?

Snargle7789
Bleach_chan
joined Jul 14, 2021

Ayy, our girl finally told cringe-kun to fuck off.

Snargle7789
Bleach_chan
joined Jul 14, 2021

a poop fake out, huh
Natsuki almost got shidded on…

also, Aoya is either the murderer, or he’s gonna die next chapter

I hope so. Unless Aoya is trying to kill Tokiko right now, his actions seem insanely moronic to me. Also, I think imouto has to die first so someone can react to it - Tokiko certainly wouldn't give a shit.

Snargle7789
Bleach_chan
joined Jul 14, 2021

The biggest mystery in this story is how random weirdos keep getting into Tokiko's hospital room.

Snargle7789
Liberty discussion 28 Feb 15:28
Bleach_chan
joined Jul 14, 2021

A three month wait for a chapter that did nothing to move the plot along and literally left off where the previous one did. Hell, I'm not even mad, I'm impressed! This story has come full-circle for me and become a "so bad it's good" work of art.

Bleach_chan
joined Jul 14, 2021

Why do I sense an awful time-skip resolution coming?

Snargle7789
Bleach_chan
joined Jul 14, 2021

I have to wonder if the author is being intentionally ironic or not with the pres/vice-pres position here. They're both bullying Satsuki this very moment with the framing and gaslighting. Are they meant to be inconsistent, or would they agree that they deserve to be murdered now?

Snargle7789
Bleach_chan
joined Jul 14, 2021

Sidenote: what if Shiori is part of the reason Hinakos family died o.o

I've had that same thought. Why is she specifically a mermaid? Random choice, or something to do with the accident involving the ocean?

Snargle7789
Bleach_chan
joined Jul 14, 2021

I'm impressed in an odd way. I don't really like either character and have no desire to see them get together, at least with how they are now. I can only think of maybe 2 other works where I felt like that, out of the hundreds of yuri I've read lol.

Snargle7789
Semelparous discussion 23 Oct 19:09
Bleach_chan
joined Jul 14, 2021

This is a pretty good comedy.

Snargle7789
Bleach_chan
joined Jul 14, 2021

I'm so glad this is being translated and uploaded here. Even without understanding what the characters were saying, this became one of my favorites in less than a dozen chapters. Hu Luoluo is great, and her contrast with Song Li is really fun.

Bleach_chan
joined Jul 14, 2021

I doubted Kiku's motivations up until now, but it no longer seems likely that she's up to shennanigans. Now I'm guessing the story will more so be about testing her patience and persistence, given what a mess Sena is.

Bleach_chan
joined Jul 14, 2021

Something I noticed while rereading the chapter - if we go with the interpretation that Kiku fell in love with Sena due to that meeting on the bench, that means that the reason she and the sister broke up was likely because Kiku fell in love with Sena. At the very least, it happened before she saw her sleep-talking to the sister, since her expression and the heartbeat sfx imply she was already in love with her, added to the "I felt some kind of expectation" line as she was walking into the house.

This would make sense more than "Kiku and Yuuna broke up for unknown reasons and now Kiku is after Sena for nefarious reasons".

My personal interpretation of that sequence was that she was half-expecting to find her corpse there, especially with the "she's still alive" line thrown in.

Snargle7789
Bleach_chan
joined Jul 14, 2021

Kind of like "The Room" of yuri manga. You're tearing us apart, Mary!