Forum › That Time I Was Blackmailed By the Class's Green Tea Bitch discussion

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

Depressing as fuck man, I cried FOR REAL.
I kinda understand Lin Xiao Lu, but why WHY DID YOU DO THAT TO TONG TONG!? SHE WAS SO SAD

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

you dug your hole now lie in it you dumbass lesbian

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

What kind of meanie just leaves off on a cliff hanger like that ;z;

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

We all thought Tong Tong was a dummy, but it turns out Lin Xiao was the biggest dummy of them all.

1011820_10203495624854953_6088973233617870240_n
joined Aug 29, 2019

NOOOOooooo..... I'm depresso now :`(

Thanks for the translation! I hope they mend their relationship, TongTong you poor thing...

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

This looks cute, but I've never really liked these long strip comics. I find them hard to read for some reason.

Same here. They always strike me as an excuse to get away with not doing proper page layouts.

Just as with traditional manga the way the paneling and composition draw the eye in this vertical format is an art unto itself. When utilized properly it flows incredibly well, particularly for action sequences, but like with traditional manga, only a few artists have really mastered how to properly integrate the structure of the media into synergizing with the flow and impact of their work.

Unfortunately, the place I think the vertical medium is weakest, even when used well, is for depicting slow-paced slice of life manga and manhwa with a lot of dialogue. The ability to flow from one image to the next with the spin of a mouse wheel just does not lend itself to the flow of that type of reading-heavy storytelling. The mangaka that created this particular series actually understands and uses the format decently, but it's a genre that isn't very vertical format friendly.

The most annoying thing about the vertical format is all of the masterful art composition in the world is worth nothing if you can't get the thing to fit on your screen at the proper magnification that it's meant to be read at. I have a super widescreen laptop I use most of the time and I swear it fights me tooth and nail when it comes to trying to get these types of manhwa to display as the artist intended them to be read.

last edited at Apr 11, 2021 12:37AM

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

I can understand where Lin is coming from, but... damn girl, did you really have to be that mean about it? Hell, couldn't you have just told her you were gay and that you don't want to risk falling in love with her? Then again I suppose that could cause rumours...

Still, there had to have been a better way, right? Anyway, it looks like Lin REALLY doesn't like seeing Tong Tong cry, so maybe this will give her the push she needs to stop running away from her feelings and get their relationship on the mend. Maybe even more? Though we haven't an inkling as to whether Tong Tong swings that way or not. Or maybe it was hinted at earlier and I'm just forgetting it. It's been a while since I read this one lol

joined Dec 30, 2018

This looks cute, but I've never really liked these long strip comics. I find them hard to read for some reason.

Same here. They always strike me as an excuse to get away with not doing proper page layouts.

Just as with traditional manga the way the paneling and composition draw the eye in this vertical format is an art unto itself. When utilized properly it flows incredibly well, particularly for action sequences, but like with traditional manga, only a few artists have really mastered how to properly integrate the structure of the media into synergizing with the flow and impact of their work.

Unfortunately, the place I think the vertical medium is weakest, even when used well, is for depicting slow-paced slice of life manga and manhwa with a lot of dialogue. The ability to flow from one image to the next with the spin of a mouse wheel just does not lend itself to the flow of that type of reading-heavy storytelling. The mangaka that created this particular series actually understands and uses the format decently, but it's a genre that isn't very vertical format friendly.

The most annoying thing about the vertical format is all of the masterful art composition in the world is worth nothing if you can't get the thing to fit on your screen at the proper magnification that it's meant to be read at. I have a super widescreen laptop I use most of the time and I swear it fights me tooth and nail when it comes to trying to get these types of manhwa to display as the artist intended them to be read.

God i love dynasty for long detailed comments from people who suddenly got passionate about telling smth

mangadex and mangago is just ppl commenting hearts and telling thnx for the update

Screenshot_39
joined Apr 17, 2017

My heart hurst, too...

joined Apr 6, 2018

oh nooo tong tong! love her plssss :'(( love each other now please

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

Ugh it's so hard to see someone that earnest just bawling. Poor Tong Tong

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

I get it, teens can make some dumb decisions sometimes (I know I made a load) and it makes sense for her to just try and avoid the problem because she's been hurt before with this situation and isn't really thinking that it will hurt tong tongs feelings

I like this development, I think they're both good characters and it'll be cute as this progresses

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

When she turned down the money I expected her to go "I'll take it but only if you make me do something for it" or somesuch thing, to keep the theme of the story.

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

Tong tong is so cuteeeee. I'll take her if nobody wants her.

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Nooooo, Tong Tong, you poor sweetheart!! Right in the abandonment issues, oof ouch owie my absolute trauma.

I’m really loving how down-to-earth and real the characterization is in this. There’s an interesting trend I’ve noticed that the highschool setting manhua I’ve read seem to tend a lot more toward the realistic and grounded, like “observations of humans” kind of stuff compared to most highschool romance manga, which seem more.... IDK, scripted, removed from reality? Does anyone know what I’m trying to say / agree? Is this just a sample size thing?

Images
joined Apr 13, 2018

-FURIOUSLY TAPS THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE SCREEN-

Images
joined Apr 13, 2018

Nooooo, Tong Tong, you poor sweetheart!! Right in the abandonment issues, oof ouch owie my absolute trauma.

I’m really loving how down-to-earth and real the characterization is in this. There’s an interesting trend I’ve noticed that the highschool setting manhua I’ve read seem to tend a lot more toward the realistic and grounded, like “observations of humans” kind of stuff compared to most highschool romance manga, which seem more.... IDK, scripted, removed from reality? Does anyone know what I’m trying to say / agree? Is this just a sample size thing?

No, I noticed that too

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I've read plenty of high-school romance manga where I found the writing and specifically the characters to be realistic. Also non-romance manga based in high-school as well. Plus I've actually read various Manhua high-school romances that I found to be highly unrealistic, some of which I still very much enjoyed. So I can't say I agree personally. Though I think this also depends on the reader, and what they define as realistic, removed from reality, and so fourth. I've seen people say X series is unrealistic, and then other people say actually X series is pretty realistic to their own experiences and views. So it's ultimately all subjective I think.

Edit: Also I bet there's some people that don't think this series is realistic, but still enjoy it. Some of those people might think certain manga are realistic that you don't. Again all subjective. I also don't think starting a Manhua VS Manga thing is a good idea. They're both entirely valid and we don't need tribalism arguments breaking out. I enjoy both, and I'm enjoying this series. That's all there is to it for me.

Edit 2: I'd also like to say that sometimes authors (for both Manga and Manhua) intentionally aren't going for realism, which I think is also entirely valid.

last edited at Apr 11, 2021 3:50AM

Takasaki Reika
Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

omg,Tong tong is too cute...

Takasaki Reika
Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

she's into BDSM huh,i like it

Images%20(2)
joined Apr 11, 2021

Thanks now i'm sad enough to sleep

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

God i love dynasty for long detailed comments from people who suddenly got passionate about telling smth

mangadex and mangago is just ppl commenting hearts and telling thnx for the update

yep, that's why I feel like commenting my thoughts on stories won't make a big impact in another website other than dynasty

0ee2c60a-7956-404b-9118-b3d2a41bdeae
joined Dec 7, 2020

useless lesbian being useless :///

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

Ugh. I can totally relate to Tong Tong there (even if the situation is somewhat different). It's super draining and miserable when you invite someone to hang out a lot and get turned down over and over

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Why you gotta do Tong Tong like that? Feels bad

To reply you must either login or sign up.