Forum › Hana Ni Arashi discussion

joined Feb 21, 2019

I'm starting to feel really bad for them that they're missing out on all this romantic times together...I get they're being considerate or worried about their friends but at some point in becomes too much and I just want them to say "fuck it...we're dating ok?"

same, like we're nearing chapter 100 and I'd think that would at least mean them telling some of their friends that they are dating :/

the manga could've focused on that instead of wasting chapters on that terrible childhood friend character.. man that arc really was so bad with the whole childhood friend secretly in love and all that.

last edited at Jun 18, 2021 4:31AM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Again and again, I'm reminded why I love this manga.

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019
igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

Small typo on 93.7 third panel
anyhting -> anything

Good catch, thanks!

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Is there an equivalent term to useless lesbian that describes friends who continue to be oblivious to a lesbian couple's increasingly obvious flirting? If not, I feel there needs to be one

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Nanoha delivers another critical hit. And Chidori returns the favor with one of her own. ^_^

Shy boy better shape up and respond so our couple could have their Christmas date as well. There's no way Kumako would decline, no matter what she says now to make herself feel better.

Chidori was really enjoying stroking that thigh... And also really embarrassed when she herself first noticed what she was doing. :D

Nobody badmouths Abe-chin's girl.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

How great would it be if this was all set up purposefully by their friends who already know and just wanted to tease them a little.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

This might be an odd thought, and I'm not sure how well I can express it, but...

So many times, romantic stories basically end after the confession. It's like, once the tension is gone, there's just nothing left to tell? But in this case, the confession happened off-page, before the story even began. Instead that sense of tension comes from their friends not knowing (which, personally, I think is starting to reach the level of cruelty, both toward their friends and for Nanoha). The "confession" in this case could be the point where they tell their friends.

So, on the one hand, I'm looking forward to the day their friends find out, but on the other hand, I have the feeling that will be more or less the end of their tale. Futaribeya certainly shows that kind of tension is not necessary to carry a series, but it's pretty uncommon to go without, and I think the character of Hana ni Arashi would change a lot if that happened.

30_magikarp
joined Feb 21, 2021

I wonder how long the author plans to do this story for. Would we follow them through college and into adult life?
Can't believe we're already at almost 100 chapters and the most intimate thing they've done is an elbow to the breast. At the rate we're going we'll probably get a boob grab by chapter 150 and implied sex by 250.

Act
joined Jun 9, 2018

I'm glad not every girl is gay like in every other yuri manga.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

At the rate we're going we'll probably get a boob grab by chapter 150 and implied sex by 250.

Well... Not necessarily.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

I don't see why that matters personally, sometimes it's fun to have an entirely gay cast. Also seems like an odd generalization as I've read many Yuri manga with straight female characters and friends, some even with straight male friends, but again most of us are probably here for the gay so I don't see why a heterosexual character is so important haha

Maybe it's the supposed "realism" aspect where I've heard people say "oh there's not actually THAT many gay people", but I mean even if that's true I don't read stories for realism necessarily. Plus with acceptance and tolerance on the rise there's many more people opening up about about their sexuality, more people exploring their sexuality, and it's also not uncommon for gay people to befriend other gay people anyways.

As a gay woman, I'm actually kinda glad for that kind of escapism if I'm being fully honest. Real life often has little in common with your classic Yuri manga reality, but it's fun to sorta project myself into a world where there's a ton of gay people around and it's no big deal at all. It might only be me, I guess ^^

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I don't see why that matters personally, sometimes it's fun to have an entirely gay cast. Also seems like an odd generalization as I've read many Yuri manga with straight female characters and friends, some even with straight male friends, but again most of us are probably here for the gay so I don't see why a heterosexual character is so important haha

Maybe it's the supposed "realism" aspect where I've heard people say "oh there's not actually THAT many gay people", but I mean even if that's true I don't read stories for realism necessarily. Plus with acceptance and tolerance on the rise there's many more people opening up about about their sexuality, more people exploring their sexuality, and it's also not uncommon for gay people to befriend other gay people anyways.

As a gay woman, I'm actually kinda glad for that kind of escapism if I'm being fully honest. Real life often has little in common with your classic Yuri manga reality, but it's fun to sorta project myself into a world where there's a ton of gay people around and it's no big deal at all. It might only be me, I guess ^^

Oops sorry I deleted my comment before I saw this response, in that moment I figured that while my comment made sense it might be better to simply move on instead. I'm glad you responded to me though, I fully agree with you and I don't think it's an only you thing. Stories can be great for escapism as you said, and it's nice to immerse one's self in a world where gay people are common and it's entirely accepted as no big deal. I think that's also exactly why some authors write stories like that, and for the same reason there's an audience for them.

last edited at Jun 18, 2021 12:16PM

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I don't know for me I've never been a fan of the whole everyone is yuri trope

I guess if there's a large group I just want to see more diversity in the pairing
I feel the same way when I read a shoujo where every girl get's paired off with a dude
I always kinda hope that at least one of the girls might catch feelings for another girl

Sarah of the Night
Kaijuislandfuruka2
joined May 12, 2020

imagine a galaxy where one shows up best girl kumako.

couldnt be me

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I don't know for me I've never been a fan of the whole everyone is yuri trope

I guess if there's a large group I just want to see more diversity in the pairing
I feel the same way when I read a shoujo where every girl get's paired off with a dude
I always kinda hope that at least one of the girls might catch feelings for another girl

Well fair enough, to each their own. I definitely don't disagree that diversity is good and I often like to see it. However it's also not a problem for me when it's just focused on gay characters, and their relationships and lives. I'm not worried about heterosexual representation as the majority of media is already that. Also I honestly can't think of any time I've ever seen a Shoujo manga or anime with a gay side pair, male or female. Though maybe there's one out there haha

1011820_10203495624854953_6088973233617870240_n
joined Aug 29, 2019

Thx 4 TL!<3 what a cool marathon to have out of the blue (for me at least).
Let's hope that they have an " them alone" moment when things for their sake.... Or have something more unspected to happen :)

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

I'm sorry but their friends get so much in their way it's annoying, why can't they just have some time alone ahhhggg

Image_2022-10-30_015926894
joined Jun 3, 2021

I'm sorry but their friends get so much in their way it's annoying, why can't they just have some time alone ahhhggg

I agree!! I get that being secretive is the biggest theme as of right now but this is just getting old!! All they’ve shared are little hugs and kisses here and there, and the Tokyo date they were so excited for was also interrupted (not even by someone they know)!!! It’s really getting under my skin haha. But at least we get scenes that make u go hhhnhbgbbg u won’t find normally in a pairing that doesn’t go sneaking quick kisses around school !!

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Cockblock ni Arashi

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

This series has been nothing but a long running clam jam if you think about it

last edited at Jun 20, 2021 1:27AM

Nekopop%20avatar%20resized
joined Aug 12, 2020

If the character designs in the manga weren't as good as they are, I would have dropped this series ages ago. The appealing art is wasted on this uninspired story, but I'm too invested and I don't care anymore. I'm hooked on these cute girls.

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Unpopular opinion I know but that "nobody badmouths my girl" part was really cringe sorry

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Unpopular opinion I know but that "nobody badmouths my girl" part was really cringe sorry

It's a kind of thing a teen might say though.

joined Feb 18, 2015

You know, one thing that the Tokyo trip drove home... No matter how torturously long it FEELS like these two have been not progressing in their relationship and getting blocked at all turns by their friends planning group things that interfere with private dates... they've only been "dating" for about THREE MONTHS.

To reply you must either login or sign up.