Forum › Hino-san no Baka discussion

joined Oct 23, 2016

these two are my favorite girls, but when we only get a short chapter every two weeks, omichi really feels like she's just getting in the way of the story. i'm sure when it ends and i read thru the whole thing, i wont feel that way anymore, but right now, its like damn girl, go away. let them be gay.

If I may correct you, Omichii was actually thinking they were a gay couple. If anything whenever she caught them in any weird act, she respectfully excused herself. Its the girls that then try to find a way to prove its just skinship and that they dont have feelings for each other.
If it was up to Omichii, she would honestly label them as being in a relationship. She for sure questions them.
The only ones keeping it from being completely gay, are the two girls themselves.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

You may be small, Koguma, but you’re a lesbian, and you fell in love at first sight.

So just go for it.

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

Lots of bopping

joined Sep 13, 2018

so , it was a 1st sight all this time?

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

They're dripfeeding us and i hate it and i'm here for it every month. Damn it.

Ava%20baby
joined May 5, 2013

OK so real question here:

Is there any people who can remember someone they "met" months ago? I'm very bad at this (took months to remember customers that comes everyweek at work, and I still can't remember their name, it's been 2 years) so I just don't get it and this trope always feels off. I mean, didn't she had million of things that could have replaced the image of this random girl in her head? Even though she thought she's pretty and all.

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

shenron67 posted:

Is there any people who can remember someone they "met" months ago? I'm very bad at this (took months to remember customers that comes everyweek at work, and I still can't remember their name, it's been 2 years) so I just don't get it and this trope always feels off. I mean, didn't she had million of things that could have replaced the image of this random girl in her head? Even though she thought she's pretty and all.

I am the same as you, while my gf can remember a face she just saw up to at least one year before (maximum we tested).

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

You’re mixing up two things here—remembering a name and remembering a face.

In the flashback, Koguma still doesn’t know Hino’s name; she just recognizes that the girl in her first-day classroom is the same person who handed her the paper she dropped when the test results were announced.

I have quite a bit of difficulty putting names with faces, but I often remember the mere fact that I’ve seen a particular person before, if I took special notice of what they looked like the first time.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I mean, you obviously wouldn't remember everyone this well. But someone you fell for at first sight and kept thinking about even when you thought they didn't get into your school? Pretty hard to forget.

joined Sep 11, 2019

Already gay from the get go, let's go

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

Aww, Kogu's pov on things is always so pure.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Aww, Kogu's pov on things is always so pure.

She's so precious.

Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

Absolutely adorable development. And of course, "she's so pretty" ends up being one of Koguma's thoughts about Hino.

On another note, though, the way the mangaka draws hair and clothing, especially in close-ups, is just so nice. One of my favorite artistic touches in the manga. Hino's hair, for instance, looks fantastic. You can almost tell the texture and thickness and the way it would shine, were there color and light.

joined Aug 29, 2019

On another note, though, the way the mangaka draws hair and clothing, especially in close-ups, is just so nice. One of my favorite artistic touches in the manga. Hino's hair, for instance, looks fantastic. You can almost tell the texture and thickness and the way it would shine, were there color and light.

Yeah, it's really something. The tree in the first panel of the last chapter also had that special something for me. How long is the time between publication of the entrance exam results and the start of the school year? Both chapters had falling Sakura petals (I guess), so I'd assume it wasn't actually all that long.
On the topic of hair, we need more Hino-san with a ponytail.

joined Feb 1, 2021

Lots of bopping

The best part is how Hino barely even seems to notice. Please work out, Koguma

joined Jan 24, 2021

Caught up, soul is full.

Moddedpolka2
joined Oct 9, 2016

So. Love at first sight, eh? Can't complain.Can't complain at all.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Huh, had pocky in her mouth at the end of the last chapter, then in the same shot in the next chapter, it's gone!

You might say inconsistencies. But I imagine she just sucked it all in in one movement, just voip, gone, then she walked into the room. That's why everyone's intimidated by her!

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^To mention an inconsitency, I think the author forgot- or chose to ignore- that they said back in chapter 25 that Hino san skipped class during self introductions.

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

^To mention an inconsitency, I think the author forgot- or chose to ignore- that they said back in chapter 25 that Hino san skipped class during self introductions.

She was sleeping. Maybe it was mistranslation way back then.

joined Sep 11, 2019

Kogu's interest with Hino from the beginning is cute tbh. I need more and more developments

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Small bear is not scared of pretty sleeper, no sir.

joined Aug 29, 2019

She was sleeping. Maybe it was mistranslation way back then.

Y'know, digital releases can technically be retconned...

Also: It's been too long since the last chapter – I'm used to getting my fix of Hino-san every two weeks, not three!

I love how this chapter both somewhat subtly as well as very overtly reinforces just how bad Hino's mental situation was at the start of the manga. Overtly through the PTSD-like reaction to being called from outside the classroom (can't find the chapter where the cause is hinted at - that was during middle school, right?), more subtly by how she completely forgot about her between self-introduction and when Koguma went looking for her. Yeah, she was trying to sleep during classes and self-introductions, but she was right next to Koguma and introduced herself right before her.
I'd attribute that to her being in a seriously bad place mentally.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Aww, look at the little lesbian blushing just from sitting next to Hino... ^_^

To reply you must either login or sign up.