Forum › Can't Defy the Lonely Girl discussion

B317d5337236dc7a4d6785c89a6164b7c373ff6av2_hq
joined Sep 16, 2017

Cringe

Bruh

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Man this mom arc was so stupid. The resolution was way too easy and super anti climatic but I guess I'm glad it didn't drag out any longer. The confession and kiss were great though.

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

The airports scene completed

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Im gonna be completely real, it felt..kinda cliché? I don’t know, all of it just felt kind of dull to me really, but hey, that kiss and the confession were adorable, kinda wholesome how her friends were all anxiously waiting for the two of them to show up too lol

joined Jul 1, 2020

While I do agree that the resolution was really weak (and kind of anti-climactic, let's be real), the way Sora's mother handled it was actually pretty realistic. My parents were neglectful, too. Whenever parenting got too hard or something involving me obstructed their personal plans, they had a "fuck this" attitude and would either leave me to figure it out myself or throw money at it for a quick fix-up. The ultimatum she gave Sora is also similar to the kinds my parents gave me, too, when I started reaching adulthood.

So, needless to say, as much as I wish for the climax to be a little more dramatic, it's still cathartic to see Sora's mother leave and I'm happy that Ayaka and Sora are finally together.

Yeah, the arc maybe felt a little forced and sudden, but the actual events of that arc felt super realistic to me. Parents like Sora’s mother seem scary and impossible to budge, but they’re actually just trying to force any potential problems out of the way to make it easier for themselves, and when that doesn’t work they’ll just drop the kid and dip. I think this was a reasonably good portrayal of abusive/neglectful parenting, and the whole thing of rescuing Sora hit hard because me and my found family have had to do that kind of stuff for each other.

Big agree, also finally a quick resolution to such plot points, it feels like a breather and I am very thankful for that

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

That was lovely, but I absolutely don't believe in the mom acting like that. That said, I haven't really dealt with such people.

Eefgrstrsvw
joined Nov 15, 2016

She finally said it!!!

50d13a199dce85e34f5bbb7ccb4f798c
joined Jan 4, 2021

Feels a bit rushed imo but I don't really give a shit, this is yuri for fuck's sake! Next, I'm waiting for the two shippers to get together because they seem like they'd make a great couple

43353v3
joined Jun 7, 2020

Not the best storytelling, but at least Ayaka "nailed it". Now they get the house all to themselves! Possible time-skip next chapter? Finale seems near.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Yay, Ayaka nailed it! I really hope that they keep publishing even after they get together so we can get some time for them to develop a real relationship, as well as learn more about the backstories of characters like Morinaga (and get her together with the other shipper girl)

joined Dec 4, 2017

finally AHHH please dont end it right away :(

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Finally KISSS!!!! I HOPE thr next phase of the story is then figuring out the ropes of having their first relationship

Cool
joined Apr 4, 2021

the end is coming i guess

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

Say whatever you want about the whole mom arc, but the confession and the kiss? Absolutely perfect. Plus the manga isn't over yet! So we get to see more fluff and dates and kissing and handholding! Well maybe not that last one, they'll probably censor that

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

Oh thank god the drama got solved smoothly...

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

Say whatever you want about the whole mom arc, but the confession and the kiss? Absolutely perfect. Plus the manga isn't over yet! So we get to see more fluff and dates and kissing and handholding! Well maybe not that last one, they'll probably censor that

I totally agree!

Download_20181110_194445-1-1
joined Feb 12, 2016

MY HEART. But why did it feel so rushed? I wanna enjoy this, but wow that delivery felt unnatural

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

"Yeah, I nailed it"
Well jeez, way to brag about it Ayaka. You should keep your private times with Sora private.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Yeah I was very satisfied by the confession and kiss, perfection is something I'd definitely agree with here.

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

Now go and make babies xD

Screenshot%202021-01-25%20004222
joined Jan 17, 2021

Skip highschool let's go college. That mom already said goodbye. I need my NSFW goddamnit.

Dynav
joined Aug 6, 2013

Mom drama was a bit dumb, but the payoff in this chapter was tremendous.

joined Jul 1, 2020

The confession and the kiss was sooooo good! Ayaka really nailed it

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

"-youre on your own"
"so the same as always"
That woman literally just showed up to throw her weight around after doing nothing.

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Sublime.

Ayaka and Sora can now play house.

To reply you must either login or sign up.