Forum › If You Could See Love discussion

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

So...... throuple?

Edit: So, tbh I am kinda rooting for Sayo, but currently, my entire attention is taken by the student president/twin sister. Just the few faces we've seen from her, I'm already in love LOL

last edited at Dec 20, 2020 8:10PM

Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

I hope Mei can come to understand and feel love herself.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

gonna need that poly ending

joined Nov 11, 2020

Yep. Rinna IS an idol. In the first flashback panel on the bottom of this page she's wearing the exact same idol outfit as "Akane" is wearing in the picture at the top of this page. Whether or not she is actually Akane or was simply in an idol unit with her remains to be seen.

wow i did not notice that, good catch!

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I hope we don't go on a cheap Poly ending "I don't want to make one of them sad"

joined Jun 11, 2016

guys I've figured it out!!! Hopefully so lol

Yep. Rinna IS an idol. In the first flashback panel on the bottom of this page she's wearing the exact same idol outfit as "Akane" is wearing in the picture at the top of this page. Whether or not she is actually Akane or was simply in an idol unit with her remains to be seen.

you're definitely right that Rinna is an idol, but she is very much not Akane!!
Anw if you look at the comment on Akane's account here
It clearly said that Mei is Akane's special someone!! Which means they've already known each other!!! But how, and who the heck is Akane then? Well, take a look at the girl holding a bear in this page
Similar hairstyle with Akane and already friends with Mei --> I'm like, 90% sure that is Akane.

I'm assuming that Akane and Rinna were/are in the same idol unit, but then one day Rinna had some accident and Mei (probably visiting Akane) was there to help but Rinna didn't remember it. However, her subconscious still recognize that Mei was her savior and instantly love her, kinda?? Yeh I know my theory sounds stupid but I can't think of anything better.

Anw, I'm still rooting for Sayo because I just love her so freaking much please let her be happy :(

last edited at Dec 21, 2020 10:18AM

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

It clearly said that Mei is Akane's special someone!! Which means they've already known each other!!! But how, and who the heck is Akane then? Well, take a look at the girl holding a bear in this page
Similar hairstyle with Akane and already friends with Mei --> I'm like, 90% sure that is Akane.

Highly unlikely given the context. That girl's just another patient in the same hospital. She got better, she went home, and Mei never saw her again. Really, what's this obsession with identifying Akane as some other random character who doesn't even look anything like her? I'm sure she'll turn up sooner or later. (Transfer student is my bet. Wearing glasses and braids, but instantly obvious to the reader. Well, that's the trope, anyway.)

I'm assuming that Akane and Rinna were/are in the same idol unit, but then one day Rinna had some accident and Mei (probably visiting Akane) was there to help but Rinna didn't remember it. However, her subconscious still recognize that Mei was her savior and instantly love her, kinda?? Yeh I know my theory sounds stupid but I can't think of anything better.

This bit does make some sense.

Tmp_11996-nanofate-3-11937795520
joined Dec 6, 2013

This president student council is piquing my interest..
I'm sorry Rinna...lol

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Well, take a look at the girl holding a bear in this page

Not even the same hair color, unless she dyes it darker for being an idol.

joined May 30, 2020

President is kinda piquing my interest.
But my girl Sayo deserve love too, I feel so sad seeing her hold herself back knowing well that Mei only sees people as friends. Yet she still loves her deeply. I WANT MY SAYO ENDING.

joined Mar 19, 2020

I’m so glad to see all the love for sayo. Rinna is great too but really sayo gotta be happy.

joined Mar 19, 2020

And Mei is wearing the same clothes too

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Excuse me a moment while I completely contradict myself... After taking another look at those pages, I think this is what actually happened:

Mei was attending a performance by Akane and Rinna's idol unit - no, changed my mind about that - Mei stumbled upon Rinna lying unconscious on the floor. She helped out somehow, maybe by calling a first-aider to the scene. (Or maybe by employing some healing skills she picked up herself when spying on the A+E staff to ease her boredom? This part is completely unsupported, by the way.) Akane was grateful to Mei for saving Rinna, and the "special someone" photo was her reward. So there's no particular reason to suppose Akane and Mei previously knew each other, especially as Mei immediately denies it, or would have done if they had given her a chance to get the words out.

As for Rinna, she learned that Mei was the one who saved her, and enrolled in the same school in order to be near her, though she clearly wasn't expecting to be quite so near as she ended up. It's a little odd that Mei doesn't seem to recognize Rinna, so presumably she isn't a fan of the idol unit? And goes out of her way to avoid knowing anything about them? Or selective amnesia is a symptom of her condition? I hope that gets clarified, because it's bugging me now...

And as for Akane, I don't think she's going to be important to the story after all. Not to extend the love geometry, at any rate. And Rinna effectively fills the transfer student role, so that's out too. So much for the glasses and braids...

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Bruh, the motherfucking student council president with the forboding lines

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

A further hypothesis to explain why no one at school knows Rinna is an idol, including the fangirls from the newspaper club (who recognised Mei instantly from one picture taken with Akane, don't forget): That event was supposed to be her debut performance, but after collapsing from nervous exhaustion she decided she couldn't take the strain and chucked it all in to continue living as a normal high school girl. (And borderline stalker.)

joined Jan 23, 2017

When I was reading that last chapter I thought it was a rushed ending. Glad to see it's not.

B6071aac7a563dcf7b3ca75169a02fc0
joined Dec 4, 2018

Imagine if she's aro? as an aro gal myself i'd find it quite fascinating but i wouldn't really want that since both her love interests are adorable so let's see how this works out

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

When the game tells you to do side quest to progress the main story

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

You've got a friendly female flying squirrel on your six, over!

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

The girl literally just got put in the official role of what she tried to unofficially be during middle school days that blew up in her face and made her want to not get involved in romance whatsoever. Hopefully it goes better this time.

last edited at Feb 25, 2021 5:01PM

A8eb27cb4a70a5-a-nw-p
joined Feb 17, 2020

So they chose the triangle route...

I'm still team Fukatsu! I'm sure she doesn't love Haruno ONLY physically, I really hope it's not that...

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

I'm officially on team Mirai now, I love the student pres.

Integra%2010
joined Dec 4, 2019

I love this president and how she just made Mei part of her student council.

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

She knows 2 people love her. She should explain to them that It's not a real date beforehand.

joined May 24, 2014

Well then, this is an interesting direction

To reply you must either login or sign up.