Forum › School Zone discussion

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Oh my God I could've sworn Utsugi and Kaname were the same character.

Jesus, literally everything about the twins is so difficult to keep track of. Suddenly I can't recall which sister is living which life with which people @_@

And I still have no idea why one of them hates the other so much! She's been waaay too mean for it to be something as dumb and simple as "You're better than me so I hate you" when the nicer twin is so openly friendly all the time, being so mean over just that would go beyond just pettiness.

last edited at Jul 11, 2021 1:26PM

joined May 15, 2021

Why do i feel like Hiragi gonna end up being the nice twin and Tsubaki being an asshole xd

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

And I still have no idea why one of them hates the other so much! She's been waaay too mean for it to be something as dumb and simple as "You're better than me so I hate you" when the nicer twin is so openly friendly all the time, being so mean over just that would go beyond just pettiness.

Teenagers are nothing if not illogical emotional messes.

But to explain it's not just that Tsubaki is often seen as the more capable and better twin when compared to HIiragi, it's that Tsubaki doesn't see herself as worth anything and that feedbacks as unintentionally insulting to Hiiragi. To paraphrase Hiiragi it's "If you're useless what does that make me?"

Is it dumb and doesn't make sense? Absolutely. Does that describe teenagers? Abso-fucking-lutely.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Jesus, literally everything about the twins is so difficult to keep track of. Suddenly I can't recall which sister is living which life with which people @_@

From what I remember it's not just "you're better than me", it's you're better than me and you have no confidence in yourself. It doesn't justify her being mean of course, but the her twin's skills and lack of confidence in those skills are a hugely undermining factor for her and her own efforts that she needs to overcome.

Edit:

Teenagers are nothing if not illogical emotional messes.

But to explain it's not just that Tsubaki is often seen as the more capable and better twin when compared to HIiragi, it's that Tsubaki doesn't see herself as worth anything and that feedbacks as unintentionally insulting to Hiiragi. To paraphrase Hiiragi it's "If you're useless what does that make me?"

Is it dumb and doesn't make sense? Absolutely. Does that describe teenagers? Abso-fucking-lutely.

Thanks, I think you described it much better than I did. Also thanks for reminding me of that line, "If you're useless what does that make me?", that line stings like hell.

last edited at Jul 11, 2021 1:54PM

Takasaki Reika
Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

T-Tsubaki...? are you....okay....?

uhh,you're kinda scary here.....

man....wtf happened to them in the past....i want to see their backstory....

last edited at Jul 11, 2021 2:47PM

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Hopefully the next chapter will be of their backstory, poor Utsugis gonna get caught up in the mess now

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

I never liked Tsubaki’s whole siscon deal, and still hope she gets over it but man did this chapter hurt, Ningyau is really good at mixing in the comedy with the angst at the perfect ratio every time to perfectly move the story along.

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Why do i feel like Hiragi gonna end up being the nice twin and Tsubaki being an asshole xd

...Yeah... this whole chapter felt vaguely threatening.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

This girl really up here about to turn into a yandere. Her and Kaname are going to go on a psycho spree. Who’s next?

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

I thought you were on the verge of a conspiracy theory with that first part.

Regarding, the second… They go to two different schools and have two different vibes (the twins). Utsugi is childish and feels somewhat naive, at times. Kaname is also quite childish, but is like a gyaru and has like a hidden dark side or something. I thought it would be easy to type the differences, but they are kind of alike on a surface level. Regardless, I think I mixed the twins a little at the start of the series myself.

What I really want to see, though, is Hiiragi interacting with the nurse more. She’s so different around her.

saltyslug5561
Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Oh come on. Tsubaki shouldnt act like Hiragi disowned her just because she was befriended by an excitable puppy at school. Would it be better if she was still miserable? Quite selfish of her honestly.

joined Feb 22, 2018

The problem is that their individual personality is a moody loner. And nothing drives a moody loner crazy than being in close proximity to another moody loner. Eventually they'll reconcile, but only after they begin to establish their individual lives independently of each other. And I think that is what Tsubaki realized on the last page: that separation between her and Hiiragi is inevitable.

Madame_Firenze
76047650-352-k633682
joined Jul 17, 2015

I think people are really misinterpreting the tone of this chapter. The feeling I get from the last panel isn’t her going yandere mode or something, and she’s not being a petulant brat either. She’s upset because she’s tried really hard to be kind and supportive to the person she cares about the most and has never had those feelings reciprocated. And now that person has finally been able to open up like Tsubaki always wanted her to, but only for someone else. So she’s gotten what she wanted—to help her sister be happy—but she wasn’t able to be the one Hiiragi connected with despite trying for years. It’s a bittersweet melancholic feeling, and she probably feels somewhat guilty as well for being selfish. It’s genuinely a really well-written scenario.

Ayayayahuasca
370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

She just wants to be friends with Hiiragi, and Utsugi just drives the knife even deeper and twists it
Everything that's happened so far only serves to drive them even further apart from each other, and Tsubaki's the only one feeling the pain of it
Couldn't even ask her if she could borrow the pencil led

last edited at Jul 11, 2021 6:17PM

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Yeah I still don't accept the whole "You're better than you think you are, so I hate you for not believing in yourself even though that just makes you feel even worse about yourself in the first place."

I can't help but feel it's one of the dark sides of japanese culture rearing it's ugly head again.
The awful and backwards idea that one must be proactively and unfailingly accommodating of everyone else's circumstances so as to not bother them, regardless of how unique or unreasonable those circumstances are. If you're not, it's "your" fault.

If the angry twin's issue really is just that she thinks her sister is amazing but doesn't appreciate it enough herself, that means the "issue" causing the conflict is entirely hers and the sister isn't really to blame for anything since she's not doing anything wrong at all. It's the angry twin who's reacting badly to her sister being perfectly normal and then somehow reasoning her way to blaming her twin for it rather than face the fact that it's her own personal issue.

It's much more serious than just average teenage emotions being irrational, she need professional help. The extent to which she's mean to her sister is borderline abusive.

last edited at Jul 11, 2021 6:42PM

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

They have Been hinting for a while now that Tsubaki is possesive about Hiragii

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

I see no reason to assume that this is Tsubaki "going yandere". She really is glad that Hiiragi is doing better, she just feels left out. Let the girl be sad.

The more sensible (or rather, obvious) prediction is that overcoming this dependence on Hiiragi is part of Tsubaki's character arc.

last edited at Jul 11, 2021 7:31PM

Lumg21
joined Jan 6, 2020

The 2nd panel on page 11 is a yandere smile.

And for people hoping for their backstory, it already happened; https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/school_zone_ch45 .

Melty-blood-type-lumina-7
joined Apr 12, 2021

Tsubaki seems more sad and hurt to me than anything else

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Yeah I still don't accept the whole "You're better than you think you are, so I hate you for not believing in yourself even though that just makes you feel even worse about yourself in the first place."

I can't help but feel it's one of the dark sides of japanese culture rearing it's ugly head again.
The awful and backwards idea that one must be proactively and unfailingly accommodating of everyone else's circumstances so as to not bother them, regardless of how unique or unreasonable those circumstances are. If you're not, it's "your" fault.

If the angry twin's issue really is just that she thinks her sister is amazing but doesn't appreciate it enough herself, that means the "issue" causing the conflict is entirely hers and the sister isn't really to blame for anything since she's not doing anything wrong at all. It's the angry twin who's reacting badly to her sister being perfectly normal and then somehow reasoning her way to blaming her twin for it rather than face the fact that it's her own personal issue.

It's much more serious than just average teenage emotions being irrational, she need professional help. The extent to which she's mean to her sister is borderline abusive.

Well as I said it doesn't justify her being mean. We were explaining her own reasoning behind being mean, not saying that her reasoning justifies her behavior. I'm not going to excuse shitty behavior, and I can only hope that the twins get things sorted out. I want them to both be happy and not have such painful feelings between each other.

last edited at Jul 11, 2021 10:06PM

0025_2d6ec0da0f4bf2e38ab1a00396fa809b
joined Feb 7, 2013

What's up with this atmosphere? Is my school zone turning into school days?

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

Angst tag? This fuels me so much.

Turns out Tsubaki is way more interesting than what I first thought. Kaname was really foreshadowing what is about to come with the Hinase twins with her speech about people having and front and back side to them and it really does seem Tsubaki does not want to come second to anyone reading Hiiragi.

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

love 2 watch miserable high school girls frolic about in their miserable school life

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Utsugi is a venerable force of nature
Nobody and nothing can stop her

Takasaki Reika
Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

I think people are really misinterpreting the tone of this chapter. The feeling I get from the last panel isn’t her going yandere mode or something, and she’s not being a petulant brat either. She’s upset because she’s tried really hard to be kind and supportive to the person she cares about the most and has never had those feelings reciprocated. And now that person has finally been able to open up like Tsubaki always wanted her to, but only for someone else. So she’s gotten what she wanted—to help her sister be happy—but she wasn’t able to be the one Hiiragi connected with despite trying for years. It’s a bittersweet melancholic feeling, and she probably feels somewhat guilty as well for being selfish. It’s genuinely a really well-written scenario.

yeah....that's actually sad....

To reply you must either login or sign up.