Forum › Your True Color discussion

Stretch%20full
joined Jun 13, 2012

I haven't seen both of them naked though...

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Good story overall, looking forward to more from this author. I am kinda sad we didn’t get to see Ito’s friends find out she was dating Sumika tho lol

joined May 29, 2021

What does it say about my memory that I thought there had been a sex scene in a previous chapter?

Touhou%20i.2
joined May 16, 2021

Well even if it has ended the author does intend to release bonus chapters of the story.

So more Sumika and Ito wooooo!

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

It seems to me that Ito and Sumika's situation is pretty straight forward. I mean living together in a loving relationship, what's to not understand. A loving couple is still a loving couple, even if you don't call yourselves that. Honestly not using a label, just seems like a way to avoid admitting you're in a homosexual relationship.

EDIT: If by any chance morter reads this, the extra chapter is example of showing that two people are having sex without the need for a sex scene.

last edited at Jul 4, 2021 11:30PM

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

2 people. mutually and monogamously in love. kissing and apparently doin' the do on the regs. living with each other for years. huh... what kind of relationship could they possibly have? how curious... OH, oh, oh, I know! figured it out, guys.

they're just really good friends

joined Mar 26, 2021

This manga was nice, not like very good but pretty nice

Cool
joined Apr 4, 2021

That was sad and very beautiful.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Was the idea that these two couldn't define their relationship, or declined to do so, ever brought up before the extra chapter? The narration in the extra chapter feels kind weird, not because I believe that there has to be a clear line between platonic and romantic relationships, but because it sounds like the narrator doesn't know that LGBT people exist

last edited at Jul 5, 2021 3:33AM

joined Jul 24, 2020

were these last two chapters reuploaded? I think I remember reading ch17 here months ago

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

Was the idea that these two couldn't define their relationship, or declined to do so, ever brought up before the extra chapter? The narration in the extra chapter feels kind weird, not because I believe that there has to be a clear line between platonic and romantic relationships, but because it sounds like the narrator doesn't know that LGBT people exist

no in an earlier chapter ito asks sumika what she meant when she said she liked her and sumika was like, does it have to be defined?

2 people. mutually and monogamously in love. kissing and apparently doin' the do on the regs. living with each other for years. huh... what kind of relationship could they possibly have? how curious... OH, oh, oh, I know! figured it out, guys.

LMAO i was thinking same thing at end lmao so stupid

"Publish and be damned!"

Not really replying to this comment specifically, just wanted to mention that I have been following Yuri stories for about 10, maybe 13 years at least at this point. There was a time, when I used to lurk all the comment sections and Yuri forums (whatever that even was, haha). Back then, it seemed like there wasn't any yuri manga for which The Purple Library Guy hadn't commented or participated in the discussion in some sort of meaningful, insightful manner. You were everywhere! Nowadays, I usually just read the stories and rarely venture to comment sections (I don't have nearly as much time as I used to, sadly). For whatever reason I decided to check this one and I was pleasantly surprised to see the same avatar and username I remember from like 10 years ago. Sounds silly but it brought back a bunch of memories of that time. As far as I am concerned, you sir, are as much a staple of the genre as the yuri itself, and would like to thank you for some of the insight and recommendations that my younger self undoubtedly got from you.

you know what's funny? i actually used to see his posts on manga fox waaaaaaay back in the day when that was the first online manga reader i came across. then i found here and later saw a post of his and was like wow small world XD he had the same name and avatar pic there too! lol

last edited at Jul 5, 2021 5:09AM

joined May 29, 2019

I liked this, the character growth was nice. two people bringing out each others best selves is my favorite kind of relationship

FollowTheBeast
27114c523855cf852d731b3d54d6f14b--manga-yuri-lesbian
joined Oct 1, 2020

You're right!

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I came across this manga late night on the 4th; what rock did I crawl out from under? Now it's around dawn on the 5th and I'm one night of sleep poorer and one yuri story richer. I can't be positive, but just maybe I found this story just a bit captivating.

On another note, we never saw the uncle's partner, right? From the beginning I took that fact and the ambiguous language to mean that he too was in a homosexual relationship.

Yeah
joined Apr 14, 2021

such a good read, im gonna cry

joined Sep 11, 2019

Cute and good.
Had some bad moments but pretty okay.
Waiting for more Bonus chapters

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

Mmm that was a good one. 11/10

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Pretentious beyond scope and couldn't deliver at any point. The only good thing is that it is already over and won't disappoint any longer.

Images%20(7)
joined Nov 22, 2017

They are roommates!

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

It's perfectly normal for friends,good friends,roommates,classmates,school mates,college mates,and house mates to passionately hold hands whilst butt naked and in bed for an entire day.

This perfect interaction between two souls is what shall bring upon world peace.

Img_20200321_011342
joined Jan 15, 2020

I’ve followed this manga since the first chapter came out.
Now that it’s ended I’m gonna totally miss them :’)

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

The thing about not labeling their relationship felt a bit off. It wasn't wrong per se, it just didn't fit that well here. Despite the fact that they had actually mentioned something like that before, the following events made it *pretty clear* what kind of relationship they had, I think. I've read other stories where the relationship actually is sort of ambiguous, or even if it isn't, it just kinda works better in the narrative/dialogue...? It seemed a bit unnecessary here; it felt like the author was coming back to an idea that we had moved on from (but I guess they hadn't lol).

It just wasn't ambiguous okay? The ambiguity didn't have any charm to it, cause it wasn't ambiguous!

On another note, we never saw the uncle's partner, right? From the beginning I took that fact and the ambiguous language to mean that he too was in a homosexual relationship.

We did actually. And yes, it was pretty clear that he would be a guy from the way he was always referred to as his "partner".

starlighthanabi
joined Jan 13, 2021

All that's well ends well.

868e64eacaeed480084b005ae21b7c4c
joined Jul 19, 2018

"Did it make your heart pound?"
"Um... Not really."

Press X for Doubt

868e64eacaeed480084b005ae21b7c4c
joined Jul 19, 2018

'Terrible person,' I don't see what's so terrible about her. Maybe a bit spoiled and naive, but not terrible. She was a child actor; what did Ito expect? She's probably way kinder than most of the others.

To reply you must either login or sign up.