Forum › Can't Defy the Lonely Girl discussion

joined Oct 27, 2018

So she let her go just like that huh?

Delinquint%20yuri
joined Sep 14, 2016

manga rule, love confessions must always be two full pages, break that and you're out, simple as that

manga rule also said that the manga one or two chapter after the confession and the two girls getting together so we probably near 1 or 2 away from the end.

It's chapter 16 so I'm guessing 18 chapters or 3 volumnes

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

Nooooooo we are close to the end

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

So in the end, the mother basically said, "I'll give you some time to change your mind or else I'm cutting you off." Considering how neglectful she's been until now, I shouldn't be surprised that she gave up so easily.

joined Mar 28, 2021

The end is near. Nice to see the friends being relieved. A squad of Cupids supporting the main couple! The supporting friends are what I like in this story.

joined May 1, 2015

She nailed her lmao.
Damn at least try to be more shy about your bedroom activities.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Nice end to this arc.

Pov_youre_a_triple_mugger
joined Feb 19, 2016

"To be continued"
Thank fuck I was worried they'd end it right after the confession and first kiss like most romance manga seem to

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Yeeaaaa she stopped being a dumb!

I love confessions =w= Shame its gonna end soon, this is a good one.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

That felt almost too easy.

Also, pls don't make it just a chapter or two more, give us an entire volume after that and then finish it.

joined Jul 1, 2020

I need atleast 6 more chapters of SoL and wanna see them get married to each other. ALSO SHE FINALLY DID IT!!!

joined May 11, 2018

Cringe

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

"...I didn't make a request."

"I just wanted to."

Ugh, there goes my heart. Now that was a great confession chapter. Not sure how many chapters are left for this series but since the message at the end is just "To Be Continued" instead of something like "Ending next chapter" hopefully there'll be a few more chapters to come, if not another entire volume.

Actually, looking at Kashikaze's Twitter it seems Volume 3 is already out, so we're probably getting Volume 4 after all.
https://www.melonbooks.co.jp/detail/detail.php?product_id=810625

last edited at Apr 20, 2021 1:39PM

Images%20(2)
joined Apr 11, 2021

I'm so happy rn :)

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

So in the end, the mother basically said, "I'll give you some time to change your mind or else I'm cutting you off." Considering how neglectful she's been until now, I shouldn't be surprised that she gave up so easily.

That was a pretty heavy ultimatum, but they should just both go to school in Hokkaido. You don't fuck around with free college

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

That resolution was really weak and it emphasizes how bad the characters are, they're doing for the sake of it, you would imagine someone with a strong, persuasive personality like Sora's mom would not be folded by a highschooler, yet Ayaka pulled it of and with a weak dialogue no less, because "things has to happen and I've decided it", but this is the most troubling to me:
"if you come up here after that, then I’ll pay for you college" whatever that means, right? Feels like lost in translation, but if means she's indulging to her daughter's likes anyway, so what's the point of the line? Don't wanna sound like I'm too negative, but the last chapters have been really rough.

Kawaii-anime-25355452-560-420
joined Feb 24, 2015

It's only the start position! More drama, problems, happiness waiting! Thank you!

joined Mar 8, 2020

Actually, looking at Kashikaze's Twitter it seems Volume 3 is already out, so we're probably getting Volume 4 after all.
https://www.melonbooks.co.jp/detail/detail.php?product_id=810625

Well Volume 3 have chapter 11 to 15, so Volume 4 gonna be 16 to 20 i guess, if it continue after that or not, who knows

joined Feb 21, 2019

ya, that resolution was really weak. And the mom's ultimatum was basically "come back or else I'm cutting you off after school"... though I guess that makes sense seeing as she's been nothing much of a parent than paying for Sora's expenses.

anyways, terrible parent she is, so good riddance at least. Though a bit dumb how easily she was convinced but w.e. Clearly this whole mom thing the author rushing some cheap drama to force progression. Wish the author used a better written arc to lead up to the confession.

and look, I'm hella glad to see the confession and the fact that we are going to get post-confession chapters is always great... but ya, this whole "arc" was quite underwhelming and rushed, it basically just had a great ending and das it

last edited at Apr 20, 2021 2:45PM

Takasaki Reika
Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

yes,it's not end yet!
wow,that was easy,but well whatever
bye mom,we don't need you anymore
Ayaka will take care of Sora

last edited at Apr 20, 2021 2:44PM

georgeoswalddannyson
joined Aug 21, 2019

Mam, this whole mom arc kinda sucked

Pfp
joined Aug 12, 2017

Absolute trash tier arc. Whatever I guess...

joined Apr 7, 2016

While I do agree that the resolution was really weak (and kind of anti-climactic, let's be real), the way Sora's mother handled it was actually pretty realistic. My parents were neglectful, too. Whenever parenting got too hard or something involving me obstructed their personal plans, they had a "fuck this" attitude and would either leave me to figure it out myself or throw money at it for a quick fix-up. The ultimatum she gave Sora is also similar to the kinds my parents gave me, too, when I started reaching adulthood.

So, needless to say, as much as I wish for the climax to be a little more dramatic, it's still cathartic to see Sora's mother leave and I'm happy that Ayaka and Sora are finally together.

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

While I do agree that the resolution was really weak (and kind of anti-climactic, let's be real), the way Sora's mother handled it was actually pretty realistic. My parents were neglectful, too. Whenever parenting got too hard or something involving me obstructed their personal plans, they had a "fuck this" attitude and would either leave me to figure it out myself or throw money at it for a quick fix-up. The ultimatum she gave Sora is also similar to the kinds my parents gave me, too, when I started reaching adulthood.

So, needless to say, as much as I wish for the climax to be a little more dramatic, it's still cathartic to see Sora's mother leave and I'm happy that Ayaka and Sora are finally together.

Yeah, the arc maybe felt a little forced and sudden, but the actual events of that arc felt super realistic to me. Parents like Sora’s mother seem scary and impossible to budge, but they’re actually just trying to force any potential problems out of the way to make it easier for themselves, and when that doesn’t work they’ll just drop the kid and dip. I think this was a reasonably good portrayal of abusive/neglectful parenting, and the whole thing of rescuing Sora hit hard because me and my found family have had to do that kind of stuff for each other.

Img_20200523_003304
joined Mar 6, 2020

YES FINALLY

To reply you must either login or sign up.